Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWiseGuy487

TheWiseGuy487 Electrifying!

I love Nichijou, from the two episodes I've watched of it (I seriously need to get back to it).

The best way I can describe it: Imagine the most exaggerated, random or worst case scenario of how a person feels what could possibly happen in a normal, everyday situation or accident, and someone put it into animated form. (i.e.-- bumping into someone and causing a devastating, catastrophic explosion that would wipe out millions. :woot:)

2. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

haha that sounds pretty damn hilarious, heck those few clips made me literally laugh out loud.

3. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

What for did they congratulate him?

:hehe:

4. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Anybody else following JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

[​IMG]

5. ssj wolverine

ssj wolverine Plenty have tried pal!!

Berserk ep 18

6. craigdbfan

Psycho-Pass Ep.1 - 3

[​IMG]

It's like a mixture of Minority Report, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?/Blade Runner, & Judge Dredd. Really digging this show so far.

7. Lucien

Lucien Bozhe Moi

Time of Eve.

Its a short 6 episode series set in the not too distant future, where humans have become almost reliant on androids in their day to day lives. They're treated as appliances and looked upon with indifference, despite the majority of them looking identical to flesh and blood people, and any close relationship between human and robot is seen almost as taboo. Time of Eve is an underground cafe that has only one rule: there's no discrimination between humans and robots. Androids visiting deactivate their status rings when inside, which is a holographic halo that circles an android's head identifying them as robots. It draws heavily on Asimov and his Three Laws of Robotics, but delves a lot deeper into what makes a person a person and the relationships between man and AI than say I, Robot did. It's a really great piece of science fiction anime, i hope it gets a second series that it leaves itself open for, but it can easily live in its own.

8. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

It gets a hell of a lot better around episode 9 or 10. Just wait. I almost bailed at the beginning because it was just above average (for a modern anime) and I have a lot of other stuff to do. I'm not all caught up on all the episodes myself, yet.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  9. Nathan

Nathan ...

They look like FFVII's Turks.

10. craigdbfan

Interesting. Definitely not planning on bailing on this series. I'm on episode 5 now (taking this one in slowly) and I still find this show beyond intriguing. Plus the intro for the show alone has me hooked. :hehe:

11. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

I like the original opening and ending too. Of course they later replace both of them with something I like less. :angry:

12. Ryo Jin

Ryo Jin Let's Fighting Love!

Sword Art Online
    Episode 13

[​IMG]

13. Lord

Lord All Mighty

If you're interested in watching it in a row the chimera ants arc is going to be animated:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Spider-Aziz

Bleach the first movie

15. craigdbfan

Oh my goodness! Dude about episode 11:
    you weren't kidding about things getting even better, I sort of figured Makishima figured a way to avoid being detected by the dominator but it was still a pretty powerful moment nonetheless. I felt bad for Akane's friend though. :(
    Oh and I completely agree about the new opening. It's so awful in comparison to the 1st. Not only is the visual not creative (it's just a montage of clips) but the song itself is just dreadful. The 1st opening is lightyears better. :argh:

Now I'm going to try and kill ep. 12 - 21. :wow:

How are you liking it so far? I really loved this series (especially Season 1).

16. Spider-Aziz

Street Fighter II the film

17. craigdbfan

Psycho Pass EP. 12 - 21 since Tuesday/Wednesday night/morning respectively.

Dammit I wanted to catch the Simulcast of Psycho Pass so badly but I'm going to miss it by 2 hours because of work. :waa:

I wanted to experience the finale with the whole world. :(

Se la vie. :argh:

18. Ryo Jin

Ryo Jin Let's Fighting Love!

Same here, season 1 was great. Season 2's okay, but his cousin crushing on him is annoying, tropey, pointless, and stupid.

19. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

[​IMG]

Psycho-Pass completed (22 episodes)

The ending: [blackout]Everything up to Kogami shooting Makishima was well handled. Akane's got some sweet moves. While I'm glad they didn't have Kogami not kill Makishima, in many ways they reset right back to square one where the show started, which is just potential sequel bait I guess. The Sibyl system lives on, despite Akane's outburst. I suppose Kogami becomes the next Makishima. I suppose.[/blackout]

VERDICT: Good to very good but not a classic...yet. Is this supposed to have a second season?

20. craigdbfan

[​IMG]

Psycho Pass
    (entire series)

A masterpiece. The philosophical pondering of morality and the price of progression in order to achieve justice to deliver "peace" have never quite been as eloquently displayed as they have in this here series.

Even without a second season the message of Psycho Pass was a very poignant one. What's the price of justice and what do we have to sacrifice [blackout](Akane staying subservient yet morally reluctant towards the Sibyl System and Kogami becoming the immovable object to Makishimas unstoppable force)[/blackout].

Beautiful, introspective and most of all powerful.

As for the ending:

I didn't take it as Kogami replacing Mikishima. Kogami while understanding the actions of Mikishima completely detested his abhorrent ways. The restart showed how differently Akane was handling her job as Inspector in comparison to Ginzo who made the differentiation between the enforcers in a way that dehumanized them. Akane opted out for that and makes it very clear that they are in fact human but go about finding criminals in a "different" way.

As for Kogami I firmly believe he didn't turn into a Makishima type. The whole point of the series was that Kogami found Makishima's actions completely abhorrent and a desperate act for attention. While Kogami understood him better than anyone else it's that very reason that brought so much disgust towards him. It was a classic instance of "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?". In this case though Kogami was able to trivialize this entire concept by tearing Makishima down and destroying him. This irresistible force paradox that Makishima was so confident about was turned upside down by Kogami's determined will to erase Makishima from existence.

The book he's reading at the end "Swann's Way" deals with a whole bunch of themes and apparently one of those is that time is a constant which would go perfectly with Akane's quote about Kogami and Makishima's fate being determined from the very beginning.

As for their being a second season I would guess that all depends on how well the DVD/Blu Ray ends up selling in Japan and overseas (mainly Japan). I'm perfectly fine with this ending but I certainly wouldn't mind a sequel as long as it's written by Urobuchi.

21. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Just watched a few minutes of Bio-Booster Armour Guyver and Tekno Man on YouTube. Just on a bit of 'cartoons I found when I was little' kick today.

22. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Is Psycho-Pass worth watching? I heard many fans got disapointed.

Heard Fate/ Zero was amazing, is the plot that good?

23. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

I'd certainly say Psycho-Pass is worth watching to the end. I might even watch it again if there's ever a dub.

24. Lord

Lord All Mighty

25. ssj wolverine

ssj wolverine Plenty have tried pal!!

Finally finished all 25 eps of Berserk. Man that was intense but great anime.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.