Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are talking about YuYu Hakushu and yeah me too, its my #1 favorite anime ever!
I totally was. :hrt:

[YT]u7DqEAvMPd8[/YT]

Not only was the story and the characters beyond incredible but the music was mesmerizing. Noriyuki Abe the director of the series also directed Bleach and there's something about his directing sensibilities that really make these manga come to life. Especially with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Oh I prefer the Japanese version of the soundtrack.

Yeah the show was really great and every season had something new to offer. Season 1 was mostly about the introduction for the characters that we will see for the rest of the show. I liked the resurrection story arc of Yusuke and his missions. Season 2 had the tournament and it was just awesome watching every battle. Season 3 had the Sensui Seven and they were really interesting. Season 4 is my least favorite but it was still good.

Chapter Black was awesome. :up:

Oh and I'm talking about the same Japanese soundtrack. Just posted that english cover of the ending because I just dig that ending theme. :D :up:

Yeah in terms of actual musical tracks these are just a few of my favorites:

I haven't listened to those, I only listened to the music that were shown in intro/credit scenes. But my favorite is the song for the opening, even though I don't know the meaning of the lyrics, I always sing it when I think of the show.

Would you guys stop it! I have all of these animes to watch, and now you guys are making me want to watch Yu yu hakusho again :csad:.

Seriously though, it really is a great series. First time I watched it up until the start of the tournament in season 2. It was the English dub (which for a dub is a really good one) that was showing on Toonami. Later on down the road I realized I had never watched the show through. So I went ahead and watched it from scratch in with English subs instead.

I think the author has a really good style, and story structure. He did HunterxHunter too, and was shaping it out to be another great. Though personally, the Ant arc just went straight down the toilet for me. Then once it starts picking it up again he goes on another years hiatus :csad:. I know it can't be helped, and his health comes first, it's just like lately the series is trying to make me not like it, lol.

Yeah I also saw Hunter X Hunter (the 1st series) several years ago, but towards the end, the quality just wasn't good and I cannot really remember it anymore. I haven't also seen the new Hunter X Hunter series.

Yeah I also saw Hunter X Hunter (the 1st series) several years ago, but towards the end, the quality just wasn't good and I cannot really remember it anymore. I haven't also seen the new Hunter X Hunter series.

It's a really good series with an interesting way of developing the story. The problem comes in later chapters. Early on you can see some of the same brilliance the author had in Yu yu, but in different ways. Later on he started getting sick and taking year long breaks after just putting out a few chapters. Then the quality really started to suffer. I just ended up forgetting about the series for awhile, even when I knew it was back, just so I could read a bunch in a row. I don't think I would have stuck with the series if I was waiting months and months inbetween each chapter. A couple of times I came really close to quitting the manga. Currently it's on hiatus still (has been for a loooong time), and stopped at an interesting point. Though I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to read it after it comes back. The chimera ant arc really about did me in, IMO it was awful

Those that didn't watch Hunter X Hunter should do it, there's even a new anime adaptation that is closer to the manga and it's right now in the Chimera Ants arc.

Chimera_ant_arc_poster.png

For me that arc was pretty much like Skypiea from One Piece, while watching/ reading it i just want to get it over with, after finishing i find it ok, and then as more time passes i begin to remember how amazing it was. I now consider it one of the 3 best arc of HXH, along with York New and Chairman Elections arc.

I say, definitelly give the new adaptation a try, the plot, characters and action are very well done. By the way, Togashi was sick back in 2002 or something like that when his room was like this

Or that was even before, either way he's now happy with his family, he even wrote a children's story with his wife:

His latest hiatuses have been because of his lazyness, and he aparently takes one every time a new Dragon Quest game comes out. Even though he takes all these hiatuses in least he plans and writes well his story.

For some reason I thought his latest run on HxH would last a little longer...nope.

Anyway, anime I watched the past 2 days:

Hataraku Maou-sama ep 9
Kakumeiki Valvrave ep 8
Yahari Ore no Seishun blah blah blah ep9
DATE A LIVE ep 9
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 8

Looking forward to today's Kyojin and Oreimo.

The new Hunter X Hunter is awesome. Incredibly well animated and besides toning down the violence a tad it's almost a page by page recreation of the manga.

It's interesting because Togashi is married to Naoko Takeuchi (the mangaka behind Sailor Moon) another great series in my view. She also fell off the radar after marrying Togashi. It's like once they got married both of their artistic determination started disappearing. Sort of unfortunate really.

Here's hoping Togashi comes back soon and that Takeuchi can make some sort of comeback seeing as she wrote one of the most popular and influential manga within the last two decades.

Well they've both made millions off their work so there's not a whole lot of motivation left lol.

While both seem to have less determination i think Hunter X Hunter is Togashi's best work, unlike with Yu Yu Hakusho editors aren't interfering with his work and he has all the time in the world to develop the plot, and HxH is one of the best written long-runing shonen manga around right now. While the Chimera Ant arc was long i think it was very well written, the villain was refreshing and was a good homage to Cell.

I don't really see a middle term with that arc, some dislike it a lot, while bigger fans and manga readers love it to death. I wouldn't really mind the hiatuses if every time he delivered a complete story like he did with the chairman elections arc, that one was short but good.

As for Naoko i hope that planed new adaptation of Sailor Moon happens and Toei doesn't screw up.

I think the Chimera Ant arc was just filled with too much useless side stories. It would go from being on a really good role, to completely derailed like the author didn't know what he was going to do next, and it ended up feeling muddled. Plus, it tended to drag on a lot in certain areas for no reason (I could easily have done without the little octopus guy, and wolf stuff).

I'm not trying to give out huge spoilers, so I think this part of the story should be safe to talk about. However the chameleon ant is a good example. They give him a background story, build him up to be someone who's going to change the fate of everyone, and help win the end fight. Then hiatus time. It comes back and all he does is help a minor character become invisible to land a few punches against the main villain, and even then the main villain sees through it pretty quickly.

That arc, and the waiting aside, it's a really good series. It really marches to it's own beat, in pace, and story especially. It's one of the few shounen manga's I've read that I didn't guess where the story was going 10 chapters before it got there. It's just that during the ant arc I really lost a lot of enthusiasm for the series. Then afterwards it picks back up with Killua's family, and the new world stuff. I was becoming interested in it again, then bam, over 1 year hiatus again, lol.

Last edited:
I have to disagree to a certain extent about the Chimera Ants arc, while i didn't like the octopus part of the story the many troubles the chameleon guys were having were there for a reason, it showed that the 4 main ants were very overpowered and how much of a desperate situation they were in.

CA dragged a lot, that's true, but i think the last part was well handled from the palace invasion up to Meruem's resolution, which quite a big surprise. Either way i think HxH and One Piece are the only long running shonens right now that are still as good as before, and that still have a bright future.

While CA was true to the manga's premiese of strange creatures i have to say that plot that interests me more is Kurapika's struggle revenge against the spiders and the mystery of meteor city, i was a little disapointed that after 10 years it still hasn't been resolved. And the next arc doesn't even look like it will go in that direction.

By the way Fading, what is your opinion of the Royal guards and Meruem? I found them some of the most entertaining characters of the manga.

I'm watching Berserk, now.
I'm on episode 8 and not finding it really interesting, so far. I thought the action and the characters would be more exciting. I'm going to watch all the way through, but I hope it gets better.

Last edited:
By the way Fading, what is your opinion of the Royal guards and Meruem? I found them some of the most entertaining characters of the manga.

I liked the royal guard more than Meruem himself. His relationship with Komugi was actually pretty interesting. Which led to some character growth, but he was just too overpowering (not to mention the Cell homage was a bit too strong for my taste personally).

As far as the royal guard though, I liked them (Pitou and Pouf moreso). All of them had a strong desire to protect Meruem, but they all went about it in different ways. It was interesting to see 3 seperate paths heading towards the same goal.

BTW, I'm not saying it's a bad series. It's just that personally I didn't like the ant arc, and the long hiatus's didn't help either. That's just me though. Maybe the anime will end up handling the pacing better, and won't be riddled with a year gap inbetween one episode to the next.

I'm watching Berserk, now.
I'm on episode 8 and not finding it really interesting, so far. I thought the action and the characters would be more exciting. I'm watch all the way through, but I hope it gets better.

I liked Berserk (though probably not quite as much as some in this thread), but I will give a warning. It ends abruptly. While the manga kept going, and going, the anime just stops right at the end of the arc.

I liked Berserk (though probably not quite as much as some in this thread), but I will give a warning. It ends abruptly. While the manga kept going, and going, the anime just stops right at the end of the arc.
Well, that's not comforting.

How about HunterxHunter? Is the first series good? I'm planning to watch it after I'm done with Berserk?

It's cool, i can see why you didn't enjoy the arc much, if i had to wait 8 years for an arc like that to end i would go crazy, it's easy to forget what happened before too. The anime has been doing one chapter per episode, and while they have been doing that better than One Piece (which i think the anime drags way too much) i hope they later use a faster pacing.

How about HunterxHunter? Is the first series good? I'm planning to watch it after I'm done with Berserk?
I recomend you the new series, the original was good but the plot only adapts the manga up to a certain point, it also has much filler, censored many scenes and even cuted an important fight.

HxH is worth a go, it's pretty good. My complaints are contained to one arc, and about mid way through it at that, and dealing with the manga having a long hiatus. None of which affect the anime as it currently is.

The short version, Gon wants to join the Hunter's organization. They basically take on jobs for pay. He ends up befriending Killua, an assassin (trying to be as non spoilery as I can), as well as two other main characters. The first arc deals with Gon adventuring to a trial test with a bunch of others to try and become a Hunter. The action slowly picks up, but that's ok in this anime. While there is a lot of action, the stories much more important than a DBZ. Also, as said before, it's made by the maker of Yu Yu Hakusho, and you can see that a bit in the show (which is a good thing).

Here's the opening which shows off the early animation a bit.

[YT]M1GJfw0xu8A[/YT]

Still watching 'Ika Musume!' and I think I have a new favorite character. Aizawa Chizuru. :awesome:

Here's one good comparison between a certain fight in the old and new anime

[YT]O5uVoqafQWs[/YT]

While it was also well done the old anime cuted important stuff from that fight due to the violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"