Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan

Nathan ...

My friend was totally into Hunter X Hunter. So we used to watch the Anime often at his place. That was definitely one badass fight.

2. Nathan

Nathan ...

Man, got totally caught up in an Anime. I watched all 24 Episodes of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo in one sitting.

Damn that speech near the end.

[​IMG]

3. Lord

Lord All Mighty

If you liked the old show then you should definitelly try the new version. Sorry if i have to make publicity for Hunter X Hunter 2011 again :oldrazz:, but for those that want to get into it then i highly recoment to watch the reboot before the first anime, not only did it delete some imporant stuff (an entire fight, as well as it's character were deleted, and it was a very important bit, as it seted up what was to come.) but it also had some filler.

The original actually did one arc better than the new version because of the athmosphere, but there's still stuff from that arc that was better done in the 2011 version. Another problem from watching the original instead is that it ends abruptly, it then had 3 OVAs to continue the plot, but even so they didn't complete the story because the manga is still ongoing. If you want a good example then imagine if the Naruto anime had stoped after the end of the first Konoha Invasion (during the chunin exams), or if they stoped making more Bleach episodes after the Soul Society arc.

Unlike with Fullmetal Alchemist i don't think you gain more from watching the old show before the new one. I do recomend to check it after finishing the new show though, while waiting for new episodes of course, Hunter X Hunter 2011 is still ongoing, and it's gonna last in least another year.

If you like Naruto then i recomend Hunter X Hunter even more, Kishimoto was HxH's writer's aprentice and such concepts as the Chunin Exams and the uchiha massacre and revenge were borrowed from Hunter, you'll even notice some similarities in the power systems.

4. SymbioticToxin

SymbioticToxin Hello, bird

I've been watching Attack on Titan. It's very...interesting, I'll give it that. I do recommend it though.

5. Fading

Fading ---

Yeah, I liked the series. I saw it a little bit back. I'm surprised how they made Shiina so completely clueless without being a ditzy airhead like most animes would have made her. Was interesting seeing her go from a blank slate who couldn't even dress herself to how it was in the end. Overall it was a pretty good school comedy harem.

Also I think your post on the previous page was about Squid girl, right? I haven't seen it, but I've seen it mentioned before. The art, and (from what I've read) the humor are kinda similar to Seto no Hanayome (My bride is a mermaid). Thought I'd just mention it since I liked Seto no Hanayome, and thought I'd recommend it. It's a comedy mainly, with some forced marriage/harem mixed in.

[YT]saMXfHEn4Go[/YT]

[YT]oAb-ZhIk0YE[/YT]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  6. Nathan

Nathan ...

Cool, I'll give that a go.

7. Jick

Jick Auxiliary Assistant

That's one of the reasons why I don't want to watch the ongoing series. For now, I'm watching animes that had a conclusion (in the meaning that there won't be more episodes).

So I think I'll go with the old HxH after I'm done with Berserk.

8. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Finished watching Soul Eater, watching Trigun right now.

9. K'Prime

K'Prime Beast mode

last one i watched was Tenchi Muyo!war of geminar...seems to have jumped to higher levels of ecchi sense the original o.0

10. The Navigator

The Navigator Well-Known Member

Started watching some of Cybersix.

11. Nathan

Nathan ...

Fading, thank you for recommending me Seto no Hanayome. That whole Anime was just too epic. I just love the whole Seto Clan. Hell, I love everyone. Especially Terminator Dad. I actually threw my hands into the air and shouted "YES!" when he finally decided to join the battle. :woot:

And the Song of Heroes is too badass.

[​IMG]

[YT]kanc0VK7Ysc[/YT]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  12. Fading

Fading ---

I was actually surprised by the final episode. That last battle was pretty badass for a comedy series. It had that same kinda brilliant spark as Toppa Tengen for a moment. What almost made me spit my drink though was when Lunar's father was cross dressing. The hero looks out of the window across the street, and this big buff guy dressed as a school girl suddenly, "Kyaaa"'s, and closes the curtain. It was just so random I was cracking up.

I was trying to think of another funny anime in that vein I've watched this year, but can't think of one atm. I mean I've been watching a lot of comedy, and slice of life style animes recently, but nothing quite as wacky. However this popped into mind.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai. Hmm, it censored the last word. It's basically the s cussword with ai at the end of it. I'll just link a few YT videos so you can see if the humors your style. There's plenty of humor outside of the fake fighting stuff, but these scenes popped into mind.

[YT]ehpisup5csg[/YT]
    [YT]lcfskf0uLbQ[/YT]
    [YT]8EUuYxXJ6MY[/YT]

Basically the main guy had what the anime calls "8th grade syndrome". He walked around calling himself the "Dark flame master", striking poses, talking about juice restoring his mana....in class. He got over it, but was so embarrassed when entering high school he switched to one where no one would know him. However he finds a girl who acts exactly like he acted in middle school, and she pulls him back into that world against his will.

The fights make me laugh because of the way it switches back to reality. You see this big epic fight, then it switches back to reality and just looks really, really akward, lol. Outside of the fighting there's plenty of humor as well. Anyway, I'll try to think of something else closer to My Bride is a Mermaid later.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  13. Nathan

Nathan ...

It was just an Epic way to end the series. Especially after they completely avoided showing a badass fight at the concert.

That entire Episode was too hilarious. I felt so sorry for the daughters.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I actually know of that. But I haven't watched too many Episodes. I don't know, I guess the delusions are just too much for me. :funny: But I watched all of Akibaranger, so I guess I'll keep watching this.

14. Nathan

Nathan ...

Oh, and I dare everyone to watch all 12 Minutes and 5 seconds of this. :awesome:

[YT]5QTiwN6OLAw[/YT]

15. Ryo Jin

Ryo Jin Let's Fighting Love!

Finished "Angel Beats!" Holy crap, this anime surprised me. Not only did it have good comedy, but good action and some heart tugging moments. I just wish it wasn't so short!

16. dru-zod2501

dru-zod2501 Well-Known Member

Finished the first season of Saint Seiya Omega, Damn! I didn't see that end coming and I'm so curious to see what happens next. I don't want to burn through them too fast, so now I'm starting classic Saint Seiya to get the backstory

17. Fading

Fading ---

Couldn't sleep so woke up and felt like watching something until I fell back asleep, heh. I just finished episode 10 of Kami-sama no Memo-chou, wow, ending surprised me. I'm liking this series, shame only 2 episodes left. This is one of those animes that feels far too short. It's fairly new though, so hopefully it'll get a season 2.

As for what it is, it's a 12 episode semi detective series with a NEET hacker girl (she refers to herself as a NEET detective, and seems proud of it), and her reluctant new assistant. The art on it is pretty good, and the episodes don't tend to drag or anything. The actually crimes, and detective work aren't as detailed as a Detective Conan, however its not light on the detective work either.

A fairly average guy transfers to a new school, and ends up witnessing a girl leaping out of a window. Then these guys show up, take her, and leave. He attends his first day of school, and a girl finds him alone on the rooftop. She drags him into the gardening club (of all things, lol), then drags him along to her work place to treat him to some food. The guys who he bumped into earlier who took the girl who leapt out of the window work there. They end up introducing him to Alice (the hacker shut in girl) who is surrounded by computer monitors, and stuffed animals. He ends up finding himself helping them without even agreeing to. From there it just goes case to case (though one of the cases spans 4 episodes, and another 3).

Trailer
    [YT]Lbgehzo1MH0[/YT]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  18. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Great teacher Onizuka episode 26
    Still one of my favorite anime series

19. TheWiseGuy487

TheWiseGuy487 Electrifying!

Cardcaptor Sakura, Episodes 1-2

I remember watching a few episodes the localized version of this back in the day when it aired on the old KidsWB block (I can't even believe I can remember that. I'm really showing my age here. God, I'm old.), so I decided to give the original, unedited Japanese version a go.

Needless to say, I'm really enjoying this. The characters are very likeable. Kero is pretty hilarious at times. And the animation during the Cardcaptor sequences is very well done. My god, the animation! I'm gonna need someone to make a .gif for me somewhere down the line. :woot:

I really hope one of the anime companies in America licenses this show so I can buy it. I would love adding this to my collection.

20. childeroland

childeroland Well-Known Member

Enjoyed Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo very much.

21. Nathan

Nathan ...

Yeah, it's great. Watched it in one sitting. I just couldn't stop.

22. Lucien

Lucien Bozhe Moi

Mardock Scramble the First Compression.

Phenomenal action, the rest of the plot in between seemed a bit underdeveloped, the pacing may not have helpped.

23. Nathan

Nathan ...

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2 - 11

This Episode was just hilarious. :funny:

24. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Girl Who Leapt Through Time

25. Avangarde

Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan. Watched the first 6 episodes, geez it's brutal but very cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.