Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Ball. I know it's old hat and most anime fans look down on it, but I can't help it, it's just undeniably, infectiously fun and I love it.

Continuing through the Universal Century Gundam series; 4 episodes into 0083 Stardust Memory.

Dragon Ball. I know it's old hat and most anime fans look down on it, but I can't help it, it's just undeniably, infectiously fun and I love it.
I was surprised but it's actually not true, the most elitist anime/ manga fans also regard Dragon Ball and its creator Akira Toriyama on a pedestal. Any decent fan of the medium knows the importancy of DB, those don't look down on it, they mostly look down on Naruto and Bleach, but certainly not Dragon Ball.

It's true, it is still a very popular anime that I just started rewatching DBZ three episodes a day which which what with 291 episodes at the rate it will take me 3 1/2 months.

Finished Gundam 0083. The animation fab and it had some great action. The plot was a bit lacking, it's definitely telling that it was a set up for Zeta Gundam, but at 13 episodes that was it's purpose and it did it well.

Uchouten Kazoku episode 8

I'm not much of a fan of drama series but this little gem is quite enjoyable, especially if you can't resist the cuteness of Tanuki's (raccoon dogs). Kind of has a Summer Wars feel to it or something studio ghibli-ish, this series has a lot of heart. I also like how they have animated Kyoto perfectly, it's nice to see shops, bridges, streets etc where I have walked in real life.

8/10

Genshiken episodes 1 and 2. Very nice slice of life of a group of otaku.

The most recent episodes of Zexal II. It continues to be the only anime that holds my interest since Psycho-Pass ended.

Moonphase-(found it on netflix). An odd anime that couldn't decide whether it wanted to be serious or silly and wound up in some poorly executed mixture between the two. Got to episode 14 and had enough so I skipped to what episode I thought was the final battle episode 20'ish something and said goodbye.

Last edited:
WTF please tell me im not the only one thats seen Darker than Black .BK201 aka The black Reaper kicks ass

Every episode of AoT does that. :funny:

Crazy good series.

Not since Death Note or FMA has there been such a gripping series.

Shingeki no Kyojin 21
One Piece 610
Space Brothers 71
Uchouten Kazoku 9

Chobits: "Chi Doesn't Do Anything"
Hetalia: Axis Powers : Episodes 5-8
Darker Than Black: "A Heart Unswaying On The Water's Surface: PT 1"

...and Soul Eater...can't get into it.

I want to thank a few of you that mentioned Attack on Titan. I just started watching it yesterday and already hooked. I am on ep. 5.

Weiss Kreuz. I don't know why the folks who are down on this are down on this. A little talky, like Fate Stay Night, but decent.

Ben-To, episodes 1-5. 5 eps in and I still can't decide if I like this thing or not.

I just watched Now and There, Here and Then again over the weekend. My god is it depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"