Latest Anime you watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach ... 71

Naruto ... 130-139

Eyeshield 21 ... 34 & 35

later when the downloads are done .... Blood+ episodes 20 & 21

oh, Inuyasha & Samurai Champloo on [AS] last nite ....

Just about the only anime I seriously watched as of this moment:

1) Saint Seiya (the real old violent version) - ah, childhood memories.
2) Ghost in the Shell (both films and series) - the movies rock and the series are cool, thought I am still only in the 1st season, am looking forward to reading the first manga. Heard there was a Stand Alone Complex manga coming out as well.
3) Boogiepop Phantom - pretty cool but I really need to get my hands on the manga to understand it more.
4) Perfect Blue - not bad. Some elements of this thriller really couldn’t be done as smoothly in live action.
5) Gasaraki - its idea intrigued me at first. Beats all those futuristic giant robot animes. Though haven’t gone far enough into it to have a clear opinion of it yet. With those other animes out there I’m not sure when I’ll get back on this one.
6) Ninja Scroll - enjoyed the movie, pretty nice, but the first few episodes of the series didn’t catch me…don’t know if it is worth buying the other two dvds.

Now, I’ve read the synopsis and seen some trailers, of course, (that’s pretty much why I am interested in them enough to ask the following question) but could any one please tell me what are the following animes really about?
Elfen Lied
Gunslinger Girl
Paranoia Agent
Texhnolyze

watched the first DVD of FMA last night. Great stuff, can't wait to watch the rest

BERSERK....singale greatest anime I have ever seen.....Im not even bugged by the fact it didn't have a proper ending...I still loved it...

Spider-X-Treme said:
Now, I’ve read the synopsis and seen some trailers, of course, (that’s pretty much why I am interested in them enough to ask the following question) but could any one please tell me what are the following animes really about?
Elfen Lied
Gunslinger Girl
Paranoia Agent
Texhnolyze
ok, I've only seen Elfen Lied, and only the first 6 episodes I think (of 13) so I don't know how it ends

the series starts with a girl in a straight jacket and a metal helmet encasing her head. She is locked into some sort of containment cage. A guard lies dead at her feet, and another across the room is shaking in terror. We see the keys from the belt of the guard at her feet rise through the air, and unlock the girl from the cage. Obviously she's a telekenetic. She releases herself from all of her bindings, save for the metal helmet, and begins slowly and calmly walking towards escape, completely naked. Other guards begin to arrive to try and stop her, and we're told the girl's power is effective up to two meters. Bullets freeze in the air as they're fired at her, and as she walks by the guards in her way, their heads pop or their hearts explode.

Eventually the girl exits the facility and walks out over a cliff above the ocean. The director of the facility is lying in wait along with a long range sniper, who fires a bullet that hts the girl, blows off her helmet, and sends her into the ocean.

Switch to a sunny sea side town, where a boy is reuniting with his cousin who he hasn't seen in many years. He'll be attending college soon, and has been given the job as caretaker of an unused building that used to be a restauraunt to up keep and live in while he attends classes. As the two walk along the beach, the naked girl steps out onto the shore. But her personality is different from before. She seems as innocent and as clueless as a puppy, and is only able to say the word "myu" (which the boy and girl decide to name her). Benevolently they take her back to their house to take care of her.

The rest of the series deals with who the girl is and where her powers come from, the facility she escaped from trying to retrieve her, and Myu's true, violent personality, Lucy, emerging which always leds to scenes of intense violence. These scenes are juxtaposed next to the relative tranquility and simplicity of the lives of the two cousins who have taken her in.

lots of nudity and blood overall, but a very intriguing series

the opening theme is also very beautiful. Lemme see if I can find it for you

actually, cancel that, I can't link to it directly because the opener contains nudity

but just go to www.youtube.com and search for "Elfen Lied opener"

Only know Gunslinger Girls. Let's see if I remember correctly. It's about girls who are about 12 years old, give or take a few years, who are handicapped. They are being taking in by the FBI or another secret service, healed of their handicapps and are being trained for assassination Missions.

So in short, secret service Killer Lolitas.

---

Found a short Plot summary on another side

"Henrietta" was an innocent little girl when her entire family was massacred and she was left for dead. She was rescued by a privately-owned social welfare organization and given cybernetic components over her battered body. Brainwashed by the organization, she and four other girls now work as cold-blooded assassins, doing the dirty work for the Italian government.

the italian government? that seems random...

Weiss Kreuz OVA 1 & 2

and I finally caught up with Naruto ... episodes 140-175 in the last 2 or 3 days

Neon Genesis Evangelion on Adult Swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"