Homecoming Laura Harrier IS Liz Allan

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
I thought she deserved her own thread

“One Life to Live” star Laura Harrier has landed a significant role in Sony and Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Jon Watts (“Cop Car”) is directing the new “Spider-Man,” which will star Tom Holland as the webslinger and Marisa Tomei as his Aunt May. Zendaya will co-star as a mysterious character named Michelle, while Michael Keaton is in talks to play a villain.

Representatives for Sony and Marvel declined to comment.

http://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-homecoming-casts-laura-harrier-from-one-life-to-live-exclusive/

tumblr_ohwjctOCZE1sc0ffqo1_540.gif

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how she plays the character.

I'd hope they'd keep her around if/when we get Harry, too!

Sucks that she's 26 though..she's gonna age out of the role real quick.

She could be in 12th Grade, with anybody that gets her for the Homecoming being deemed cool by everyone else in school.

I'd be OK with that, myself.

She could be in 12th Grade, with anybody that gets her for the Homecoming being deemed cool by everyone else in school.

I'd be OK with that, myself.
Soo that means she'll be out of High-school by the next movie.

She'll be a junior when Peter gets to ESU in Spider-Man 3?

She'll be dtf by then

IMO she already looks too old and it doesnt help that she's tall. She'll likely be a one and done role anyway

LOL! She's 26. And they couldn't find a younger girl let alone someone who looks like Liz from the comics?

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

She looks pretty young to me. Didn't know she was in her mid-twenties until someone pointed it out.

Still, you never know how she's going to look. Garfield was 27 and looked young in TASM but for some reason, aged pretty quickly, in the span of, like, a year. And in some scenes it was a little distracting for me. (Graduation scene)

I find it odd that she's literally the only one playing a High-schooler in the same age-range as Garfield/Maguire. Everybody else are 14-20 year-olds.

Still, you never know how she's going to look. Garfield was 27 and looked young in TASM but for some reason, aged pretty quickly, in the span of, like, a year. And in some scenes it was a little distracting for me. (Graduation scene)

I find it odd that she's literally the only one playing a High-schooler in the same age-range as Garfield/Maguire. Everybody else are 14-20 year-olds.

and thats the problem. If she were cast with other actors around her age, it wouldnt be as noticeably bc she wouldnt stand out, but she is like 10 years older than most of them. They look like kids to me. She looks college aged at best and her height makes her appear even older, especially with the guys so short in comparison

It does seem odd that they'd cast a much older actress for the role, but I can only assume she'll be the unobtainable girl and not featured much. Definitely wouldn't expect her to be back for future installments.

..As I said, she's probably going to be in 12th grade and every guy in the 10th grade (Peter and Flash, namely) are going to be PINING over her to take her to the Homecoming dance for bragging rights, basically.

Flash will win and think he's all that showing up to the dance with Liz only for Peter to outshine all of 'em when he shows up with MJ who floors everyone.

Think of it like SSM mixed with older JH films.

She looks a similar age to the rest of the cast to me

Wasn't sure why Zendaya had a thread and the actual love interest didn't so...

“One Life to Live” star Laura Harrier has landed a significant role in Sony and Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Jon Watts (“Cop Car”) is directing the new “Spider-Man,” which will star Tom Holland as the webslinger and Marisa Tomei as his Aunt May. Zendaya will co-star as a mysterious character named Michelle, while Michael Keaton is in talks to play a villain.

Representatives for Sony and Marvel declined to comment.

http://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-homecoming-casts-laura-harrier-from-one-life-to-live-exclusive/

tumblr_ohwjctOCZE1sc0ffqo1_540.gif

She's stunning. I've been wanting Liz Allan since the reboot was announced.

Was that our first look at Gwen Stacy ?

spider-man-homecoming-is-this-gwen-stacy-216891-640x320.png

Rumor has it she's playing Betty Brant, but we'll see.

A lot of people, including myself, believe she's playing Gwen now after seeing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"