Arrow Laurel is going to die

Mr. Dent

Superhero
Reaction score
Calling it now. The last person Slade will kill is Laurel. Her death flag has been raised subtly in a way, but they will subvert expectations because it's looking like she will join team Arrow when in reality she's getting too close to the sun and they will pull the rug right from under us.

Also the way they're freeing up Laurel of all faults and trying to make her super likable is suspect af.

If she dies, then I would call it that it may be from a shocking twist and it may be similar to Tommy's back in 1st season.

Sarah's role this season was to bring everyone back together. She fixed Laurel's drinking issues and brought her family closer, and helped Oliver. After this season, she's going to need a new function besides being a sidekick. She's too important to be a Felicity/ Diggle/ Roy-type sidekick.

If she dies look for Mirakuru or Lazarus pit. Her sister is Nyssas lover after all.

If Dinah Laurel gets revived through Lazarus Pit, I hope she produces the Canary Cry. :woot:

I think it's pretty clear at this point Slade's going after Laurel.I personally don't think he'll succeed,but I believe he's aware of Ollie's constantly looking at Laurel's picture on the island.So,she seems the logical candidate.

Is he? maybe I am not paying enough attention because I dont remember him looking at her picture at all. But if he is going after his most loved one, I dont know why it wouldn't have been Thea. He could have killed Laurel any time he wanted unless he wanted to drive her into his arms just to make it all the more painful again

I think it's pretty clear at this point Slade's going after Laurel.I personally don't think he'll succeed,but I believe he's aware of Ollie's constantly looking at Laurel's picture on the island.So,she seems the logical candidate.

On the other hand Rochev was expilicitly looking for Felicity...

Is he? maybe I am not paying enough attention because I dont remember him looking at her picture at all. But if he is going after his most loved one, I dont know why it wouldn't have been Thea. He could have killed Laurel any time he wanted unless he wanted to drive her into his arms just to make it all the more painful again

I think it was mostly in the first season,but Slade is aware of his feelings for Laurel from that picture.

Calling it now. The last person Slade will kill is Laurel. Her death flag has been raised subtly in a way, but they will subvert expectations because it's looking like she will join team Arrow when in reality she's getting too close to the sun and they will pull the rug right from under us.

Agreed.

Nah, Sara is going to die. They kept saying she's a hero, and as we all (including the writers) know you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Nope, Sara will be the one to die, her redemption is almost complete.

If Laurel dies, it will really be obvious. When Tommy died, I really didn't see it coming. I was more expecting him to turn to the dark side. His death was a complete surprise.

But if their plan is to kill Laurel, they are not being subtle about it in the slightest. With all the speeches, her super rushed road towards redemption and the writers doing their darnedest to make her likable in the last two Episodes, after dragging the character through the mud for the majority of the season.

But then again, it wouldn't be really surprising that they lack subtlety with Laurel. They've never been able to write the character properly. When they don't know what to do with the character, she barely contributes anything to the plot. When they finall have an idea, it feels like they are pushing the character front and center, yelling "Look! We are finally doing something worthwhile with her!"

Then again, maybe Cassidy is partial to blame for it too. Because she really delivers the drama, no matter what material she has. I found Rickards' speech, and her being at the verge of tears, a lot better acted than what Cassidy did the last two Episodes.

Another pointless thread since:

TVLINE | I was recently remarking to Caity Lotz how well she has been received by the viewers, which as we know is no easy feat with comic book enthusiasts. Does that make it all the more intimidating for you to take the baton as Black Canary, at some point down the road?

It’s definitely intimidating, because I want to make the fans happy. And because of the way that I am and the way that I study my craft, I will do a ton of research. I’ll read as many of the comics as I can, bone up on Black Canary…. Everybody has asked me if I have done that already, but I’m not Black Canary at this point, so no, I don’t want to get ahead of myself. I need to be true to the moment and what my character’s state of the mind is. So as soon as, and if, and when that happens, yes, I definitely will try to portray her in the best way possible.

TVLINE | Without revealing what it is, have the producers confided in you the longterm plan for Laurel? And is it something that has you excited?

Yes, yes, yes — they have. And no, I’m not telling!

http://tvline.com/2014/05/06/arrow-season-2-preview-katie-cassidy-laurel-oliver-canary-finale/

Arrow: Andrew Kreisberg Talks About The State Of Oliver & Laurel

Kreisberg appealed to the iconic comic book pairing as being like “Lois and Clark” – “they can break up, get together, sleep together, break up, get married, get divorced, she forgets him,” he points out… but he did admit that with the success of the show, “Lauriver” is one of those things that they can take their time on.

“Having Oliver and Laurel get together in Season 1 was what people needed then, but then they needed them to go on a break, so Oliver can have his storyline with Sara for this season, which is what felt right to us. He has women in his life. He has Laurel, he has Felicity… Helena’s doing a 10-to-20 stretch… so I think that Laurel will always be one of the closest people to him, whether that’s romantic or not,” Andrew continued.

Kreisberg is well aware that some fans have questioned decisions and the sanity of the folks bringing Arrow to life, and that inevitably, some fans will be upset, but there is a plan. “I think that a lot of the things that we have done, have been leading up to what we’re doing in the finale, and then moving that forward to Season 3,” he said.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-andrew-kreisberg-talks-about-the-state-of-oliver-laurel/16823

It reminds me of when haters predicted how Lois was going to die in Smallville, how all the "signs" were there and everything... :whatever:

Nope, Sara will be the one to die, her redemption is almost complete.

Yeah, she's a goner, not Laurel. She IS the one who Oliver saved over Shado, after all...

Yeah, she's a goner, not Laurel. She IS the one who Oliver saved over Shado, after all...

This.

Unless they have changed their minds do to her popularity as Canary.

They could have Sara leaving with Nyssa and the LOA as part of the deal (they help Team Arrow save the city in exchange of Sara going back to the LOA)... then Laurel starts training to continue the Canary legacy.

I love how some people are as convinced that it'll be Laurel as some are convinced it'll be Sara.:hehe:

I don't think either will die,but we'll soon find out.:woot:

Please lawd, don't kill Sara.

tumblr_n0ur9fI6751trn9rwo1_500.gif

When they say "signed for season 3" or "next season we'll see more about.." they are often lying. Similar things were said about Tommy last year.

I think if anyone dies it's Felicity. It's the one that would hurt Oliver the most and get the most emotion out of the audience. She's also the person Oliver loves the most, albeit not necessarily in a romantic way. He screwed around on Laurel a lot, Sara was on-off too. He's never waivered in his feelings for Felicity. Thea and Felicity are the two most important people to him.

Thea appears to be "safe" now as she survived about 3 threats to her life the last 3 weeks and is now going in a different direction with Malcolm. But that could be a swerve too.

Not many people saw Tommy coming. Laurel and Sara would be too obvious for these writers I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"