Sequels Lauren Donner said that she hopes for more sequels

heck yeh baby X

Civilian
Reaction score
If there are I can see how X3 would end with Phoenix sacrificing hrself and it would be her, scott, and Prof. X not dead but in the astral-plane and they would fight the Shadow King. This would be a great sequel of them finding their way back to the real world and by the time of X5, we would see the whole team together.

I could just see the title!!!

X4-X-Men in Limbo!!!!!

yeah that was huge, when she said she wants to do as many as they can

heck yeh baby X said:
If there are I can see how X3 would end with Phoenix sacrificing hrself and it would be her, scott, and Prof. X not dead but in the astral-plane and they would fight the Shadow King. This would be a great sequel of them finding their way back to the real world and by the time of X5, we would see the whole team together.

I could just see the title!!!

X4-X-Men in Limbo!!!!!
jean sacrificing herself...again..i would have no problem with that. but if the two huge rumored deaths are infact true (if you don't know you can find out in the spoiler sections), then NO MORE X-MEN. you cannot have X-Men without those two. Period. and i dont want them in the astral plane fighting Shadow King. these films should stay on Earth focusing human-mutant/ mutant-mutant relationships.

javi1024 said:
you cannot have X-Men without those two. Period.

Well, yes, you CAN have X-Men without these two. You may not want it, but it doesn't preclude the possibility of a further movie. After all, not everyone is dead. And not everyone has yet been included. The X-Men lore could continue, whether as X-Men or a spin-off such as X-Force or X-Factor. Many other characters deserve their big moment in the spotlight - Havok, Polaris, Bishop, Emma Frost, Sage, Psylocke.. The possibilities are endless, and do not end because two characters may be out of the picture.

Rather than taking such a purist attitude, why not be little more expansive and see that other stories are yet to be told, other characters yet to be showcased.

X-Maniac said:
Well, yes, you CAN have X-Men without these two. You may not want it, but it doesn't preclude the possibility of a further movie. After all, not everyone is dead. And not everyone has yet been included. The X-Men lore could continue, whether as X-Men or a spin-off such as X-Force or X-Factor. Many other characters deserve their big moment in the spotlight - Havok, Polaris, Bishop, Emma Frost, Sage, Psylocke.. The possibilities are endless, and do not end because two characters may be out of the picture.

Rather than taking such a purist attitude, why not be little more expansive and see that other stories are yet to be told, other characters yet to be showcased.
sure there are plenty of other stories and characters to explore but i think it makes less of an "X-men" team when you dont have its two leaders. i know they havent always been there in the comics, but as far as film goes it only feels like a true sequel when the key players stay in the mix throughout it all. and if u wanna argue that main characters do die in films- it always is at the end of the story.

but what i wouldnt mind happening is if later down the road (5-10 years) they make a new X-Men series with a new cast/characters/stories then they can do whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"