Laurence Fishburne IS Perry White in The Man of Steel

Maybe he got tired of the scheduling that comes with TV work and decided to go back to film.

Yeah, some actors adapt better to TV scheduling than others. And Fishburne has a solid film career, it´s not like he desperately needed the show.

This is great! Good news for the production. I wasn't really expecting a big name for this character.

Agreed that Fishburne would make a great Lex Luthor also.

Now how about Keanu Reeves as Lex?

All I can think about when I hear Keanu Reeves is this:

sad-keanu-reeves-1.jpg

Pictures-Keanu-Reeves-Eating-Cupcake.jpg

Epic-Keanu-bench1-600x403.jpg

It's hilariously depressing. :awesome::(

I have this image of Clark walking into Perry's office, and you just see Morpheus sitting there

"You are the One, Kent..." :hehe:

And what I think is interesting is, Perry wasn't created in the comics first, but for radio. So he might have been black then for all the listeners knew.

Oh so many Matrix related jokes coming to mind :p

I think I'll go with...

So Clark, you have a choice. You can either take the red pants, or the blue :p

Great casting. Lawrence will be an excellent Perry White. I can feel it in my bones.

Yeah, some actors adapt better to TV scheduling than others. And Fishburne has a solid film career, it´s not like he desperately needed the show.

Maybe he had bills to pay or was interested in buying something. A consistent paycheck is nice for an actor. It's why we see so many film actors turning to TV.

I also love when they mess around with comic accuracy in comic-book films and do it in a good way that feels cool and natural.

This feels awesome, I hope it will be too!

Lol. Hope you don't get in trouble.

Nah. I work for a newspaper, but my boss is nothing like Perry White.

God can you imagine what he'd do to a member of staff if he caught them joking around on the internet?

I wouldn't wanna mess with him, that's for sure :D

I love this casting just because how fresh it is. It's so easy to see him as White. Just an all around great idea into injecting some freshness into this franchise.

He'd make a better Lex but that would've created a s--t storm.

Nah. I work for a newspaper, but my boss is nothing like Perry White.

God can you imagine what he'd do to a member of staff if he caught them joking around on the internet?

I wouldn't wanna mess with him, that's for sure :D

Lol. Be careful then. You could always say its for research.

Oh so many Matrix related jokes coming to mind :p

I think I'll go with...

So Clark, you have a choice. You can either take the red pants, or the blue :p

Imagine Perry on the Daily Planet rooftop, trying to teach Clark how to fly. Or he gets in a tiff with Lois
"C'mon, stop trying to slap me and slap me!" :lmao:

GET READY FOR THE next REBOOT! :wall:

ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW WELL THIS WENT OVER??

www2.jpg

I just wanna parrot that this is awesome, and am super, SUPER pleased not to see a bunch of 'why not a white actor' posts.

My faith in this movie has just skyrocketed.

GET READY FOR THE next REBOOT! :wall:

ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW WELL THIS WENT OVER??

www2.jpg

Wow, an excellent post. If I were more clever I would do one of two things:

1) Turn this into a Jon Peters joke (The creator of the WWW reboot), perhaps as simple as posting Kevin Smith's rant on the Superman movie that never saw the light of day, "Thanagarian Snare Beast" and all

OR

2) Point out how Will Smith chose that particular movie over the role of Neo in the Matrix, an unproven concept, which is why Val Kilmer was replaced with Lawrence Fishburne, making the movie, in a word, awesomer than any one-shot Smith vehicle.

Either way, using Will Smith in the Wild Wild West as a counterpoint to Fishburne in a Superman movie is just too much irony for whatever point you're trying to make to come through.

edit:

oh, in case you don't know the deal, edutainment with curse words below:
[YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk[/YT]

Last edited:
Damn....this is one of those casting choices I never would have thought of in a million years, but I liked the instant I read it. He'll put an excellent spin on the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"