Laurence Fishburne IS Perry White in The Man of Steel

i remember commenting that making either Jimmy or Perry black would make the movie feel more contemporary/modern. looks like the casting director feels the same.

i remember commenting that making either Jimmy or Perry black would make the movie feel more contemporary/modern. looks like the casting director feels the same.

It was a great choice if it had to be an African American actor. I think Laurence Fishburne can really make something of this role. Sort of like Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin, even though they are totally opposite characters.

I absolutely love Fishburne, but what weird casting.

Can't say I'm happy with this. I like Fishburne (well I don't hate him) but I woud've preferred a more "comic accurate" (i.e. teh white) actor for the role. Oh well, this and the Amy Adams casting won't ruin the awesomenes of the overall cast. I'm sure both will be fine in their respective roles.

Totally not what I was expecting, but I love it.

Can't say I'm happy with this. I like Fishburne (well I don't hate him) but I woud've preferred a more "comic accurate" (i.e. teh white) actor for the role. Oh well, this and the Amy Adams casting won't ruin the awesomenes of the overall cast. I'm sure both will be fine in their respective roles.

We've had that for the last 5 Superman films. It's time to shake things up a bit. Give this reboot it's own identity.

The Superman comic was created during a time of massive racism. Name me a major character in Superman that is a minority? I love this casting because it reflects the more modern era we live in. Back in Superman's creation black men weren't Editor-in-chief of major newspapers. Now they are.

Love.It.

I love this move. Outside the box. If you could pick any African American actor who could take on Perry White, this would be the guy, nevermind that...any actor. Excited about seeing him rip up shop at the Daily Planet.

I fully support this casting! Even though I Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be cast but Fishbourne is very good

We've had that for the last 5 Superman films. It's time to shake things up a bit. Give this reboot it's own identity.

Since you put it like that. hmm.

I'm obviously expecting actors to look like the comic characters they're going to portray. It really has nothing to do with Fishburne being Black, I dont mind. But I just dont see any PW qualities in him. But we've all different kinds of Perry in live action stuff, and not one of them has ever been like Perry from the comics, so I guess its just the trend.

Surprisingly, I can easily see Fishburne as Perry, much more so, than Amy Adams as Lois.

The Fish is gonna boss Supes around.

awww I wanted michael keaton

fishburne is a strange choice

I hope they write the part well

i can dig it. and Donald Glover actually sounds great as jimmy olsen, i would love to see that.

I love this move. Outside the box. If you could pick any African American actor who could take on Perry White, this would be the guy, nevermind that...any actor. Excited about seeing him rip up shop at the Daily Planet.

This. I think Fishbourne's scenes with Cavill and Adams will be explosively awesome, especially since Lois and Perry do butt heads from time to time.

The Brothers Warner have been trying to inject an African American actor into a major role in Superman for years. I think they have finally scored on this front.

What? Lawrence Fishburne is black? :eek:

haha, no serious after all the Kingpin and Heimdall complaints those castings recieved I expected this thread to be 30 pages by now.

It seems like a strange choice for Perry but Fishburne is quality, he'll deliver. The whole cast is amazing.

But now I want Michael Keaton in this movie as well.

This. I think Fishbourne's scenes with Cavill and Adams will be explosively awesome, especially since Lois and Perry do butt heads from time to time.

I agree. Whats interesting to think about is the lawsuit. Again, I don't know if it effects this movie if at all, it doesn't seem like it. However, the families have the rights to "Gruff Editor" of the Daily Planet, but WB/DC has the rights to the name Perry White. A calm African-American Perry White?

I can understand wanting comic accuracy as far as certain character races go, but Perry White is one of those characters where it doesnt really matter.

I like this casting. I wonder if his Perry will be more subdued or if hell be more the in-your-face type.

I agree. Whats interesting to think about is the lawsuit. Again, I don't know if it effects this movie if at all, it doesn't seem like it. However, the families have the rights to "Gruff Editor" of the Daily Planet, but WB/DC has the rights to the name Perry White. A calm African-American Perry White?

Ha! Thats the thing I was thinking. Fishburne is too much of a nice guy and calm for Perry.

But I guess the loud mouth and screeching Perry would look slightly unrealistic.

And Kal-El will be from Crypton instead of Krypton. It would be hilarious to see WB attempt to work their away around every legal issue with things like that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Fishburne and Amy Adams butt heads. That's two actors I never even realized I wanted to see working together until learning that they will. Now I can't wait. They have such opposing energies, it should be great.

Love it. Now bring on the Jimmy and Lex casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"