Laurence Fishburne IS Perry White in The Man of Steel

I agree. Whats interesting to think about is the lawsuit. Again, I don't know if it effects this movie if at all, it doesn't seem like it. However, the families have the rights to "Gruff Editor" of the Daily Planet, but WB/DC has the rights to the name Perry White. A calm African-American Perry White?

That is so...weird.

And Kal-El will be from Crypton instead of Krypton. It would be hilarious to see WB attempt to work their away around every legal issue with things like that.

Might as well be called Crapton and be done with it :lmao:

I LOVE the choice for Perry, but it just made me giggle a bit inside when I read an African-American actor would be up for playing a guy with the last name of White, lol.

AWESOME!

All these cast are perfect!

Ha! Thats the thing I was thinking. Fishburne is too much of a nice guy and calm for Perry.

But I guess the loud mouth and screeching Perry would look slightly unrealistic.

I think he might bring that quiet integrity to the character so when he does explode it will come like a volcano instead of a thunderstorm.

And Kal-El will be from Crypton instead of Krypton. It would be hilarious to see WB attempt to work their away around every legal issue with things like that.

Cav-El From Crypton. Son Of Jor-Hell & Lauren. Lands in Smallchester on the Kemps farm. Falls for Luna Lung and eventually Lisa Lame. Works at the Nightly Globe in Cityopolis under Harry Black with photographer Timmy Folsom. His nemesis Len Lather wants to control the city and seeks the help of Sergeant Doz, Heartiac, and Concretallo.

Do guys think we'll get other Planet staffers like Steve Lombard, Cat Grant, and Ron Troupe.

looking at the morpheus pic... and thought, hey there's lex

Will they worship Mr. Hanky?

Possibly :hehe:

If WB really are trying to work past the legal issues, I can see them pulling a Batman 1989 scene on us. Where Vicki asks Bruce what he does for a living, and just as he's about to say, Alfred interupts him.

"So Clark, what is your planet called, and your parents names?"
"Well, my planet is called...whats that Shelby? Little Jimmy's stuck down the well? Gotta fly, or leap" :lmao:

Very cool news. I could see him playing the character a few different ways.

I agree. Whats interesting to think about is the lawsuit. Again, I don't know if it effects this movie if at all, it doesn't seem like it. However, the families have the rights to "Gruff Editor" of the Daily Planet, but WB/DC has the rights to the name Perry White. A calm African-American Perry White?

Snyder was asked if the lawsuit would influence the story, to which Snyder answered that it wouldn't. if the lawsuit doesn't effect the story i can't imagine that it would effect anything else...

Holy crap that's pure genius. This is a NEW Superman!

The comments from comic book movies dot com are funny, ignorant and stereotypical.

This is awesome casting, IMO. He's a great actor, I can't wait to see him as Perry White. :D

Morpheus vs Superman? :awesome:

I really think he'll do a great job. Better than Langella, at least. I found Langella incredibly boring. Then again, so was everything else in SR, so it's probably not all his fault.

Snyder was asked if the lawsuit would influence the story, to which Snyder answered that it wouldn't. if the lawsuit doesn't effect the story i can't imagine that it would effect anything else...

As I said, it doesn't seem like the lawsuit is effecting the story...

I was speculating for fun...

Wouldn't be the first time a director either didn't know what he was talking about regarding legal issues (he's not lawyer) or lied for the fun of it...

This is truly great casting. Imagine Fishburne stone faced in front of Kent at some line. That could be hilarious.

Can't say I'm happy with this. I like Fishburne (well I don't hate him) but I woud've preferred a more "comic accurate" (i.e. teh white) actor for the role. Oh well, this and the Amy Adams casting won't ruin the awesomenes of the overall cast. I'm sure both will be fine in their respective roles.
I couldn't disagree more. If they make this a carbon copy comic book movie, it will fail miserably. It's gotta to be fresh and new, but still come off familiar. No cheesy cigar smoking grouchy editors. No bow-tie wearing photographers. The movie needs to be full of realistic characters portrayed by top flight actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"