Laurence Fishburne IS Perry White in The Man of Steel

Another solid casting choice, I can't wait for this film.

Ha! Thats the thing I was thinking. Fishburne is too much of a nice guy and calm for Perry.

Well, that oscar nomination some people have been mentioning was for playing Ike Turner...

Perry's gonna make Lois eat the cake.

before he sends Lois and Clark on an assignment, will Perry tell them to "believe"??

Cuz Supes isn't an old man with a beer gut?

While I think he's a great actor and will probably ace the role, I'm a little suprised they didn't go for a white actor.

Oh well. Makes a change.

Not sure if I dig this. I've been into every casting thus far.

Langella was inspired, and I don't get that same feeling here. We'll see.

I know he will do great but I honestly would have preferred a white actor. I also don't see him as Perry White. I'm not racist that's just how I see this situation.

Langella was wasted on SR. :o

Langella's Perry was alot of things, but I don't think inspired was one of them.

Singer decided to basically rework Perry's character completely even though it was a vague sequel. Langella didn't have much to do.

Wow this is movie's cast is phenomenal. Amazing choice for White

Singer decided to basically rework Perry's character completely even though it was a vague sequel. Langella didn't have much to do.

Yep.

I blame Singer and the script, but Langella in SR was not inspired IMO.

It was Langella's idea to rework Perry's character and play him as the strong, silent type:

"With Bryan's blessing, my Perry White will be very different than the previous ones," said Langella.

"I couldn't play a small man who barks out orders while he's chomping on his cigar. It's physically wrong for me. I play Perry as the strong, quiet type."

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/89769-frank-langella-on-playing-perry-white

Fishburne was actually an actor thsat i thought of as perry the last time i watched m:i3. Great casting!

Now just give me anton yelchin as jimmy olsen and jason isaacs as lex luthor!

Yep.

I blame Singer and the script, but Langella in SR was not inspired IMO.

Langella's still a great actor but either way he was a last minute replacement for Hugh Laurie.

That's who the role was originally meant for. Laurie was definitely inspired casting.

What type of Perry do you think Fishburne will play?

I agree. Whats interesting to think about is the lawsuit. Again, I don't know if it effects this movie if at all, it doesn't seem like it. However, the families have the rights to "Gruff Editor" of the Daily Planet, but WB/DC has the rights to the name Perry White. A calm African-American Perry White?

Basically who the families have the rights to is George Taylor, Editor of the Metropolis Daily Star.

Do guys think we'll get other Planet staffers like Steve Lombard, Cat Grant, and Ron Troupe.

All of them, I hope. They all serve a good purpose, even though they'll be small parts.

I couldn't disagree more. If they make this a carbon copy comic book movie, it will fail miserably. It's gotta to be fresh and new, but still come off familiar. No cheesy cigar smoking grouchy editors. No bow-tie wearing photographers. The movie needs to be full of realistic characters portrayed by top flight actors.

They can be themselves and still be realistic.

His casting was inspired but his performance was not.

I think Fishburne will be fine.

Nice!

You think that's news you're reading?

They have such opposing energies, it should be great.

Oh definitely. If Amy carries that cute perkiness over to Lois (or if Lois is more tailored like her Fighter role) -- mix it with Fishburne's quiet but volatile energy and you'd get some GREAT conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"