• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lee Bermejo and Brian Azzarello's Joker Graphic Novel

Am I the only one not seeing any pictures in this thread?

DarkKnight15 posted that Amazon preorder link a few posts above. Says sometime in October. There are rumours it might come out closer to the film The Dark Knight.

I like the title of it, "The Joker: Dark Knight". Nice companion piece to "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel".

this is truly badass, if it's like his joker art... oh yeah

I like the title of it, "The Joker: Dark Knight". Nice companion piece to "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel".

i didn't make that connection til you pointed it out... good point.
also... lex luthor man of steel = excellent

Knowing Azzerello's past work and Lee's art, where in for a very exciting ride!

has anyone seen this yet
51l2BlsHAxML__SS500_.jpg

i just saw it on amazon - its a pretty kickass cover

I'm very happy about this - I'm a big fan of Bermejo's stuff, so - I'll be picking this up as soon as it hits the shelves.

Lee Bermejo said:
"One of the points of the story is that the guy’s ugly outside and in, so I just scarred him up. After I established the smile I wanted to reinforce the fact that the guy was probably not attractive even before the Chelsea grin so I gave him bad skin and of course the big, beak nose. The hair, posture and attitude is just a twisted, drugged-out version of Christopher Walken.”

So Bermejo is now telling me that I have bad taste in men? :csad:

HARLEY QUINN
“Visually, I threw her in a vinyl outfit and made her look as much like a junkie as possible. Harley Quinn is like a stripper to me. I don’t want to know her name, I don’t want to hear about her life, and I sure as hell don’t want her to talk. Just dance, baby…”

this made me lol

Scanned this from DC's 08 GN Preview Catalogue, figured you guys would be interested-

picture070.jpg

^thats cool...the coloring isnt that impressive...ice seen better here on the Hype

man...lol i hope it looks better in person i LOVE Bermejo

Colors looks the same as in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. :shrug:

I like em.

I'm interested. That art is pretty sick.

Does anyone know if these panels are from his book to;

bermejovo0.jpg

bermejojokerwa6.jpg

Joker looks pretty creepy there. :o I guess the art is just pretty dark since the sun is going down, i don't see anything wrong with it, i like it alot actually. :-)

I love the art, I am not a fan of the ugly joker though. It fits with his interpretation perfectly though

Scanned this from DC's 08 GN Preview Catalogue, figured you guys would be interested-

picture070.jpg
AWESOME! I hadn't seen this yet.

Carmine Falcone said:
Does anyone know if these panels are from his book to;

Yeah, those show up in the book. The Harley one for sure.

That art is amazing! I especially love the pic of Joker walking out of Arkham, can't wait to see it coloured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"