Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Thread Manager, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]503097[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]494627[/split]

3. Osiris-Rex

Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Too bad Fox has the exclusive right to the Bat characters for Gotham. I would love to see Catwoman show up on one of these shows.

Last edited by moderator Morg: Oct 16, 2016
  4. LoganGambit87

LoganGambit87 Well-Known Member

from upcoming episode : Shogun
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  5. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Last night's season premiere drew 1.84 million viewers. Despite heavy competition from NFL, it wasn't a good idea to start with a narrative timejump.

6. batdude

batdude Well-Known Member

Yeah, if it was just football/baseball competition I wouldn't be worried. I know about the crossover, but I wish either just The Flash or Supergirl could guest star and we could get this show more attention. I'm really afraid it's going to be cancelled just when it is getting good.

7. Osiris-Rex

Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

And only a 0.6 in the ratings. Supernatural went up to a 0.8 in the hour after.

So now we have the ratings for all the superhero shows this week.
    #1 tie, Gotham, Supergirl, Flash, 1.1
    #4 Agents of SHIELD, 0.9
    #5 Arrow, 0.7
    #6 Legends of Tomorrow, 0.6

Viewers:
    #1 Gotham, 3.42 million
    #2 Supergirl, 3.06 million
    #3 The Flash, 2.80 million
    #4 Agents of SHIELD, 2.68 million
    #5 Arrow, 1.94 million
    #6, Legends of Tomorrow, 1.84 million

8. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to see if Supergirl's ratings hold once depending on whether it's premiere numbers were partially because of it premiering on the CW or Superman's first full TV appearance in awhile.

9. vantheman77

Superman, Batman, and Flash are among the well-known superhero brands.

Cool to see Supergirl, Gotham, and Flash being tied on the ratings. Gotham's viewership has gone down a lot.

10. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

Considering both Frequency and No Tomorrow are essentially dead on arrival, I don't think Legends is in any trouble. Greg Berlanti and company have major pull with CW -- Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Vixen, and the upcoming Riverdale and Freedom Fighters: The Ray are all Berlanti productions.

Vampire Diaries is ending this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Originals go with it. The 100 is also expendable, but it could get another season.

Flash will definitely be back, Arrow will definitely be back, Supergirl will definitely be back, Supernatural will keep getting renewed as long as the two leads want it to.

iZombie and Jane the Virgin are almost surely coming back. They didn't get full season orders so it's not 100% but it's extremely unlikely either is getting cancelled after 3 seasons.

11. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

Don't forget Lucifer:
    1.0 rating, 3.667 million

It's technically not a super hero show, but then neither are Gotham or SHIELD. They're all comic book shows and they're all about crime fighting in some way or another, though, so I think it's valid to compare them.

Same with iZombie when it returns, though it will almost definitely do the lowest ratings of any of them.

12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Monkey Business

13. vantheman77

Original Atom Al Pratt was a part of the JSA. I wonder if Ray Palmer will join the JSA eventually as their Atom.

14. dsfjr1190

dsfjr1190 Well-Known Member

Although LoT's ratings are low, they are still higher than both of the CW's new Fall shows. Frequency and No Tomorrow outright bombed, and haven't recieved any of the critical acclaim that partly kept Crazy Ex-Girlfriend alive. As long as LoT remains higher than those two shows it should be safe.

There's also no guarantee that Riverdale will be a success in mid-season. I'm rooting for it, but don't want to get my hopes up. I expect iZombie and The 100 to premiere lower also.

The Vampire Diaries is on its final year and The Originals and Reign probably are too.

The CW has more to worry about than Legends. If it falls to a .4 then it would be time to worry.

My predictions:
    Supergirl: RENEWED
    Jane the Virgin: RENEWED
    The Flash: RENEWED
    No Tomorrow: CANCELLED
    Arrow: RENEWED
    Frequency: CANCELLED
    Legends of Tomorrow: RENEWED
    Supernatural: RENEWED
    The Vampire Diaries: ENDED
    The Originals: CANCELLED
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: RENEWED
    iZombie: RENEWED
    Riverdale: RENEWED
    The 100: RENEWED

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  15. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It's a bird! It's a plane? It's Citizen Steel......
    [​IMG]

16. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Solid start to the new season, Sara easily the highlight of the 1st ep. I get the view that the JSA look like cosplayers but I think the very bright look of the costume's reflect the era they are from.

Is that who the historian becomes?

17. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Yep. We'll meet his grandfather next week.

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Monkey Business

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-crossover-will-be-five-episodes-long

19. vantheman77

Five part is not true. It's still four parts.

20. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Well-Known Member

So we are a few episodes in and I am still not loving the show as much as I want to. A few things...

-Firestorm can do so much more than fly and shoot fireballs. Show it!

-Please stop using Atom as Iron Man and more like Atom.

-Is it me or is the Waverider getting larger inside?

Finally, I stick by my original thoughts from last year. Legends should not be a time-travel show. It should be more in the vein of Brave and the Bold. Where each episode or two be a team up with various heroes. One episode could be Flash & Vixen. Another could even be Supergirl and Black Canary. The combinations are almost endless. You could bring in characters not seen in the show.

21. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Although some have compared this series to Doctor Who, I think it's actually more like a different vintage British TV series: Blake's Seven (created by Terry Nation, who created the Daleks for Dr Who).

For those of you who don't remember, it was about a group of rag-tag freedom fighters, all with opposing personalities (some of whom are ex-convicts), who traveled across the galaxy in a space ship which had a talking computer which was a character in its own right. The leader of the team mysteriously vanished part way through the series and leadership was taken over by another member of the team who was morally ambiguous and an ex-criminal, much like what has happened with Rip and Sara. The team's composition also changed over the course of the series, much like the Legends.

In fact, now that I've written that, it seems exactly like Blake's Seven. The only difference is the time travel aspect.

22. KeystoneKC

KeystoneKC Member

That's been my biggest complaint with that character since they introduced him on Arrow. They set him up as a poor-man's Iron Man rather than being The Atom.

23. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Well-Known Member

I think the biggest problem. Is that when they were bringing him to "Arrow" he originally was going to be Ted Kord (aka Blue Beetle) who is a billionaire who using his gadgets. But, Warner prevented them from using him. So they went with Ray (Atom). Changing Ray Palmer from a teacher to a billionaire. But, still keeping his gadgets more Blue Beetle than Atom.

24. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I wish that they would at least build Ray up where he could co-lead the group alongside Sara somewhere down the line.

25. NiallC

NiallC Well-Known Member

This show has no limitations though. They could easily have it where Ray gets caught in an accident that combines Ray with his technology that gives him his powers, like the Rogues in New 52 Flash. That way we could get him in a slimmer suit that is much more comic accurate and if they really care, and to make him different from Ant-Man, give him his laser blaster things on his wrists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.