Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Fox has the exclusive right to the Bat characters for Gotham. I would love to see Catwoman show up on one of these shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
from upcoming episode : Shogun
LGN203b_0293b.jpg

CuvxUlKUkAA514r.jpg

LGN203b_0069b.jpg

LGN203a_0166b.jpg

LGN203b_0337b.jpg

Last edited:
Last night's season premiere drew 1.84 million viewers. Despite heavy competition from NFL, it wasn't a good idea to start with a narrative timejump.

Yeah, if it was just football/baseball competition I wouldn't be worried. I know about the crossover, but I wish either just The Flash or Supergirl could guest star and we could get this show more attention. I'm really afraid it's going to be cancelled just when it is getting good.

Last night's season premiere drew 1.84 million viewers. Despite heavy competition from NFL, it wasn't a good idea to start with a narrative timejump.

And only a 0.6 in the ratings. Supernatural went up to a 0.8 in the hour after.

So now we have the ratings for all the superhero shows this week.
#1 tie, Gotham, Supergirl, Flash, 1.1
#4 Agents of SHIELD, 0.9
#5 Arrow, 0.7
#6 Legends of Tomorrow, 0.6

Viewers:
#1 Gotham, 3.42 million
#2 Supergirl, 3.06 million
#3 The Flash, 2.80 million
#4 Agents of SHIELD, 2.68 million
#5 Arrow, 1.94 million
#6, Legends of Tomorrow, 1.84 million

I'd be interested to see if Supergirl's ratings hold once depending on whether it's premiere numbers were partially because of it premiering on the CW or Superman's first full TV appearance in awhile.

#4 Agents of SHIELD, 0.9
#5 Arrow, 0.7

Viewers:
#1 Gotham, 3.42 million
#5 Arrow, 1.94 million

Superman, Batman, and Flash are among the well-known superhero brands.

Cool to see Supergirl, Gotham, and Flash being tied on the ratings. Gotham's viewership has gone down a lot.

Yeah, if it was just football/baseball competition I wouldn't be worried. I know about the crossover, but I wish either just The Flash or Supergirl could guest star and we could get this show more attention. I'm really afraid it's going to be cancelled just when it is getting good.
Considering both Frequency and No Tomorrow are essentially dead on arrival, I don't think Legends is in any trouble. Greg Berlanti and company have major pull with CW -- Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Vixen, and the upcoming Riverdale and Freedom Fighters: The Ray are all Berlanti productions.

Vampire Diaries is ending this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Originals go with it. The 100 is also expendable, but it could get another season.

Flash will definitely be back, Arrow will definitely be back, Supergirl will definitely be back, Supernatural will keep getting renewed as long as the two leads want it to.

iZombie and Jane the Virgin are almost surely coming back. They didn't get full season orders so it's not 100% but it's extremely unlikely either is getting cancelled after 3 seasons.

#4 Agents of SHIELD, 0.9
#5 Arrow, 0.7

Viewers:
#1 Gotham, 3.42 million
#5 Arrow, 1.94 million

Don't forget Lucifer:
1.0 rating, 3.667 million

It's technically not a super hero show, but then neither are Gotham or SHIELD. They're all comic book shows and they're all about crime fighting in some way or another, though, so I think it's valid to compare them.

Same with iZombie when it returns, though it will almost definitely do the lowest ratings of any of them.

Original Atom Al Pratt was a part of the JSA. I wonder if Ray Palmer will join the JSA eventually as their Atom.

Although LoT's ratings are low, they are still higher than both of the CW's new Fall shows. Frequency and No Tomorrow outright bombed, and haven't recieved any of the critical acclaim that partly kept Crazy Ex-Girlfriend alive. As long as LoT remains higher than those two shows it should be safe.

There's also no guarantee that Riverdale will be a success in mid-season. I'm rooting for it, but don't want to get my hopes up. I expect iZombie and The 100 to premiere lower also.

The Vampire Diaries is on its final year and The Originals and Reign probably are too.

The CW has more to worry about than Legends. If it falls to a .4 then it would be time to worry.

My predictions:
Supergirl: RENEWED
Jane the Virgin: RENEWED
The Flash: RENEWED
No Tomorrow: CANCELLED
Arrow: RENEWED
Frequency: CANCELLED
Legends of Tomorrow: RENEWED
Supernatural: RENEWED
The Vampire Diaries: ENDED
The Originals: CANCELLED
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: RENEWED
iZombie: RENEWED
Riverdale: RENEWED
The 100: RENEWED

Last edited:
It's a bird! It's a plane? It's Citizen Steel......
0c6f79753f01e850f8433a8c73f0836b

Solid start to the new season, Sara easily the highlight of the 1st ep. I get the view that the JSA look like cosplayers but I think the very bright look of the costume's reflect the era they are from.

It's a bird! It's a plane? It's Citizen Steel......
0c6f79753f01e850f8433a8c73f0836b

Is that who the historian becomes?

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-crossover-will-be-five-episodes-long

It's learned the upcoming big CW DC crossover featuring Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and DC's Legends of Tomorrow will be five episodes long.

Stephen Amell posted a Facebook Live video where he spoke about filming.

"Hey, Facebook! What is happening!" Amell said. "I am back after five weeks of crossover craziness that consisted of five different episodes of television. Not five different shows, but five different episodes of television being filmed simultaneously."

Five part is not true. It's still four parts.

So we are a few episodes in and I am still not loving the show as much as I want to. A few things...

-Firestorm can do so much more than fly and shoot fireballs. Show it!

-Please stop using Atom as Iron Man and more like Atom.

-Is it me or is the Waverider getting larger inside?

Finally, I stick by my original thoughts from last year. Legends should not be a time-travel show. It should be more in the vein of Brave and the Bold. Where each episode or two be a team up with various heroes. One episode could be Flash & Vixen. Another could even be Supergirl and Black Canary. The combinations are almost endless. You could bring in characters not seen in the show.

Although some have compared this series to Doctor Who, I think it's actually more like a different vintage British TV series: Blake's Seven (created by Terry Nation, who created the Daleks for Dr Who).

For those of you who don't remember, it was about a group of rag-tag freedom fighters, all with opposing personalities (some of whom are ex-convicts), who traveled across the galaxy in a space ship which had a talking computer which was a character in its own right. The leader of the team mysteriously vanished part way through the series and leadership was taken over by another member of the team who was morally ambiguous and an ex-criminal, much like what has happened with Rip and Sara. The team's composition also changed over the course of the series, much like the Legends.

In fact, now that I've written that, it seems exactly like Blake's Seven. The only difference is the time travel aspect.

So we are a few episodes in and I am still not loving the show as much as I want to. A few things...
-Please stop using Atom as Iron Man and more like Atom...

That's been my biggest complaint with that character since they introduced him on Arrow. They set him up as a poor-man's Iron Man rather than being The Atom.

That's been my biggest complaint with that character since they introduced him on Arrow. They set him up as a poor-man's Iron Man rather than being The Atom.

I think the biggest problem. Is that when they were bringing him to "Arrow" he originally was going to be Ted Kord (aka Blue Beetle) who is a billionaire who using his gadgets. But, Warner prevented them from using him. So they went with Ray (Atom). Changing Ray Palmer from a teacher to a billionaire. But, still keeping his gadgets more Blue Beetle than Atom.

I wish that they would at least build Ray up where he could co-lead the group alongside Sara somewhere down the line.

This show has no limitations though. They could easily have it where Ray gets caught in an accident that combines Ray with his technology that gives him his powers, like the Rogues in New 52 Flash. That way we could get him in a slimmer suit that is much more comic accurate and if they really care, and to make him different from Ant-Man, give him his laser blaster things on his wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"