Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you all feel if they had some of DC comics cosmic characters guest star ? The likes of Adam Strange , REBELS, Captain Comet, Lobo, Space Canbie , etc

Am I the only one not a fan of the idea of Sara being presented as the kind of person that just randomly sleeps around with any attractive woman she meets?lol

I'm actually more surprised that they haven't given either Ray or Jefferson any love interests in this season as of yet.

Am I the only one not a fan of the idea of Sara being presented as the kind of person that just randomly sleeps around with any attractive woman she meets?lol

I'm actually more surprised that they haven't given either Ray or Jefferson any love interests in this season as of yet.
they did that with Ray last season and they tried with jefferson. we'll see if they try again. But truth be told their idea of romance is fleeting with the e exception sara's one night stands.

And that's most likely the only healthy relation ship they will do with all of them and hopefully minus stein. that won't turn people off eventually. I think you gonna have to expect for. With out it turning into what you saw in arrow in season's 3&4.

And that's if they aren't concentrating on those characters like mister terrific's Kurtis's marriage cause it's semi in the back ground.

When are they going to address the glaring issue of keeping Amaya out of her time? Not only is she risking the issue of Mari not being born but is risking the totem never even finding its way to Mari.
A bigger glaring issue is that Vixen is terrible in the show

No, you are not. I may have joked with the question, but I would much rather she settle into a committed relationship rather than momentary flings. I'm glad actually that they've put her attention more on her sister and holding off her revenge as well as trying to lead the Legends rather than keep hitting the playgirl routine.

No, you are not. I may have joked with the question, but I would much rather she settle into a committed relationship rather than momentary flings. I'm glad actually that they've put her attention more on her sister and holding off her revenge as well as trying to lead the Legends rather than keep hitting the playgirl routine.
well I'm pretty sure cause of her unknowingly setting darhk on new path with telling him his future .

it'll be thee very cause of Laurels come back.

It can't all be cause of flash point. lol and even though she's getting what she wanted. it''ll teach her not dump on some one like she did to Barry during the H.V.A event , when she's no better & was trying purposefully to do and still did so regardless and she better take notice of it.

Sounds to me like people may not enjoy LOT, due to an overly elevated level of expectations.

As for me, I like LOT a lot.

It doesn't take itself seriously at all, the characters have good chemistry and let's face it, they're nobody's favourite superheroes/villains, so we don't have to get too invested in them.

The show is basically about following them as they bounce around through time, not really making that much sense and occasionally running into really bad CGI (like the super-Nazi ) but who cares ?

I just accept the show for what it is - kind of an extended Brave and the Bold episode, without Batman - but boy is it fun. Cheesy fun, to be sure, but fun nonetheless.

The guys running the show realise that none of the characters, or actors could carry a leading role (Caity Lotz is close, sometimes, but the others, nah). They're a team of supporting character actors, which is why they stay a team - that way nobody can take too much of the spotlight and instead it gets shared around. And that's precisely why the show works.

The best thing about the show currently is Dominic Purcell, who makes a C-list Flash villain enormously entertaining. When he and Wentworth Miller are on camera together, it's magic.

All in all, for good ol' turn your brain off superhero fun, I'll take LOT any day.

LoT is pretty good. Last season stunk and it stunk because the hawks were just plain dumb and there story arc dominated season 1. Season 2 is already a lot better with reverse flash and dahrk building the legion of doom. Very fun show this season

Given on how Thawne's main objective seems to surround over the "Spear of Destiny", do you guys think that we'll actually see the legends go back into Biblical times? Or will the show follow down a similar route that "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" did by just having the two groups visit several historic moments post Cross moment of trying to trace as to where the spear may have been passed to down the ages?

Given on how Thawne's main objective seems to surround over the "Spear of Destiny", do you guys think that we'll actually see the legends go back into Biblical times? Or will the show follow down a similar route that "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" did by just having the two groups visit several historic moments post Cross moment of trying to trace as to where the spear may have been passed to down the ages?
I don't see them going to biblical time's cause I'm sure sara will find that period annoying . and that's if she escapes being stoned ughhh . nah I don't really see them visiting it. there are other way's time travel wise to find the spear of destiny in more modern periods I'm sure .

Probably, yeah.

I love that about her, actually. I wish they'd open it up a bit more though. They seem to have erased her Bisexuality a bit. She seemed to have a bit of a spark with Snart, but they shut that down pretty quick.

I think of her like Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who. She's not a "goody-goody" type hero. she's certainly flawed, so sleeping around with whoever strikes her fancy seems to further that characterization.

In a universe where people are moping around about crappy stuff all the time, it's nice to see someone just having fun.

I like it for the most part.

It's definitely got some cheesy time travel elements to it. But I enjoy seeing characters I like in bizarre situations, like going to Feudal Japan or The Revolutionary War + Zombies. It's ridiculous in nature, but fun because of that.

Could it be better written? Absolutely.
But it could be worse. It could be Arrow season 4.

I like it for the most part.

It's definitely got some cheesy time travel elements to it. But I enjoy seeing characters I like in bizarre situations, like going to Feudal Japan or The Revolutionary War + Zombies. It's ridiculous in nature, but fun because of that.

Could it be better written? Absolutely.
But it could be worse. It could be Arrow season 4.

The second half of Arrow season 4 is the standard by which all bad superhero TV is measured. Even the worst episode of Gotham was better than any of those episode.

The second half of Arrow season 4 is the standard by which all bad superhero TV is measured. Even the worst episode of Gotham was better than any of those episode.

Arrow seems like they back themselves into a corner and can't get out without doing something completely out of left field because they had no other choice

I think legends needs to stop having team members getting captured so often.

Last edited:
No overly high expectations here, I just expect at least some quality non-idiotic and consistent writing, which this show does not have.

No overly high expectations here, I just expect at least some quality non-idiotic and consistent writing, which this show does not have.

Well, you're not wrong about the writing - I just overlook that because the characters are very entertaining. Maybe I have incredibly low expectations when it comes to superhero tv shows - I really don't care if they make sense (although its a bonus when they do), so long as the characters are enjoyable (which is the problem with the last 2 DC films, but let's not go there, as there are plenty of threads for that).

I guess LOT is sort of like a mashup between Dr Who and the A-Team (with about the same level of writing as A-Team episodes - loud, dumb, but fun).

What carries those shows is the characters (I mean, if you read some of the Dr Who plots they're convoluted, but the actors make it watchable - like the one where Dr Who is trapped in a loop for 4 billion years ? Come on. But Peter Capaldi sold it brilliantly, and it might have been his best episode ever).

Cheers. And Merry Xmas all !

Well, you're not wrong about the writing - I just overlook that because the characters are very entertaining. Maybe I have incredibly low expectations when it comes to superhero tv shows - I really don't care if they make sense (although its a bonus when they do), so long as the characters are enjoyable (which is the problem with the last 2 DC films, but let's not go there, as there are plenty of threads for that).

I guess LOT is sort of like a mashup between Dr Who and the A-Team (with about the same level of writing as A-Team episodes - loud, dumb, but fun).

What carries those shows is the characters (I mean, if you read some of the Dr Who plots they're convoluted, but the actors make it watchable - like the one where Dr Who is trapped in a loop for 4 billion years ? Come on. But Peter Capaldi sold it brilliantly, and it might have been his best episode ever).

Cheers. And Merry Xmas all !

It's actually just like a modern-day Blake's Seven, which already had elements of Dr Who and a rag-tag band of mercenaries like the A-Team (but preceded the A-Team by several years). They went round in a time-travelling ship and lost their leader some time after the first season, with another more unpredictable anti-hero type assuming command.

It's actually just like a modern-day Blake's Seven, which already had elements of Dr Who and a rag-tag band of mercenaries like the A-Team (but preceded the A-Team by several years). They went round in a time-travelling ship and lost their leader some time after the first season, with another more unpredictable anti-hero type assuming command.

Okay, admittedly that's a better comparison.

[YT]Zt--ze3CuGU[/YT]

Huh...

I didn't expect Vixen and Steel to hook up. I was actually certain that they were going to play up a budding romance angle between Heatwave and her instead.

I hope this doesn't lead to a potential love triangle.

Isn't cold supposed to be part of the legion? Do we have any idea when he'll finally show up? (Not counting hallucinations holograms etc.)

http://heroichollywood.com/legends-tomorrow-young-george-lucas/

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that actor Matt Angel will guest star on the show as a young version of George Lucas, the filmmaker who began the Star Wars saga back in 1977.

Entertainment Weekly Reports:

EW can exclusively reveal that a younger version of George Lucas will appear in the winter premiere.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim explains that the appearance of the famous filmmaker will have a major effect on two characters in particular.

“Because of circumstances, the time aberration in episode 209 is George Lucas quits film school. As a result, he never makes Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a result, Ray, who became an engineer because of Star Wars, and Nate, who became a historian because of Raiders, slowly start to lose their brilliance, because those things that inspired them to become who they are didn’t exist.”

Guggenheim described the episode as one of the show most ambitious entries yet.

“We were watching a cut of it, and I said to Greg [Berlanti] that 209 is either going to be the episode where we’ll say that the show found a new gear in terms of how zany it can be, or it’s the episode that’s going to get us all fired. It really is. You’re laughing out loud, I think with it, but it’s like, ‘Are we really doing this?’ It’s the ’70s bar fight on steroids. The whole episode is that level of crazy.”

You mean in the arrowverse, we have a world where Mark Hamil and the Trickster both exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"