Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Thread Manager, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Oh God, I hope not! It'll be Ray, Kendra & Carter all over again!

Suffice to say, I don't think they'll go that way with Sara & John; they just had a bit of fun. I didn't there was any emotional element there.

2. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Yeah I haven't enjoyed this shift in tone. I preferred the straight time travel shows like in season 2.

3. Pennywise Registered

I hope Jonah Hex joins the team in S5!

4. eon001 Registered

I agree. I feel the CW are keeping him on Legends as a place holder while they prep his own show.

His supernatural talents are wasted on a time travel team. Although someone suggested an arc that had him go back to medieval times. Maybe cross paths with Merlin, Etrigan etc.

5. eon001 Registered

I kinda like that idea. I'd also nominate Gypsy, and Booster Gold.

Booster being a time traveler himself should at least make a cameo.

6. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

7. ravn0s Registered

it sounds like next season will have more occult and supernatural elements.

https://tvline.com/2018/04/07/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-finale-preview-mallus-showdown-team-exit/

8. Pennywise Registered

So excited for tonight!

9. MrB Guest

I started watching the entire show about a week or so ago. I'm almost caught up.

Fun show, like the time travel aspect.

But, Mick Rory is absolutely hilarious. Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a riot.

Love that character.

10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

11. MrB Guest

Getting really annoyed with Damian Darhk appearing everywhere. And all the supernatural elements are unnecessary.
    I'll definitely be skipping season 4.

#961 MrB, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  12. herolee10 No More Miracles

Ditto. Honestly, if I could take the best elements from the past 3 seasons and roll it into one season then that would make me a happy fan. These would include the following:

1. If it had been possible, to keep Captain Cold alive on the show.

2. Don't need the Hawks or Jax at all but I do appreciate the additions of Vixen, Sari, and Wally. I could live without Nate at times.

3. The Reverse Flash leading a group of supervillains scattered throughout time was without a doubt the best villains that the show has had thus far.

4. I don't know about anyone else but I liked the pairing between Cold and Canary.

5. Rip as one of the leaders of the legends.

13. ComicBookNerd Registered

Getting into the occult was the beginning of the end for Arrow, would be a shame if they made the same mistake with the Legends. Seems like Constantine’s character is a cancer for DCTV.

14. NotNickFury Registered

Doubt they would, especially since Arrow is much more grounded when clashed with mysticism. Whereas Legends is...well, time travel and all the weirdness that comes with it. Plus, Darhk has been a constant presence, so not like the supernatural stuff has been an eyesore for the show so far.

15. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Not too bad a conclusion, and I actually don't mind the mystic elements going into the next season; mysticism is a big part of the DC Universe, and it's only briefly been touched upon before, and in Arrow. I'm quite happy for the show to delve into the Supernatural theme a bit more, [BLACKOUT]especially if there's a portal that sucks Sam, Dean & Castiel through for an episode or two to help the Legends fight a Demon or two[/BLACKOUT]. :woot:

Also kinda' glad that Amaya has retuned to her homeland, seeing as she was supposed to do that last season. I guess John will be her replacement on the team, though I do believe the actress playing Ava has been promoted to a series regular. Hopefully we'll see more of Garry too.

I whole-heartedly agree on this. Matt Letcher stole that role, and was the best villain this show has ever had. He was a credit to his role and performance.

16. MrB Guest

Not crazy about the supernatural elements, it ruined season 3 a bit for me.

However, really happy that Wally West is in Legends.

Still a fun show to watch, though.

17. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Yeah, I don't find the Constantine episodes interesting at all.

It's one thing to have the odd occasional supernatural episode, but when it becomes the overall tone of the show, then it has become a different show to the time travel one that I enjoyed before.

Season 2 was the best. It was light and breezy. No Hawks or Vandal Savage. And no occult. It was simply the Legends going on fun adventures throughout time and meeting various historical figures.

I didn't really enjoy season 3.

18. Guard82 Registered

I'm very glad they brought Wally onto the show. He got a lot more stuff to do on Legends than he did on The Flash. Glad he'll be back for Season 4.

19. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

To be honest, as already highlighted above, the villains were a strong reason (in my opinion) why Season 2 worked so well.

20. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

That's true, but it's also the type of villains they were. They were not mystical/ occultish villains. Reverse Flash was simply an evil speedster. Damien Darkh, although present in Season 2, was not as much into all the dark arts there, so the show didn't have as much of an emphasis on that.

I'd rather they fought another time traveller or regular supervillain or team than chasing dragons now for season 4. After season 3 I hoped we'd have a shift in tone back to season 2. Instead it's deeper into season 3's tone.

21. KevTravels Registered

What is up with his hair?

22. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

23. Derrick Registered

Legends is a comic book show for comic book fans and other genre fans, so having the Legends mix it up with mythical beasts and time travellers in the same season shouldn't be an issue. Happens in comic books all the time.

If they are going this route, perhaps Constantin can introduce them to Raven, a Teen Titan whose father is Trigon, some "demon".

They could have a new Legion of Doom made up of Time Tripper, Trigon and Darkseid.

And they could bring Laurel Lance back from the dead.

LOL

24. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I get that, but as I've mentioned above, mysticism is a big part of the DC Universe, and it's only briefly been touched upon before, I'm quite happy for the show to delve into the Supernatural theme a bit more, though yeah, Dragons probably aren't quite the way to go, but the latest Flash episode did introduce a Vampire (on a different Earth).

I do wonder exactly how John Constantine; a guy without any actual powers, managed to behead a Dragon too. :whatever:

25. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Interesting, and I'm wondering who, cause most of them have the potential to turn bad - all for different reasons.

Zari may still not have truly found piece with her brother.
    Sara may still have darkness within her.
    Nate may wish to change time to be with Amaya.
    Amaya may wish to change time to be with Nate.
    Mick, well, he's kinda an antihero anyway, but he's come a long way.

Wally, and probably Ray are the only ones I couldn't see going darkside... Maybe John (Constantine) will be corrupted, especially if it enables him to rescue the soul of that young girl he lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.