Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that Vixen is so much better than Hawk Girl. She was boring.

Not that this is saying much, given how terrible the Hawk plot was. Seriously, 90% of the quality jump this season comes down to excising the Hawks and Vandal Savage.

I would be more forgiving of the show's faults if they weren't causing so much damage to the timeline. Seriously, the Legends have so far:

1. Caused World War 4 to happen 5 years early, accelerating the deaths of like 75% of the human race

2. Left Earth defenseless from a genocidal alien invasion, and done nothing about it

3. Triggered the founding of the Legion of Doom, a time traveling supervillain organization

4. Arguably caused the destruction of the Justice Society of America

5. Destroyed the Time Masters, whose job it was to keep the timeline intact, replacing it with their own efforts. ( Why does this count as a bad thing? See above. )

There comes a point where the Legends should turn and ask themselves "Hans, are we the baddies?"

My problem was Hawkgirl never did anything heroic. She was always just the damsel in distress that the men had to rescue. I think Lois Lane would have made as good of a team member, if all they needed was someone to be rescued.

Just think, if only they had a time machine then they could go back in time and stop the chief Time Lord (damn) I mean Time Master :cwink: from deciding to back Savage...

Well, for me personally...I consider DC's Legends to be in the same veil like "Gotham", in a sense where it's just guilty pleasure for me. Both shows have so many faults and misguided logics attached to them but they can both be fun to watch when you take out any reasoning or logic away from them.

The 2-part pilot was good, but things went downhill from there.

Both Brandon Routh and Victor Garber weren't happy with the first season.

I will say (like with any time travel show/movie/story) I always question why they don't just go back to right before they messed up on something and repeat the event/day until they get it right lol

The 2-part pilot was good, but things went downhill from there.

Both Brandon Routh and Victor Garber weren't happy with the first season.

Agreed about the 2 Part Pilot.

That's actually the first time that I've heard of Brandon Routh and Victor Garber not having been big fans of the first season. When and where did that come from?

I will say (like with any time travel show/movie/story) I always question why they don't just go back to right before they messed up on something and repeat the event/day until they get it right lol

I think Rip mentioned in the first season that they are unable to go back into events that they have already participated in. (Of course, I wish that they would have remembered that when it came to making the Season 1 finale since they somewhat broke that rule.lol)

Kind of like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day or Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow?

...I think Rip mentioned in the first season that they are unable to go back into events that they have already participated in. (Of course, I wish that they would have remembered that when it came to making the Season 1 finale since they somewhat broke that rule.lol)
what if they went back to just before they got there and left them self a message about what happens and how to do it right

Barry doesn't have these problems. He's gone back to his mother's death 4 or more times already and either watched or changed it depending on his current whim. Jay Garrick has made point of mentioning that he has made time-fractures with each occurrence though, slightly altering his own timeline with each event.
It would be nice if the shows used the same Time Traveller's Bible.

My problem was Hawkgirl never did anything heroic. She was always just the damsel in distress that the men had to rescue. I think Lois Lane would have made as good of a team member, if all they needed was someone to be rescued.

True. I think Vixen is making up for that this season.

Agreed about the 2 Part Pilot.

That's actually the first time that I've heard of Brandon Routh and Victor Garber not having been big fans of the first season. When and where did that come from?

It was an interview with comic book resources.

I honestly wonder...now that it's been revealed that John Diggle Jr. (aka Conner Hawke) is the result of Barry's Flashpoint experience, does that mean that the dystopian future that the Legends had accidentally stumbled into last season is still in effect; as in it'll still happen later on in time?

I mean Oliver said that one of the reasons why things went that bad was because Sara and Ray weren't there to help him in his time in need and seeing as how Sara and Ray have decided to spend their time traveling through time, that means that it could still come about in the way that Future Oliver talked about.

Indeed....though I feel like the show's concept is a bit too grand when considering the budget that they have to work with.

If this show had been on a mega station like the ABC network, I'd feel like they would be able to execute a lot of concepts better on screen.

It's still so cringeworthy when I see on how they approved of the CGI Nazi in the JSA episode. Idk....I mean, the small budget that they have to work feels so apparent at times whenever I watch certain episodes....which isn't always the case for the likes of Arrow or The Flash.

I absolutely disagree with you. Supergirl was on CBS and it's effects were just as cringe worthy. It's actually looked much, much better on the CW.

That said, Legends definitely has some of the worst CG i've seen in ages. (also some of the coolest). Obsidian, and Firestorm look pretty great, at least.

I would be more forgiving of the show's faults if they weren't causing so much damage to the timeline. Seriously, the Legends have so far:

1. Caused World War 4 to happen 5 years early, accelerating the deaths of like 75% of the human race

2. Left Earth defenseless from a genocidal alien invasion, and done nothing about it

3. Triggered the founding of the Legion of Doom, a time traveling supervillain organization

4. Arguably caused the destruction of the Justice Society of America

5. Destroyed the Time Masters, whose job it was to keep the timeline intact, replacing it with their own efforts. ( Why does this count as a bad thing? See above. )

There comes a point where the Legends should turn and ask themselves "Hans, are we the baddies?"

In all fairness, the Time Masters were the villains. They were working with Vandal Savage, and they made no indication they had a plan to stop the alien invasion, either.

As for creating the Legion of Doom, I'd like to know what part of the Legends had anything to do with that? If anything it's probably Barry's fault, as it seems like Thawne is the one pulling the strings.

source.gif

How come Felicity isn't in that gif as the top hero? :o

I wonder if during the crossover that the rest of the Legends are going to find out about Rip being in the year 2056.

I honestly wonder...now that it's been revealed that John Diggle Jr. (aka Conner Hawke) is the result of Barry's Flashpoint experience, does that mean that the dystopian future that the Legends had accidentally stumbled into last season is still in effect; as in it'll still happen later on in time?

I mean Oliver said that one of the reasons why things went that bad was because Sara and Ray weren't there to help him in his time in need and seeing as how Sara and Ray have decided to spend their time traveling through time, that means that it could still come about in the way that Future Oliver talked about.

Well, the real answer is "the writers are terrible", but I think the better explanation is simply that time has some give in it. "Doomed future" is not caused by Diggle's kid being a boy, and his presence isn't required to make it happen.

I mean, granted that Star City is still the city that is doomed, but I don't think Baby Diggle swapping genders is really connected. And given all the other stuff they've changed, I'd bet that even if they visited the dark doomed future of Star City again? They'd find a completely different doom.

Nah, their plan to stop the invasion was "Vandal Savage's empire successfully fights them off, history relates this". This is a ruthless, but logical.

As for the Legion of Doom, nope. For one, Eobard Thawne had access to time travel long "before" the events of the current season. For another, Sara specifically and with malice aforethought gave future knowledge to someone she knew was conspiring with a time traveler. That's a hell of a lot worse a sin than anything Barry has ever done; at least his meddling hasn't been motivated purely by revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"