Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Thread Manager, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They're embargoed for a film that'll never happen while in my 30s

2. batdude Registered

And yet Kord industries has been mentioned a lot in the the Arrowverse.

3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It still amazes me that WB embargoed Kord for 8 years when Arrow wanted to use him since like S1 stating "we have plans for the character" and nada...he isnt even that big of a character, they really screwed up introducing him to a new generation.

4. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Anybody starting up some threads for these episodes tonight?

5. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Unless there was a game and ratings are adjusted....Charmed and Dynasty just beat every Arrowverse show that isnt The Flash in ratings on a Friday. That's not good (for the Arrowverse).

#230 Primal Slayer, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  6. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

When Supergirl and Black Lightning end, some of those characters need to be in Legends for its next season. I want to see the Legends team-up with Green Arrow Mia Smoak, Black Canary, and Siren.

7. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I like the theme of putting old characters from cancelled shows into a dying one, but Legends needs to be about a team of heroes displaced by time that aren't used as a cheesy gimmick.

The entire crew of Legends at the moment are a joke. Honestly.

Jefferson Pierce, Brainiac-5, maybe Dreamer, Could easily add to Legends if they ditch the dead wood. Nora (Barry & Iris' daughter) would be a charismatic addition to the Legends too. Cameos from Jonn maybe? But he'd probably work out better for a later season Superman & Lois character.

Not quite sure about Mia Queen or Felicity, and the Black Canaries probably just wouldn't serve a purpose unless they used Dinah in the detective role?

Holy Slapper likes this.
  8. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I agree that the Legends team has become a joke and they're lacking heavy hitters. I had the same idea about putting Nora and Dreamer into the team. They need a speedster and someone who can see into the future.

I'd put Brainiac 5 and Martian Manhunter into Superman & Lois.

Holy Slapper and Flash525 like this.
  9. Dr. From parts unknown

Since about the second season, Legends has unapologetically embraced its status as the "comedy" of the Arrowverse. So the team being a "joke" isn't really a criticism; it's a description. :cwink:

Now whether the "joke" is — or has ever been — funny is an entirely separate question. :ebr:

Flash525 likes this.
  10. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'd be hesitant to put too many characters into Superman and Lois, as it's more about that family dynamic. The more characters you try to shoehorn into a show about a specific character, the more that is taken away from said character.

All of the shows short of Legends have launched as solo series, with the one lead; Ollie, Barry, Kara, Jefferson, Courtney and Kate. I don't know about Batwoman cause I don't watch it, but all the other shows evolved to incorporate that team element, whilst mostly still focusing on that lead character. The core exception could be Black Lightning who stands his own more, and I think that's the route they want to go with Superman and Lois.

I guess it depends on how long the show goes on for and how many ideas they come up with before they need to bring in other heroes to keep things interesting. The whole universe building seems lost at the moment, as nothing that happens on one show remotely effects the others any more, especially now that everything is supposed to be on one Earth (short of Stargirl which I'm praying they don't crossover with).

There have been funny moments, but as a whole, no. It's not funny. It's cheesy and uncreative. There's just no structure to the show any more. The show might as well be DC's Misfits of Tomorrow.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Legends is no longer a superhero show. They barely even suit up. I don't need anyone from other shows to join them full time since they'll be watered down to a comedy act.

The show has it moments, thus far this season has been a good laugh but overall its jumped its own shark.

We need a new team up show that is more serious.

12. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The existing team (and those we've lost) would've been fine if used better.

I don't remember the last time (before this latest episode) that Nate used his abilities. Zari's brother has never really served a purpose (but then, has she?) and ever since we moved on from demons and the like, John has been wasted.

It's when they ditch the characters like Firestorm and Atom in place of Ava and Garry that eyes start to roll. Short of the Hawks, S1's team were the foundation that should've stood.

The team needs a shakeup for good. I wouldn't wish anyone out of a job, but if Legends wasn't renewed I would consider it a blessing; a lot of this cast are better than this.

Holy Slapper likes this.
  13. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

What good is a cast shakeup if they don't change the shows new dna?

14. Holy Slapper Registered

I haven't laughed while watching this season show since season 3 (except season 4 finale).

15. Holy Slapper Registered

Replacing OG Zari just so they could get New Zari and ConstantYne together was a phenomenally stupid decision. Pretty much everyone wanted Nate and OG Zari to get together.

#240 Holy Slapper, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Flash525 likes this.
  16. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Those ratings for Charmed and Dynasty this week are very wild and bizarre - I mean Dynasty's was literally almost double their previous viewership - and I notice they still haven't been finalized yet, so I think there's something up with them.

Primal Slayer likes this.
  17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The final ratings for that week FINALLY came in, and as I expected, Dynasty's prelim numbers were way inflated. Charmed did still beat Batwoman, LoT and Black Lightning, though. Here's the CW ratings for the week of May 10th-May 16th:

1.) The Flash: .22 demo; .742mil viewers
    2.) Kung Fu: .15 demo; .955mil viewers
    3.) Walker: .14 demo; .900mil viewers
    4.) Legacies: .14 demo; .496mil viewers
    5.) Supergirl: .11 demo; .471mil viewers
    6.) Charmed: .11 demo; .404mil viewers
    7.) Batwoman: .10 demo; .346mil viewers
    8.) Legends of Tomorrow: .08 demo; .381mil viewers
    9.) Black Lightning: .07 demo; .303mil viewers
    10.) All-American (R): .07 demo; .289mil viewers
    11.) Dynasty: .07 demo; .251mil viewers
    12.) Nancy Drew: .05 demo; .461mil viewers

18. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

The Arrowverse might as well be dead when you cant be Friday nights and Charmed lol

flickchick85 likes this.
  19. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Flash, S&L, SG and LoT still do relatively great in delayed viewing though, which is what CW cares about most (not that it matters in SG's case). Batwoman and Black Lightning, however...yeah I'll be shocked if BW makes it past S4. Kung Fu's delayed viewing numbers are also sad. It's lucky it has good live numbers so far, but that doesn't bode well.

20. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Yeah I fully expect Batwoman to end with Season 4 unless those S3 numbers drastically improve.

flickchick85 likes this.
  21. geetard Rebirth

The CW Sets Beebo Christmas Special, Waltons Movie Starring Bellamy Young

Yaaaaas! Praise Beebo!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. Holy Slapper Registered

No one cared to even make a thread for the latest episode.

It had a good joke for once: "Why didn't we just come here an hour earlier? - We don't ask those kind of questions."

23. SV Fan Registered

Looks like I am the only one here who likes this show. lol

I get that the cast is rather blah when you look at the lack of star power(ie name brand heroes) but I just like the overall tone of the show not taking itself to seriously even if the characters are no name heroes.

24. SV Fan Registered

I know many shows now have other methods of getting views(foreign markets, website replay, DVDS, streaming services, etc) but how the hell can any CW affiliate survive with these piss poor ratings. They probably can draw more viewers showing reruns of Gilligan's Island

flickchick85 likes this.
  25. Holy Slapper Registered

Nothing wrong with the tone. The problem is in the execution of it. The show worked better when there was more structure, an overarching plot for the season and comedy was actually funny. Now it has none of those.