Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Thread Manager, Jun 8, 2018.

1. eon001 Registered

Ok I absolutely love this mockumentry style format. If the show goes into this direction I think it could work really well. It's already goofy, just keep leaning into it.

2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I hate mockumentaries. There hasn't been one I've ever liked.

3. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I know we're only two episodes into this season of Legends (or three if you consider the Crisis one) but is anyone else feeling a bit ... meh about the show at the moment? I've watched Legends since it started, and I've always thought their LoD angle with Thawne has presented their best season. I'm just not getting the vibe for it at the moment; too many characters with little to do.

I never thought I'd say this, but there's a risk that Legends (for me) will fall into the unwatchable category alongside the Canaries show (if it gets a green light) and Batwoman.

vantheman77 likes this.
  4. NotNickFury Registered

I mean, as you said, it's only been two episodes. Not exactly a lot of time to have a consensus on as of yet, especially right on the heels of Crisis. Plus, they've already thinned out the ranks by one with getting rid of Mona, so there's that at least. That said, still very much enjoying the show so far.

5. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They are leaning a bit too far into the comedy and keeping majority of the cast dumbed down.

vantheman77 and Flash525 like this.
  6. signalman Registered

7. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Whatever Legends has become is a far cry from the beginning.

I can see Mick Rory being the last original Legend standing.

8. herolee10 No More Miracles

I seriously doubt that the producers would allow Caity to leave the show without first doing everything in their power to change her mind. She is especially one of Marc G's personal favorite characters from the entire Arrowverse.

I honestly miss what the show had originally aimed to be back in its first two seasons.Although I wasn't a fan of the Hawks or the actor portraying Vandal Savage, I did love the concept in seeing these mismatched characters form a family/team. I remember thinking that this show was the closest that we had for a television show featuring a superhero ensemble/group.

Losing Rip Hunter and Captain Cold were definitely big blows. Frankly, I could live Brandon leaving the show had they managed to retain Rip and Snart as series regulars. Nothing against the new recruits (i.e. Steel, Ava, etc.) but they got nothing when compared to Rip Hunter, Captain Cold, and even Martin Stein.

If anything, they should have transitioned the concept of the show where instead of always traveling through time, we could see the group travel to multiple different earths. It would have been a great way to lead this show into Crisis as well while allowing the group to do anything without fear of destroying the logic/continuity in the timeline established in the "Arrowverse".

#183 herolee10, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    vantheman77 and Flash525 like this.
  9. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

What with Lost in Space being cancelled (or wrapping up - open speculation here) what're the chances of Mick's on screen daughter joining the Legends for their next season?

10. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

First two seasons were my favorites.

11. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The Season (wasn’t it season 2?) with Thawne; that was my favourite. Rip Hunter, Vandal Savage and the Hawks were just terrible!

12. Morg Super Moderator

13. Marz69 Registered

This show is like a roller coaster. The first 2 seasons were great. I really loved the show. My only issue back then were the hawks. Then the show blew up. Last year was not very good to me. So many characters and bizarre things happening. I was about to quit it.

This year is better. It looks like it's trying to get back on track. The office stuff from last year was a distraction.

I will miss Ray moving forward. He is a good character even though he wasn't one of my favs.

My favs are Sara, Mick, Rip Hunter and Captain Cold. I miss Hunter & Capt Cold. But I added Constantine as one of my favs.

I think one of the problems is that the show is trying so hard to be comedy gold that the characters tend to feel like caricatures and silliness ensues. Even something like them all waiting outside for the bathroom. Why is there only 1 working bathroom on the ship? yeah, I should leave my brain at home and enjoy. :yay:

14. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I wish they had Brandon reprise Kingdom Come Superman and appear in either Superman and Lois or Stargirl.

15. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well considering that they just established that a doppelganger from another earth can no longer travel to Earth Prime without getting vaporized, that might make things complicated.

Plus, I am pretty sure that some of the folks in charge are aware of the fact that BR's KC Superman had received universal acclaim while Tyler's version was lost in his shadow during the Crisis Crossover.

16. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Wait, what? When? I've obviously missed something important here...

17. NotNickFury Registered

Okay, this did get a laugh out of me. Plus, great to see Stephen Amell again.

signalman and wwkirk like this.
  18. geetard Rebirth

19. jolldan Registered

So I just got round to finishing Legends and it was a pretty solid season, not my favourite but good.

Loved all the Constantine & Astra stuff, Mick’s daughter storyline (felt like it gave him something to do this season), really warmed to Behrad, Ava has become arguably the funniest character in the show imo and Lance is always fun. MVP of the season has to be Zari’s actress she was just so damn good as both versions.

Complaints would have to be with the sisters neither ever felt particularly dangerous maybe a bit more the blonde one and if I remember correctly there final plan very much felt like a rehash of season 1. Also (and I put this more down to Zari actress making it such a good scene). The ending felt weird going from such a touching scene with Zari to that punk band scene and abduction cliffhanger it just felt like it didn’t have the same weight it would have if you’d make out a scene to let things breathe in between.

20. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Tala Ashe is severely underrated.

Hated the way Ray was written out...

jolldan likes this.
  21. jolldan Registered

Yeah I enjoyed her to begin with but she really stood out this season.

Same should have added that to my list for being a original Legend it didn’t feel like a good enough send off for Ray.

22. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

What got me was how they brought back Courtney for the finale and wasted her.... felt like a total **** you to them both.... which is out of character for the Beeboverse shows

jolldan likes this.
  23. Pennywise Registered

Lisseth Chavez Exits ‘Chicago P.D.’, Joins ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ – Deadline

24. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I guess aliens thoughout time was the only thing left for them to do, huh? We've had mythical creatures, demons, generic villains. This season will be X Files meets Legends or something, and we just know it'll be as cheesy as anything, with (most of) the aliens not looking much like actual aliens.

Lets just hope Kara, John and Clark aren't time displaced.