Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Sawyer, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SV Fan Registered

Is this going to be anything like Legends of the Superheroes?

[YT]Kg2EvhTAer8[/YT]

2. Lilbaz Registered

Why didn't the flash just put him on Olivers island?

3. Mask&Cape Registered

I've never heard of those ones before - they look pretty bad, the DC Comics "Holiday Special". ;)

No, I think those days are long gone and Legends of Tomorrow should be safe enough. :D

Shut up and stop ruining it :cmad:

;) Only joking :)

I don't know - maybe because Snart would have contact with ARGUS agents and that could lead to Waller finding out his identity.

4. mr. peasant Registered

Looking at the CW's "family members", I can see them giving the role to Johnathon Schaech, last seen on the network as the villain Castor on Star-crossed.

[​IMG]

5. zenith16 Registered

I remember saying this in a video pod cast of Vic's basement in their comment's area below it. where others spoke when they talked about super man with i n the video pod cast & his weekness's cause they were talking about it in their video pod cast.
    this is what I said

I'm sure they'll find more stuff with Hal Jordan their listed some where

#830 zenith16, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. Rowsdower! Registered

Good choice! He's a good actor and he has the right look. Did you ever see The Doom Generation? That is such a f***ed up movie.

7. Isub_Zero Registered

Does "The Flash" knows where is "Oliver's Island"? And if he does... I didn't finish the first season of "The Flash" yet, but...Can Barry also fly now? Can he walk on water?

8. zenith16 Registered

More like Run and yes Barry can run on water. He did so with plastique one of the first friends he lost as hero.

As to him knowing where the island is? some how he & the star lab crew had a plane set there at Faris air to send the meta criminals over there , they just didn't reach it cause they were betrayed by captain cold so....

#833 zenith16, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  9. Bathead The Oldest Geek

Yeahh, I remember that. Saw it when it debuted. Even back then I remember thinking "God this is awful".
    The thing I remember the most is the woefully bad SPFX. GL didn't even fly, he pointed the ring at himself and used it to teleport instantly to his destination. That and even back then the costumes all looked supremely cheesy to me, and I was a kid that pretty much loved everything about supeheroes and was willing to let even some of the silliest stuff in the comics slide, but this show was just too much.

10. zenith16 Registered

Hmm the teleporting was used by lanturn Alan scott>> Green Lantern
    which was almost unique to him

in New Earth He had the artifact called the star heart so that's the reason is was a older power source the what the other younger lanterns
    used . So it's not completely out of character power wise. It's just not overly common.

#835 zenith16, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
  11. Sawyer High King

He's got a good look, but I'd like to be given a good jolt by who they cast in the role. The network has had a pretty good habit recently of pulling in actors that you wouldn't have expected on the network a few years ago... Barrowman and Manu Bennett on Arrow, Victor Garber/Wentworth Miller/Dominic Purcell on The Flash (not to mention Hamill), Claudia Black on The Originals, Henry Ian Cusick/Isaiah Washington on The 100... I really want to be taken by surprise.

12. Rowsdower! Registered

Wait... Dominic Purcell was a GOOD casting choice? :oldrazz:

13. Bathead The Oldest Geek

Perhaps that's where they got the idea, but I hardly think it was for canonical reasons. I'm pretty sure it was because they had a very low SPFX budget and besides, Hal Jordan never di the teleport shtick before.

14. batdude Registered

Yeah, for better or worse, it was basically Adam West and Burt Ward meeting the Justice League. The Guy playing Captain Marvel/ Shazam was decent, but the rest? no. It's only for Batman 66 superfans. Though I saw Conan O'Brien annoy Ryan Reynolds with it when he was promoting Green Lantern

15. mocomic Philistian by choice

Vandal Savage, I pick Oded Fehr who was my pick for Ra's

16. Bathead The Oldest Geek

I remember there was a Captain Marvel series somewhere around that time period, I can't be sure if it was the same guy or not.

17. SV Fan Registered

Looks like it was different actors. 2 different guys played it in the live action Saturday morning cartoon, 3rd actor played him in the legends of the superhero thing

18. Bathead The Oldest Geek

That sounds likely. It's been a long time and the memory is the second thing to go, so ...

19. batdude Registered

Yeah, there were three. Two on the Captain Marvel/ Isis show which was a year or two before this. I bought both of them on dvd awhile back. To be fair, I wish I could forget that godawful Legends Hawkman costume.

20. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

[YT]aottw4tJkUw[/YT]

21. zenith16 Registered

And I feel justified that Ronnie will shoe up I have a feeling it'll be the reverse of how he dr.stein started out in Ronnie body but when it's time for action there will be Ronnie.

#846 zenith16, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
  22. herolee10 No More Miracles

So, assuming if I heard that correctly, Rip Hunter and Atom will act in as the leaders for this new group? Interesting.

Honestly, I feel like Brandon had a lot going against him in his characterization of "Atom".

I mean it's not his fault that he was basically brought in to serve as nothing more than Felicity's boy toy until the writers were ready to have her hook up with Oliver at the end of Season 3. And it didn't make matters better to have his big Atom moment happen after temporarily hooking him up with Felicity, which irritated the hell out of the crazy Olicity fans, resulting in him being trashed for that as opposed to focusing on his transformation into Atom.

And of course, having him come off as a Iron Man/Blue Beetle ripoff didn't do him any favors and by the time they showed him shrinking, some people started to think that he was also a Ant-Man ripoff as well.

In any case, I do think that Brandon has a lot more to offer into the role, provided that he's given a chance to shine and not get lost in the shadows of another hero.

And I feel like Stein's character is going to be used in a similar manner to how the Avengers used Banner/Hulk in "Age of Ultron".

Stein will be there mainly for technical support and will only resort to changing into Firestorm if the situation is dire.

23. HighFivingMF Welp.

Rip Hunter: "And I thought the biggest problem with this timeline was the fact that Superman doesn't exist."
    Ray Palmer: "Superman? Kind of a goofy name."

24. batdude Registered

Well I think Brandon Routh will do OK if they let him actually play the Atom instead of a blatant Iron Man ripoff like he was at times on Arrow. Flash writers and maybe hooking him with Caity Lotz/ White Canary would help.
    As for Stien, I think you could be right, but a Lot depends on whether the new black kid is the other half of Firestorm or not.

25. zenith16 Registered

but that fire storms name is Jason Rusch << that's his profile who had Ronnie i the role professor stein is in with him in some case's

this dude is Jay Jackson which BTW can't who he is (yet)..... also I don't remember ever hear that name once. he's ether someone else who join the team & be part of stein (as you say but I don't know I see it as unlikely ) or he's still some else & will have his ow super hero Identity.

Well any way we'll find out who his character is. it should be cool

#850 zenith16, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.