Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon to come: The DC block on the CW!

Monday to Thursday, 8 to 10.

What's up with Supergirl if CW is willing to take everything else?

I wish they would wait to see if LOT is any good first. They can always do a Hawkman/ Hawkgirl show with somebody else if they want.

Not buying it.

Me neither. As much as I would like to see a Hawkgirl show, it's way too soon. It's not even certain how LoT will be received yet. (although I see no reason for it not to be a hit)

Of course it will never happen but CW really needs to try to branch out to Sunday nights or 10pm slots, they are really crowded.

Of course it will never happen but CW really needs to try to branch out to Sunday nights or 10pm slots, they are really crowded.

I don't think it'll never happen, but it'll probably take awhile to get there.

If they do, I imagine they'll use the night to attempt a comedy comeback, so i doubt it'll have much impact on their drama line-up anyway.

Unless overall ratings really increase to like 4-5mill, I dont think they risk it since it is part of what makes them profitable for WB/CBS. But they will 2 comedies even though they are hr long.

More female-led comic book properties, yes please. If this report is true, then they must REALLY like what they've seen of her thus far.

But they haven't seen anything of her so far. All they taped so far is the teaser trailer. They haven't even started writing yet for LOT.

Ok, DC and the CW may want to slow down juuust a tad. I'm ecstatic that DC finally showing faith in their rich properties, but damn maybe they're biting off more than they can chew. Would the CW even have room in their schedule for all of these budding DC shows?

Limited series I can see but a full blown series for hawkgirl?!?

I'm not really buying the solo show news. But, time will tell how that works out.

The network and the actress both have shot down the rumor.

I hope so. If they are going to do another solo show, I'd hope for a more prominent character.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd cast a character to be part of the ensemble of their spinoff, then decide to give that character their own spinoff before said first spinoff has even aired (or filmed, for that matter) a single episode.

Phil Klemmer (The Tomorrow People) is Showrunner

Tomorrow People was a pretty good show. Plus, he worked on Veronica Mars and Chuck, so. :up:

thank-you-based-god-oe277b.gif

All I can really say is... Thank god they didn't give the job to Marc Guggenheim. :funny:

Congrats to him, I'm sure he'll do a good job.

Even though I like Marc Guggenheim, having a different show runner is a good thing just to prevent him from being overworked. Overworked show runners turn out an inferior product.

Hello World! Who else is super excited about Legends of Tomorrow, premiering Spring 2016 on the CW?

CI_9HFAUkAUGN6A.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/0...t?hootPostID=194a7ba094709d7c43e4f00a8a220088
Legends of Tomorrow First Look: See exclusive concept art of the team of heroes (and villains) in battle
BY SHIRLEY LI

Posted July 3 2015 — 11:00 AM EDT

The motley crew of superheroes on The CW’s upcoming Legends of Tomorrow may call themselves “legends,” but showrunner Phil Klemmer tells EW the team members haven’t quite lived up to the name — at least not when time traveler Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) recruits them at the start of the series to protect the time stream from Vandal Savage, a super-villain capable of destroying time itself.

“They’re screwups,” Klemmer says. “Instead of tiptoeing through history, they’re plodding through it, leaving their footprints and fingerprints and constantly having to wonder whether they’re going to screw the future up rather than fix it… It’s going to be total madness.”

Madness may be an understatement. The series, set in the same world as Arrow and The Flash (and sharing two of the same executive producers), plunges the team of benevolent heroes, jaded villains, and one resurrected assassin (Caity Lotz’s White Canary) into mayhem as they struggle to work together. And in the exclusive concept art of a battle sequence above, the team (try to spot Grant Gustin’s The Flash in the background!) is clearly doing its best to fight off evil, but there’s no method to the madness—for now.

Ultimately, Klemmer teases that these lesser-known DC Comics characters won’t just use time to fight crime and stop Savage—they’ll be tempted to meddle with it for their own gain, without thinking through the consequences.

“Who can resist the urge to correct the past or to investigate the future?” he says. “The idea of traveling through time has a caper quality to it, and that’s what we’re looking forward to. Yes, there will be the big ‘try to stop Vandal Savage’ [plot], but people will inevitably become diverted on their little side missions and when people are trying to fix their own timeline, that’s when you really start screwing things up.”

Legends of Tomorrow debuts winter 2016 on The CW.
Better look at the photo at the link.

I hope that concept means that Firestorm will finally get a real costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"