Legion of Super-Heroes (DTV)

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
A new Legion of Super-Heroes film will be released next year under the 'DC Universe' banner, meaning it is most likely apart of the Lukic/Tomorrowverse.

See slide 4:

Last edited:
Woo!

Given it was put into production awhile back, I’m kind of surprised the Milestone animated movie isn’t a part of this announcement.

DC has offered a brief tease of the story. I assume this will be the first one out of the gate next year:

In the film, Supergirl finds she needs a few lessons as she acclimates to Earth…and Superman looks to the heroes of the Legion to get it done.

My interest has increased with the inclusion of Supergirl. Darren Criss' Superman is getting his Kara quicker than I imagined.

Just reminds me of how much style and charm the LOSH series had.

That LOSH trailer looks nice. Looking forward to the movie.

I also wish we got to see this Superman and Batman meet for the first time, or an early adventure. Seems odd that this Superman already has a Supergirl, though I suppose it was teased somewhat by Lobo in Man of Tomorrow.

I like the storyline, but I would have preferred an adaptation of Wagner’s Trinity, and see Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman face off against Ra’s al Ghul, Bizarro, and a rogue Amazon.

This just feels like they are telling the same story from Batman/Superman: Apocalypse with the Legion guest starring in it.
It's definitely got a strong element of that. Looks like the Legion are replacing the Amazons as the ones to help teach Kara how to use her powers.

I watched it and it was enjoyable. It was VERY simple writing wise which sucked a bit but I am enjoying the "Tomorrow"verse better than the New52-verse previous to it.
Kara was very enjoyable imo, very much a hot head but I enjoy that version over the overtly sweet innocent one. THis one has an interesting edge to her.

Probably my least favorite Brainiac adaptation though.

The very little we saw of Kara in the present day was fun and I think it is a much more interesting angle for her compared to throwing her into the future so she can have it easier. Kara having trouble adapting to a basic world gives the writers plenty to work from, she cant even find a store without a robot telling her what to do which shows that yeah, Krypton was advanced but Kara still has a lot of growing to do if she cant even get by without the overt use of technology.
The fight scenes are fun and of course they use Mon-El as the hot guy who convinces Kara to stay in the future at first.

They use Brainy as a way to have their superhero v superhero misunderstanding fight. Having him be the only sane clone was ya know "go figure" and it didnt really add anything except to draw suspicion over him for plot.

Having Mon-El be a Krypton-obsessed fanatic to the point of only seeing power and being evil was easily seen from a mile away once we get to see him again after the beginning of the movie. It's something that I hated. I've never been in love with the character but I feel like they could've used Power Boy in this instance instead of turning Mon into an outright villain.

This being a sequel to the first part of JSA was a nice touch that I did not expect so I loved that aspect of it. Bringing back Brainiac to finish off what we saw from that film was great though overall it was a let down this one turned out to be kind of stupid. Of all the Brainiac animated adaptations he's definitely near the bottom of the barrel.

Kara of course decides to stay in the future which I'm not a fan of, especially with how easy time travel is in this universe. There has to be rules to it right? Because Clark could phone them real quick and find out what happened and stop it in a blink of an eye. But it seems like she may return? Hopefully she does because the whole "introduce Supergirl and send her to the future so SUperman is alone again" has always been a pet peeve of mine.

They set up the JL film at the end, so hopefully we'll FINALLY get to meet this Earths WW.

I watched it and it was enjoyable. It was VERY simple writing wise which sucked a bit but I am enjoying the "Tomorrow"verse better than the New52-verse previous to it.
Kara was very enjoyable imo, very much a hot head but I enjoy that version over the overtly sweet innocent one. THis one has an interesting edge to her.

Probably my least favorite Brainiac adaptation though.
Likewise enjoying the Tomorrowverse. I'll definitely pick this up on DVD/Blu-ray.

Are they going to do away with the Tomorrowverse over the DCU?

I find the simplicity of the Tomorrowverse rather endearing, tbh. Enjoyed this. Much more than any of that N52 nonsense.

Didn't love Kara staying in the future, though. I've never cared for that. Rude treatment of Mon-El, too.

Are they going to do away with the Tomorrowverse over the DCU?

I don’t think anybody knows yet. It’s all up in the air really.
it’s been confirmed they’re willing to continue the animated DTV stuff:
On weather the animated movies from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will continue…

Gunn: We’re dealing with all that. Some of that stuff will continue as Elseworlds, but a lot of other stuff we’re starting to bring into animation with (Warner Bros. Animation President) Sam Register so that we’ll have things that are connected with this. I think there have been a lot of really marvelous DC cartoons, so we’re going to keep moving forward with that.
James Gunn and Peter Safran on Building a New DC Universe

“so we’re going to keep moving forward with that.”

So they’ll let them continue. Which doesn’t surprise me (Gunn already confirmed the Harley Quinn show will continue), so they’re definitely not opposed to animation that takes place outside of the universe. They can let the non-DCU animated stuff exist concurrently with the canon stuff.

Last edited:
I find the simplicity of the Tomorrowverse rather endearing, tbh. Enjoyed this. Much more than any of that N52 nonsense.

Didn't love Kara staying in the future, though. I've never cared for that. Rude treatment of Mon-El, too.

so in comparison to the JLU episode, obviously the JLU wins I take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"