Legion Legion S1E1 - "Chapter 1" (Spoilers!)

This was a really great pilot!

I don't know Legion's history (aside from being Xavier's kid?) so I'm not sure what to expect her.

A very interesting first episode. I feel like I need to watch it again right away. Because it is so hard to get a grip on reality (and because of all the visual trickery) it feels like it was a bit hard to get into at first. It really is a series that requires your full attention. But I am very, very interested in finding out more as we go along. Really great pilot!

And it's not? I really don't understand this timeline anymore. One second it is and now it isn't.
There is an interesting theory in the 'Devil With Yellow Eyes' thread.

I know next to nothing about the title character ( other than he's supposed to be Prof. X's son and has multiple personalities with different powers inside his head? ).

however, I really enjoyed this first ep. Loved the tone and how you can't always tell what's real or what's part of David's head.

very eager to see where this series goes with its cast of characters.

Very interesting show. And easily the best looking Marvel adaptation to ever hit the small screen. Maybe the big screen as well.

Great first ep.

Felt like a couple of scenes were there for the sake of the trailer and those exact scenes worked better in the context of that trailer.

I already love Noah Hawley... went in blind on footage, just in case. And, so happy I did.

I enjoy how Dan Stevens gets to flex more, very underrated actor. Plus, Aubrey Plaza was a surprise and let alone the girl playing Sydney Barrett is crazily enough the ****ty dimwitted girl from Fargo Season 2.

It was a joke

And it's not? I really don't understand this timeline anymore. One second it is and now it isn't.
Psy doesn't get sarcasm/jokes, don't even bother.

What a captivating and thrilling episode. I'm inclined to avoid terms like "awesome" or "stupendous" because that just sets the bar way too high, but I really enjoyed it. It's a worthy addition to FX's stable of shows that's probably equal to if not better than HBO without having to spend egregious amounts of money like they do for GoT and Westworld.

How great is it that Fox's first foray into superhero TV lands an actor such as Dan Stevens as the lead? Even though we haven't delved into the multiple personality aspect of the character, he was really working off some range. His eyes are so blue like McAvoy's too lol.

The trippy sequences felt very though out rather than like an elaborate reference and joke like Mr.Robot can get to sometimes. It's not all a trick sometimes and just a very unique and clever visual presentation of David's mind.

I was kinda weirdly ambivalent about Rachel Keller's Syd and the whole love story aspect, but she's also very charismatic and has great chemistry with Dan. Their love story is really touching and I agree with NotNickFury, I'd love to see her as Rogue (even though that's a pipe dream)

Kerry and Ptolemy gave me major Scott and Storm vibes from X1. And if Melanie Bird turned out to be some alt. universe Emma Frost, then I wouldn't be against that either. I do hope they all have powers because they seem very interesting. (Maybe Hawley can also write for a comic detailing their backstories too?)

Aubrey Plaza, who is already very mesmerizing, does some A+ work here. It's amazing how she's still very much Aubrey Plaza, but her sardonic humor is much in line with the seriousness and darkness of the show.

There's so much to touch on that it's almost crazy, but all I can say is Hawley has done it again. There's a limit probably to how much you can sorta strip down the superhero genre in the way that the Netflix dramas do, so to have it go the other way by drastically changing its visual presentation and structure is a really smart way to keep things fresh.

great first episode, I have no idea what is real and what's in his head.

Interesting show it took me a while to really get into it but the last 20 minutes were pretty great

tumblr_ol42zo4r231w3y5jmo1_500.gif

I do find that it interesting that David's sister, Amy, reminds me a bit of Rose Byrne's Moira.

All I have to say is holy cow.

Best pilot I think I've ever seen

Definitely going to need to rewatch this a few times. Dan Stevens did an AMAZING job. The shifts of David's mood/personality was great.

I think rewatchs are going to be mandatory, in order to get the little details.

Seriously. I just watched this off of my DVR and I'm confused. I'll need to watch it again before the next one for sure.

Not sure I can watch this week to week. Netflix really has messed me up

I love the set design and aesthetic of this show. It's the perfect mix of 1940's appliances mixed with future tech and 1960's clothing with 1970's colours with a hint of Eastern influences, mainly futuristic but still simple.

The more I think about it, the better it gets. This pilot was great. It's the ideal balance of good storytelling and weirdness where the latter doesn't get in the way (Like Preacher did). It just feels so fresh. I really miss the standalone comic book adaptation stuff and this is the perfect character to do that with. I've no idea if he's Xavier's son, but I won't be bothered if he isn't.

Damn. That was great. Easily the most interesting pilot I've seen since Westworld. Very interested in seeing how they expand this alternate version of the mutant universe. Will be see any actual X Men? The logo seems to suggest we might.

Hi guys. Where could I watch Episode 1 of Legion online? No cable. I have amazon and netflix. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"