Legion Legion S1E1 - "Chapter 1" (Spoilers!)

I don't think that necessarily has to do with mental hospitals or not, it's just a deliberately hard to follow show.

I probably wasn't very clear. Not necessarily the mental hospital per se, but that part of the show had a function that was necessary to get to other parts of the show. Going as quickly as they did made things rather confusing at first, but what it meant is that by the end of the first episode they were able to give us a glimpse of what was to come. If they hadn't, I think viewership might have fallen off a bit of a cliff.

It still may (fall off) if they are deliberately making things hard to follow. Prolly not a great formula. for example, I liked it better than others.

Finally watched Legion yesterday. IT WAS AMAZING!!!

The show is only 8 episodes though, so it makes sense that they'd kinda move through it fairly quickly in addition to the fact that Hawley is playing fast and loose with conventional narrative structure.

8 episodes should be the norm now for Marvel TV series. Inhumans and the Defenders also only have eight episodes.

Hopefully, the other Marvel shows will follow.

Loved it. Best thing in the X-Men universe since the original X-Men movie if you ask me.

Loved the tone, the characters, the writing, the intrigue, the tension with David's powers, the visuals, and I had no idea what was going to happen next.

My only gripe was that I was kinda hoping the show would have spent more time (if not the entire show) with David in the hospital, talking to his shrink, wondering if it's his mutation or his illness, etc. And now it seems like things might get a bit simpler with other mutants around, and it might get too action-based. So we'll see moving forward, but this pilot at least was a gem.

Last edited:
My only gripe was that I was kinda hoping the show would have spent more time (if not the entire show) with David in the hospital, talking to his shrink, wondering if it's his mutation or his illness, etc. And now it seems like things might get a bit simpler with other mutants around, and it might get too action-based. So we'll see moving forward, but this pilot at least was a gem.
Spoiler Alert. It only gets better.

Really late but finally able to start.

Really enjoyed it. It's going to be a ride, and can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"