Lego Batman: The Video Game

Yeah I don't get the whole Lego game craze. Is it just me or does anyone else NOT see Batman or any of the Star Wars characters but just blocky Lego figures that resemble them. I can't get past that initial visual impression, I just don't care for it. It's a ****ing lego. I don't want to play as Lego Batman.

I'm not in it, but the Lego Videogame craze comes from the games being just plain old fun. Period. I didn't have THAT much fun playing the demos, but, apparently, other people are having a ball.

Also, I NEVER see the actual characters when I play liscenced videogames, only polygon representations of them, that are always of in percpetible and sometimes crucial ways.

The Lego game series, like the Wii capitolizes on some gamers' need to have fun playing video games... this is how they scoop up scores and scores of casual gamers, who don't have time or energy to worry about how legoey Batman is, or how closely the game adheres to Post-Crisis canon continuity. They play games expecting to have fun.

Lego Star Wars delivers this to them. Lego Batman undoubtedly delivers this as well. What else is there to get? Why should whether you or I enjoy the game matter?

Even though two Batman movies sucked it would have been nice if they stuck to Movie to Lego Game in terms of Batman. Then once Nolans trilogy is done they can do Lego Batman 2

I merged the two LEGO Batman threads because they're pretty much the same topic.

I just think they're fun games!
When I have time to playa videogame, sometimes I just wasnt an enjoyable, fun, light-hearted game.
I have played so many games that I would put down for a few days or weeks and when I picked it back up again, I was like "Wow- I suck at this game!" and I had to startover agaimn becuase the learning curve was so sharp.
Sometimes I just want to play something easy and fun- and why not have it be about Batman? Seems like an easy 'go out and buy it' to me.

You love having the power to merge, don't you?

Why do we need two LEGO Batman threads and neither one of them had a particular reason for closing.

And yes, the power to merge is teh awesome.

The funny thing is this will probably be better than most Batman games, kinda like how the Lego Star Wars games were better than most SW games.

They're fun. Why play a new FPS game? You can get the same experience by playing any number of old FPS games. Why play a RTS game, you can get the same experience playing any number of old RTS games.

If a game is fun, it is good, regardless of whether it's innovative or not. Or if it's complex or not. There are only 2 kinds of games. Fun games, and not fun games. This is fun. If you're too snobbish to get off your high horse and see that, it's your loss, no one elses. You can also leave the thread now, in that case.

Meh, I'll leave the thread when I damn well please.:oldrazz: :woot:

Seriously, it's mainly because I would rather play a Batman game that lets you use the villains but with Good realistic graphics.

I'll rent it and it most likely will be fun, I just would prefer it to have quality graphics is all.

Meh, I'll leave the thread when I damn well please.:oldrazz: :woot:

Seriously, it's mainly because I would rather play a Batman game that lets you use the villains but with Good realistic graphics.

I'll rent it and it most likely will be fun, I just would prefer it to have quality graphics is all.

I completely agree with that. If reviews are positive enough, I'll definetly be pickin' this up with Lego Indy. But I was reading a preview for Lego Batman today, and I've noticed that I always find myself thinking, "Wow, this sounds awesome!" and then remembering it's all lego style and bein' all "muh." Mainly because this is the 1st Batman game on next gen consoles, and though the graphics will be good, c'mon it's lego.

The Lego game series, like the Wii capitolizes on some gamers' need to have fun playing video gamesThey play games expecting to have fun.

There are some gamers who dont want to have fun while playing games? Are they called ******s, by any chance? That would explain the popularity of games like WoW, where it seems to me all you do is go on repetetive quests to get shinier armor so that you can then go on more repetetive quests...just, grinding aimlessley away, for no real purpose...

Seriously though, are there really any gamers who sit down going "well, as long as this has good graphics and does things that havent been done before, I dont care if it's fun?"

There are some gamers who dont want to have fun while playing games? Are they called ******s, by any chance? That would explain the popularity of games like WoW, where it seems to me all you do is go on repetetive quests to get shinier armor so that you can then go on more repetetive quests...just, grinding aimlessley away, for no real purpose...

Seriously though, are there really any gamers who sit down going "well, as long as this has good graphics and does things that havent been done before, I dont care if it's fun?"

No...I just want the best of both worlds. I will gladly take fun over graphics any day of the week if it came down to it though.

In short I was just annoyed that the past majority of Batman games let alone 'comic' games haven't been all that great. They make one that looks really fun and also lets you play as villians but the catch is, it's using the Lego style graphics.

I'm lovin' it. The only thing I didn't really pleasure from LEGO: Star Wars was the camera and vehicular missions, hope it gets resolved with Batman & Indy.

Looks cool! I hope Mr. Freeze is in it too.

I'm hoping for Clayface.

That would be awesome.

I played and enjoyed both Lego Star Wars games, but I could not be less hyped for this or the Indy game.

Oh cool, then I presume we'll at least get all the other villains from the movies - Freeze, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Two Face.

That's what I'm hoping on. According to IGN's last little report on the game they had mentioned a possible 20, it would suck if they dropped it to just the few characters shown in the trailer.

Well in Lego Star Wars they definitely had more than 20 so I'd say it'll be similar with Lego Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"