The Wolverine Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite enjoyed the movie but the things that annoyed me is the third act and Viper. A giant robot samurai was just so uninteresting with Viper feeling too cartoony compared to the rest of the movie.

You shouldn't do that >_<

I quite enjoyed the movie but the things that annoyed me is the third act and Viper. A giant robot samurai was just so uninteresting with Viper feeling too cartoony compared to the rest of the movie.

It seems that a lot of people are having problems with the 3rd act of the film. Did it affect the ending of the movie? Can't wait to see this next week!

No, its tone and execution were different from the rest of the movie, but the way it plays out doesn't go against the themes and what was set up until then.

You shouldn't do that >_<

It seems that a lot of people are having problems with the 3rd act of the film. Did it affect the ending of the movie? Can't wait to see this next week!

The third act is no worse than anything seen in any other Marvel films such as Ironman or Avengers, not wholly original but at least it had more story relevance than, nameless aliens invade New York. Its just that what came before it was so good and actually original.

I'm seeing this tonight but I have one question.

I don't want to know how Wolverine
loses the adamantium over his claws
, but is it done well or is the reason/action pretty lame?

It can be quite a contrast when you look at what came before it. It obviously is not gonna bother other people as much but I just didn't really care for what I was seeing. Plus Viper really didn't help. Give me him against ninjas and a duel against an actual samurai any day.

It's a means to an end for what they were trying to get from him. What you think would probably depend on how you take that whole third act, which is more action/CGI/CBM-like than the rest of the film. I didn't think it was as overdone as others think.

I actually thought it was worse when they were doing the thing they did [BLACKOUT]after they 'change' his claws[/BLACKOUT]. That looked excruciating. :wow:

I personally thought it was reasonably done well

its done pretty well

Best Marvel movie ever and 2nd best cbm of this year easily. 8/10

The third act is no worse than anything seen in any other Marvel films such as Ironman or Avengers, not wholly original but at least it had more story relevance than, nameless aliens invade New York. Its just that what came before it was so good and actually original.

I went into it the first time expecting it to be problematic after what I'd heard, but I enjoyed it. When I saw it again last night, obviously paying much better attention this time (damn you, Jackman!! :argh: :oldrazz: ), and still...I was fine with it.

Obviously the tone is different from the rest of the film, but not overly so, and it was clear that they were up to something big like that when they finally got to it.

The movie as a whole was so sharp that what happens in the last 15 minutes couldn't ruin anything for me.

I have to say, it's the first movie with Wolverine where more than once, I was cringing in my seat at some of the more intense moments [BLACKOUT](the heart surgery, the post-claw thing, Wolverine after the atom bomb blast)[/BLACKOUT].

And that's awesome. :up:

It didn't ruin the movie for me but it was off putting. Like they had changed the ending or something

They do it in a way that makes sense in the context of the film. It's a bit jarring at first , but doesn't ruin anything.

There was a lot more humor in this film than I was expecting. The train sequence was both awesome and hilarious at the same time.

There was a lot more humor in this film than I was expecting. The train sequence was both awesome and hilarious at the same time.

That juke was great...

I walked in with very little expectation and I walked out pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the movie a lot and was a lot of fun to watch. I love all the explanations of the Japanese culture and it really resonated with Logan. I thought Viper was kinda lame... and I laughed pretty hard when she made that goofy hissing noise while running, but ends up getting knocked out by an arrow near the end. The acting was serviceable. Tao and Rila did a great job for having such little experience in acting and films. Tao and Hugh's chemistry was believable and didn't feel forced at all. I thought the soundtrack was really good especially during the fight with Logan and Shingen. I give the movie a a 7.5/10

That whole sequence was so much better than the trailers made it look, I think it was the fact it was done [BLACKOUT]without a score when they are fighting on the roof, you get the sense of speed and adrenalin that was kind of sucked out by the score in the trailer.[/BLACKOUT] Awesome fight.

The train sequence was awesome. Indy awesome.

And getting to see Wolverine go beserk in the train before they ended up outside was cool too. :up:

Editing was way better in the movie than in the clips they released. Which I figured would be the case.

Editing was way better in the movie than in the clips they released. Which I figured would be the case.

Yeah after seeing the trailer and the clip they released I was concerned but the final thing just plays out so well, the part where [BLACKOUT]one goon doesnt leap and gets hit by an overhead sign and the final one that Logan dives the length of the train at, you felt the impact of those, brutal.[/BLACKOUT]

Ok, just got my ticket and I'll see it in an hour.

I will be seeing film In 1 hour and a half so I will let you guys know what I think later this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"