Justice League Let's Talk Costumes?

Seeing the CA:FA costume and the Avengers costume together really shows just how stupid the Avengers costume looks to me. They went full on comic book when they should have found a more middle ground design. Looks ridiculous.

Completely agree. The first avenger costume looked way better. Ditto for thor too.

Completely agree. The first avenger costume looked way better. Ditto for thor too.

I actually liked the Thor costume from Avengers, especially when they ditched the cape and the scaly sleeves. I liked that they made the armor bit darker and dimmer so it looked more like a real armor. The first costume was just too shiny and polished that it looked more like a plastic then metal.
On the other hand I didn't like that they stopped dying his beard and eyebrows blonde so it was clear that blond isn't his real haircolor.

Thor's costume in The Avengers is hideous. Like a medieval-themed motorcycle suit.

Thor's costume wasn't as cool in The Avengers. The helmet didn't looks great but I liked Cap's costume in The Avengers.

i hated cap costume material in avengers it looked very cheap and looks like a jacket

should of gave cap a more tight fitting comic accurate chain mail look like henry's mos costume

For me, it was the helmet on caps costume. Had they even stuck with the first avenger helmet, it would have look better. Thor's costume looks better in the spy pics for the sequel because it seems they have added the chainmail on the pants. Better balance that way.

Seriously, what happened to this?

Cap_Concept_Art.jpg

I thought this was a decent compromise, still not perfect IMO, but way better than the cosplay outfit we eventually got.

Cap's costume in the avengers looked very cosplay, it was a case of when comic accurate goes bad.

That is something that has to be avoided in JL. Especially if they choose a more grounded batman costume again, the more outlandish outfits would stick out more

Cap's costume in the avengers looked very cosplay, it was a case of when comic accurate goes bad.

That is something that has to be avoided in JL. Especially if they choose a more grounded batman costume again, the more outlandish outfits would stick out more

And this is what I was talking about in the original post. It'd look like a bunch of Comic Con goers fighting aliens of they used the original costumes to the tee. There needs to be a bit of tweaking for all of them just some more than others.

I think Batman will be fine. To me, it's Flash and GL that will be the hardest.

HA #Troll

Thor's costume in The Avengers is hideous. Like a medieval-themed motorcycle suit.

I think at times it looks great but other times, not so flattering in TA. It's surprising considering the same costume designer worked on both Thor and The Avengers. The former's costumes were really sleek and beautiful, but the latter looked a bit scattershot.

pretty good cosplay. The feel of it, not necessarily the details:

original.jpg

I think for GL's costume, it should be a beautifully textured and tangible cloth/spandex mix suit. Say what you want about the F4 movies, but the suits were spot-on. A more rubberized look like MOS' or armor-like just wouldn't look right.

I've said it before, the suit should be physical and have a few points where the CGI artists could weave in the alien feel with less work.

100%. The thing about the First Avengers costume is that it had the perception of practicality to it, so you can kinda buy why he would wear it. In Avengers it doesn't even have the perception of practicality, it actually looks like a superhero costume. It's like 'What the **** are you wearing that for?'.

100%. The thing about the First Avengers costume is that it had the perception of practicality to it, so you can kinda buy why he would wear it. In Avengers it doesn't even have the perception of practicality, it actually looks like a superhero costume. It's like 'What the **** are you wearing that for?'.

Yes, i was a fan of the first avengers costume i was very impressed that they were able to take an over the top outfit that cap is known for and make it grounded and believable.

I don't know what they were thinking of for the avengers? change for the sake of it i guess?

From this:

Captain-America_510.jpg

to this?

the-avengers-chris-evans-captain-america-image.jpg

He looks like he became his geeky younger brother :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"