lets talk villains!

LaughingMage

Civilian
Reaction score
Hiya fellow Strangians,

We've got down now who's gonna play the good Doc but what about his villains? Which one should be his nemesis for this movie.

Under the assumption of a trilogy I'd go with Nightmare in the first, Mordo and the Mindless Ones in the second (working as the harbingers of Dormammu) and Mordo and Dormammu in the third.

I'd go for Baron Mordo as the villain, with Dormammu lurking in the background as the ultimate Big Bad.

Baron Mordo as a former pupil of the Ancient One, who then channels the power of Dormammu. And throw in some Mindless Ones as cannon fodder.

Baron Mordo as a former pupil of the Ancient One, who then channels the power of Dormammu. And throw in some Mindless Ones as cannon fodder.

This sounds good. Does anyone else love the Mindless Ones? I always thought they were so cool, both in name and look.

DS1 - Dormammu

DS2 - Cthon

DS3 - Shuma Gorath

DS4 - Mephisto.

/thread

This sounds good. Does anyone else love the Mindless Ones? I always thought they were so cool, both in name and look.

Hate them, they are a pain in the ass to deal with in the Marvel Alliance game :woot:

Shuma-Gorath in the sequel! #WasteOfFlesh

I see Mordo, obviously, and the Mindless Ones, with Strange thinking the whole movie that Mordo had "created" them, and then at the end of the movie they were simply on loaner, and then, ta-da, Umar. Second movie, spend time trying to beat down Umar, meet Clea, if not already done, finally victorious, and find out she is a twin, and then for movie three enter Dormammu, who wants to bring the fight to Earth.

Chthon or Shuma need a team to emphasis just how terribly powerful they are; which would be a grand way to explore Mystic Avengers, or Midnight Sons, or whatever.

Shuma-Gorath has to be in one of these movies. Maybe not the first one (too early), but how about the sequel. We are in a desperate need of more interdimensional evil gods in our lives.

Marvel, make it happen.

Last edited:

The Mindless Ones are great, but they're also tied with Dormammu. They'd be in the same movie, imo.

After reading the original Lee/Ditko Strange Tales, I have to say I was disappointed how weak the villains are overall. It's really Dormammu and Mordo. Even Nightmare isn't so good.

Am I the only one here who'd be really disappointed if Dormammu wasn't in the first film? He's too iconic to save for a sequel. Plus the Faltine are really, really important to the IP and not introducing them in the first film would feel like a waste.

I would like Dormammu mentioned, perhaps seen briefly, but I think there is too much world building to take place in this movie, along with devoting time to developing Strange's character, Mordo, Ancient One, and whomever Mads and Rachel are portraying. He should be like Thanos, the audience can judge how dangerous he is by how others describe him, (and want to stay out of his way).

The only bad really bigger than Dormammu is Shuma Gorath, and I don't know if Marvel wants to get that weird, although it is an intriguing thought.

After hearing that Mads is playing a human at odds with TAO POV, I have the wish that after he is defeated, because it wouldn't be a Marvel movie if the bad guy wins, that he becomes incorporeal, evolving into Nightmare. With the magical/spiritual aspect that Strange's movie brings out, hopefully, it would not be out of order to have him get to exist on after his body is destroyed. We would get to keep Mads for future movies, and he would be vastly more powerful, being able to haunt dreams. I just think that would be cool.

After hearing that Mads is playing a human at odds with TAO POV, I have the wish that after he is defeated, because it wouldn't be a Marvel movie if the bad guy wins, that he becomes incorporeal, evolving into Nightmare. With the magical/spiritual aspect that Strange's movie brings out, hopefully, it would not be out of order to have him get to exist on after his body is destroyed. We would get to keep Mads for future movies, and he would be vastly more powerful, being able to haunt dreams. I just think that would be cool.

I think the real question is if he's Kaluu, Tyrannus or Belasco.

Or..... you know..... maybe a guy with the initials VVD..... :cwink:

Don't torture me :hmr:
I'm going to be so disappointed with him inevitably being Kaluu, (or a renamed totally-not-Asian sorcerer version of Kaluu) he deserves better, and not to just be killed off instantly.

Marvel needs an iconic villain in the movies badly, damn you Fox! Chiwetel will be a great Mordo, but at the end of the day that character's another villain that's a clone of the hero with a different coloured costume.

Well, if those pics are any indicator, its not Doom, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"