Letters Page Inquiry; Reactions to a Circa 1993 Tale Written by Don McGregor

PB210

Civilian
Reaction score
Spider-Man #27-28 : SuperMegaMonkey : chronocomic on Don McGregor's firearm themed tale.

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #71 : SuperMegaMonkey : chronocomic

Spider-Man #27 - There's Something About a Gun! Part 1 (Issue)

Checking issues of Topps' short-lived Zorro series, Don McGregor, the writer, mentions the complications that affected his two-part arc regarding firearms in the adjectiveless series, described/reviewed at the earliest produced hyperlink above. I may have had faint memories of the title of the arc; McGregor's memoirs prompted me to inquire further. I had found a copy of Batman: Seduction of the Gun a while ago, as the March 1993 issue of the NRA's periodical, American Rifleman, around page sixty-four (64) had an article mentioning it and reproducing the cover. SOTG arrived around the time of the McGregor written tale mentioned above.

I found an article on an earlier gun control centered tale.

Spider-Man Argues For Gun Control...Nearly Forty Years Ago!

A subsequent issue, #77, arriving approximately a half year afterwards, featured letters page reactions to the Second Amendment/gun control themes in #71, including correspondence from Barbara Lautman of Handgun Control, Inc. (HCI), an organization which transitioned to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

History of Brady | Brady

登录 Facebook

https://www.c-span.org/person/?barbaralautman

Conversely, perhaps for balance, I will note that other letter writers, including at least one purporting to have joined the Buffalo Rod and Gun Club Inc. Another writer, or perhaps the same writer, to paraphrase, indicated that citizens lack the Fantastic Four for protection, and must at times avail of firearms for safety.

Does anyone recall if McGregor's two-part firearm themed tale elicited responses in the letters page of following issues? I would anticipate responses to have received publication within a few months of the McGregor issues. If you find examples of reactions to the McGregor tale, please inform me if either Second Amendment proponents and/or stricter gun control supporters replied, and if they had joined the NRA or Handgun Control, Inc., or other organizations calibrated to these disparate groups, this merism/spectrum of the situation.

Spider-Man #27 - There's Something About a Gun! Part 1 (Issue)

I will not indicate whether I strongly support the NRA, and/or that I hold the opinion that pederastic franchises have attacked firearms to help sell toys, as toy stores started to discourage toys that resemble authentic firearms circa 1994, and franchises such as the Shadow and/or the Spider that feature gun-toting adventurers merit instauration to thwart those gun-hating pedophiles shilling toys. Nor will I indicate whether or not I despise the NRA as a group of homophobes who want more powerful guns to restore the Fugitive Slave Law and undo the 13th-15th amendment.

Info on discouragement of toy guns:

Toys" R" US, Inc. v. Feinberg, 26 F. Supp. 2d 639 (S.D.N.Y. 1998)

Two Major Retailers to End Sales of Toy Guns : Merchandising: Prompted by shooting tragedies, Toys 'R' Us and Kay-Bee say they will no longer sell realistic-looking 'firearms.'

Therefore, simply indicate which issues had reactions to the McGregor two-parter in the letters page, then proceed to indicate reactions to those letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"