BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Adrian Pasdar?

adrian-pasdar.jpg

Don't know if he'd look right bald, but he'd definitely be able to act a good Lex. He was basically Lex Luthor in that future episode in Heroes S1.

Last edited:
George Clooney would make an awesome Lex imo. He's a big star with Oscar cred. He can play suave and charismatic as well as dark and cutthroat. It's not like he's out of shape either. He could convincingly play a man of wealth and intelligence. George Clooney is a man that I could see running for President. Hell, he already played a man running for President in The Ides of March.

03-30-09_george-clooney_original.jpg

ht_ides_of_march_george_clooney_thg_111006_wg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G041ho8nnZU

Last edited:

adrian-pasdar.jpg

Don't know if he'd look right bald, but he'd definitely be able to act a good Lex. He was basically Lex Luthor in that future episode in Heroes S1.

Liked him in Heroes, don't like him as Iron Man doesn't seem menacing enough.

George Clooney would make an awesome Lex imo. He's a big star with Oscar cred. He can play suave and charismatic as well as dark and cutthroat. It's not like he's out of shape either. He could convincingly play a man of wealth and intelligence. George Clooney is a man that I could see running for President. Hell, he already played a man running for President in The Ides of March.

03-30-09_george-clooney_original.jpg

ht_ides_of_march_george_clooney_thg_111006_wg.jpg

Nobody here wants Clooney to EVER go near a movie with Superheroes. much less a movie with Batman. Although, I think actors of Clooney's level should be considered for Lex Luthor though. I keep saying this but somebody A-List should play Lex, and he ideally should have the time to fit a franchise movie into their schedule. They have a really good opportunity to get a really awesome and badass Lex Luthor that fits the tone of the MOS-verse. They have the opportunity to go for quite possibly the best villain of 2015 summer blockbusters even better than Ultron or whatever Star Wars VII might give as Lex Luthor is THE villain not just in comic books but in fiction. They need to get the best kind of actor possible for the job.

Last edited:
Yeah, Lex mutilating himself doesn't work for me. He can come up with some way to frame Superman, that's actually a good idea. Bu he shouldn't go so far as to disfigure himself.

Maybe an accident. I like the idea of Lex blowing Lexcorp up as a way of covering evidence when he realizes Batman's hot on his toes, which burns his head.

I guess, I'd want Lex to feel more like "classic villain" Luthor for the sequel, while MOS2 has a manipulative and affable character with a dark double life. Basically I want MOS2 to be its own film, and WF for a sequel ;)

I hope this Luthor finally gets his Mercy and not another Kitty.

Yes, I like Mercy, though it is hard to envision a woman being any more kick-ass than Faora was in MoS.

True, if they go the Mercy route then she should be an altogether different kind of kick-ass than Faora.
An ex-CIA type who doesn't get into property destroying scraps so much as she'll quietly take care of Mr. Luthor's detractors... and make it look like suicide.

No need for an explanation of the hows and whys of Lex. Like the joker, he just is.

Last edited:
They already hinted at him in MOS with all of the Lexcorp signs, so he's clearly an established presence in Metropolis (big skyscraper, construction site, etc).

True, if they go the Mercy route then she should be an altogether different kind of kick-ass than Faora.
An ex-CIA type who doesn't get into property destroying scraps so much as she'll quietly take care of Mr. Luthor's detractors... and make it look like suicide.
I've been saying we should get Hope and Mercy as Amazons for WF. Establish that Lex knows somethings Bruce doesn't, establish a basis for Wonder Woman, and make an awesome scene where Clark realizes something's up when the 6 ft tall models around Lex are almost as strong as he is and about as skilled as Batman.

Plus, it would give whatever actor plays Luthor a chance to just let loose with an awesome monologue about why Lex is so great.

adrian-pasdar.jpg

He was good in Heroes, but I can't see him as Lex.

ok i changed my mind i now want leo as lex just seen django man was he awesome

only problem is i think he wouldn't look good bald

BILLY ZANE for lex. His character in Titanic, the selfish egocentric fiance makes me think he can play a power-hungry corrupt businessman. And I think he has the look down.

billy-zane-picture.jpg
the-deep-end20.jpg
Billy+Zane+Photo.jpg

I really think Billy Zane fits in the "has-been" category.

I will bust a gut if Snyder casts him.

what the wrong with zane? someone just suggested ryan gosling ffs

Last edited:
ok i changed my mind i now want leo as lex just seen django man was he awesome

only problem is i think he wouldn't look good bald

Same, but who knows, he might be able to keep his hair.

People only say Zane because he's bald. LOL it's a joke. He sucks and he's a has been. If he went through his entire career with hair, people would NEVER in a million years suggest him. Fanboy casting at its best.

While I think Cranston might make a great Luthor. He is not the big name actor that could bring in the GA. Like Heath Ledger go out of the box and get a truly big name...DiCaprio. At first I laughed at the idea of him playing Lex. But, the more I thought about it. It would be great casting. He can play a mid-30's corporate ceo who is horrified and annoyed that this "alien" is upstaging him in his city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"