BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy would be a great choice...

...if only he hadn't played Obidah Stane!!!

Well with Affleck as Batman, sloppy seconds from Marvel isn't totally out of the question. Plus it would've been seven years since Iron Man, more than enough time to move on.

so now we have 2 actors who'd be great as Gordon suggested for luthor : bryan Cranston and jeff bridges.

choices, choices, choices.

"Superman, have you checked out the features on the Hyundai Genesis?" I'm just not feeling Bridges. Leo, McConaughey or Brolin could all be the Lex we've been waiting for. I would even like it if McConaughey keeps the accent with Lex's public persona and then drops it when he gets really pissed.

If they do decide to feature Mercy Graves as the bodyguard/henchwoman type I would go with Gina Carano. I actually buy her more in this role than Wonder Woman. If they're giving Mercy Graves a bigger role than just a silent minion, than I would go with Rachel Nichols. I could see her going toe to toe with Affleck .

I've been a bit out of the loop -- was the Rolling Stone report of Cranston playing Lex BS? Wanted to check in with the Hype to make sure...

Cavill's ex? :hmm

Wow. Didn't know they broke up. I woulda been kinda scared to break up with her myself. Then again , if she tells you she wants out , I would probably think it would be best to not try to stop her from leaving the relationship, unless you have a good medical plan.:wow:.

I wouldn't **** with her. ..unless I got permission and health insurance, yeah :D

I've been a bit out of the loop -- was the Rolling Stone report of Cranston playing Lex BS? Wanted to check in with the Hype to make sure...

The RS article was based of Cosmic Book News, which is notorious for posting rumors as fact. The only odd things is that neither WB nor Cranston have denied it, which wouldn't have been had had only CBN reported it, but since a few major news outlets reported it as fact I'm surprised neither have commented on it.

58859L.jpg

what do you think of Eric Lettman as Lex? thoughts?

4567_400x600.jpg

This should be required reading for whoever gets the part.

4567_400x600.jpg

This should be required reading for whoever gets the part.

Whoever gets the part, this is their first priority. To read this novel. bad place, I was just reading this two days ago and I know I'm beating a dead horse with this, but I just completely pictured Joaquin Phoenix as this version of Lex. If they do use this as inspiration, then they're really gonna have to get a quality actor for the role.

I know I'm going to get rapped on the mouth for this but I finally got around to reading LL:MOS and was left pretty unimpressed overall. I think there are some really great character insights, but it's the same way I feel about Morrison's work. I have to wade through a weak narrative and too smart for it's own good plot to get those insights. Now I think the way Luthor is presented in that story is very good and it would be a good place to start for an actor doing research.

For myself I think I would add to the actor's homework the issue from Byrne's run where Luthor is presented with all the evidence that proves Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same. Luthor's world view and arrogance just wouldn't allow him to believe the absolute evidence. Brilliant stuff and a great look into the psyche of a great villain.

The other material I'd say would be a must to read is the issue of All Star Supes with Clark interviewing Lex and of course the last 2 issues of All Star. I may not love every thing Morrison has done but those last 2 issues are almost perfection (I can't say that about the other issues. That's just me.) and the exchange at the end pretty much defines my own view on Lex and Supes' little eternal dance.

"You could have saved the world a long time ago..." Near perfection.

U no like Grant and LL:MoS? I was saving up money to get married, but now I think I'll order a hit on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"