Aldren
Chang
Fred
Kolough
Silva
Benji
Henji
Menji

I'm just not a fan of seeing Hamm as Lex. I don't know what it is with him. He is just too goofy sometimes.

I know what you mean. There are times when I welcome it because it makes him seem confident, but there are times when I get a little worries that we could see glimpses of Hackman's Lex (which was perfect for the era).

Hamm's still at the top of my list, but I'm really not hellbent on anyone in particular. Rosenbaum is still my favorite portrayal, but bringing him back just isn't realistic.

Viggo
Bryan
Viggo
Bryan
Michael C. Hall

Okay, after just seeing Escape Plan, I gotta say Jim Cavizel makes a freaking awesome cool, calm sadistic psycopath.

I could get behind him as Lex :D

I wanted good ol' JC for Superman once upon a time.

To throw another name out there, I'm warming up to Jude Law a little. He isn't the stereotypical build, but he can certainly pull off the self-aware arrogance that Lex needs.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Cruise, and it'd be awesome to have him as Lex, but I doubt it. He's filming another big tentpole come February.

Michael C. Hall is another guy I could get behind as Lex.

Untitled-6-1.png

010TAT_Patrick_Wilson_010.jpg

"I've got Lois, Superman!"

-The-Ledge-patrick-wilson-33949914-853-480.png

You've grown soft. I know your effect on the world and this city. You weren't able to save many of these citizens. So why should you care about how I handle MY enemies?

Last edited:
the_great_gatsby_trailer.jpg

"I've got Lois, Superman...and a marvellous toupee. Cheers, *******"

-Michael C. Hall.
-Jon Hamm.
-Matthew McConaughey.
-Giancarlo Eposito.
-Brad Pitt.
-Josh Brolin.
-Idris Elba.
-Bryan Cranston.
-Mark Strong.
-Forest Whitaker.

Reading Superman For All Seasons, I loved the characterization of Lex.
I'd like to see some of it be used here.

He calls Metropolis his city. He helped it flourish.
Lex sees it as his playground, and he can dictate the fate of anything and anyone within it.
He basically thinks of himself as a God for everything he's done, and it's blasphemy if anyone were to go up against him.
He genuinely believes that he loves and cares deeply about Metropolis. But in reality, he only cares about his status and image, and the power it gives him.
And he'll wreak a terrible revenge on anybody who even just disrespects him and tarnishes his good name in any way.

Now imagine that characterization was used here.
An alien appears, and destroys his city. And now people are calling him their hero, and he's the saviour of Metropolis, of the world.

Would Lex appreciate that?
The only way Lex would get over it, if he were to control Superman, cast him as his property. Like SFAS.
And when that doesn't happen, Lex begins to resent the Man of Steel. Hatching a plan to rid of him, and replace his presence with creations of his own that makes Superman obsolete. Lex becomes the hero again, refilling his hurt ego.

I'd like to see this if he were to appear.

I always like the interpretation of Lex that dislikes Superman for several reasons:
1. Lex believes that Superman didn't earn his god-like power. Lex gained wealth and power through his own brilliance, cunning, ruthlessness, etc. In Lex's mind, Superman got his power because he was lucky enough to land on the right planet.
2. Lex sees Superman as a threat who is standing in the way of human progress.
3. Lex believes that with his brilliance and nearly unlimited resources, he could have solved all of humanity's problems and become it's savior, if not for that damn alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"