BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Idris Elba, Denzel Washington would be on my radar for Lex. I would freak if any of these were chosen.

I know people say OMG Elba for GL (me), for the first black Bond! But he would actually fit Lex extremely well if they're going for an African-American who is around the age of Bruce Wayne/Ben Affleck...filthy rich...powerful...a great actor...strong presence...not quite what he seems to be.

If they want someone older like Cranston, then Denzel would be phenomenal. The people who say Lex has to be white, i can understand it somewhat, but i dont share that opinion.

Idris Elba! Idris Elba!

He has like two lines in those Thor movies, I hope that doesn't prevent him from being Lex ****ing Luthor.

Denzel would be a fantastic choice as well, but this doesn't seem like the type of movie he would do.

Chiwetel Ejiofor, Idris Elba, Denzel Washington would be on my radar for Lex. I would freak if any of these were chosen.

I know people say OMG Elba for GL (me), for the first black Bond! But he would actually fit Lex extremely well if they're going for an African-American who is around the age of Bruce Wayne/Ben Affleck...filthy rich...powerful...a great actor...strong presence...not quite what he seems to be.

If they want someone older like Cranston, then Denzel would be phenomenal. The people who say Lex has to be white, i can understand it somewhat, but i dont share that opinion.

Agreed. I'm really not a Denzel fan overall so I hope it wouldn't be him. At the same time, I'm not a Costner fan and I was able to deal with that so...

I wouldn't mind Denzel.

He can be so deliciously evil and sarcastic. ..perfect for Lex. A black Rosenbaum :D

WB will want star power so I wont be surprised if we get will smith.

Denzel would be 2000% awesome and would put butts in seats!

They keep surprising me with their casting choices so I expect to be surprised again.

Denzel would be an interesting choice. Plus, he's not against playing a bad guy.

It's funny.

I like white remaining white, and black remaining black.

But Denzel is who i would really like in the role, because he's the only A-lister who I think can nail it. He has it all. Charm, sarcasm - he can be evil and mad...

I can see him working very well. He's the only one I can picture.

I'd accept Denzel , but something tells me fanboys are gonna shoot themselves in the foot again over why he can't play Lex. We've only just begun the Gadot wars...

I just have this feeling that any type of Green Lantern is just not an option for WB. Therefore we'll be getting a non-traditional Justice League. I dont think Martian Manhunter will be involved either because of the whole New 52/Cyborg stuff.

Elba is probably not able to do anything outside of Marvel. If Jaimie Alexander can't then im sure it's the same for Idris.

So will they have a black Luthor along with a black hero like Cyborg? Sure. Because Lex has nothing to do with Justice League. But they sure as hell wont have John Stewart AND Victor Stone. It's ridiculous, i know, but Hollywood is single minded with this stuff. It's as if they're thinking "OK diversity, but 1 Israeli woman, 1 African-American, etc"

Lex Luthor played by Denzel Washington sounds awesome as hell. But he's such a huge actor that i find it hard to believe. Im still thinking he'll be white and hopefully it's a big name no matter what. Zack promised the fans that Lex would be as huge of a name as Costner/Crowe. Denzel fits that and so does someone like Pitt, Damon, McConaughey, etc.

They want a black Lex Luthor? Here you go:

vin-diesel-tyrese-grammys-2013-red-carpet-02.jpg

I'm stoked.

I suggested Denzel a while back but thought he might be too old for the role.

Ejiofor and Elba are also on my list. I think Ejiofor is the best pick personally.

Denzel is my guy and Cavill is my Superman but…

They are NOT equals.

Lex and Supes are complete perfect opposites.

On the big screen Denzel would be way too good compared to Henry at this stage of his career. And for me, if they ever shared screen time (and they have to for this to be good enough to live up to their historic conflict) I would notice the imbalance and it would take me out of it. :csad:

Plus I don't know if the dialog would be good enough for DW. Goyer is not there yet.

In a perfect world this would all work out but umm… I'm not that lucky.

Denzel is my guy and Cavill is my Superman but…

They are NOT equals.

Lex and Supes are complete perfect opposites.

On the big screen Denzel would be way too good compared to Henry at this stage of his career. And for me, if they ever shared screen time (and they have to for this to be good enough to live up to their historic conflict) I would notice the imbalance and it would take me out of it. :csad:

Plus I don't know if the dialog would be good enough for DW. Goyer is not there yet.

In a perfect world this would all work out but umm… I'm not that lucky.

Cavill did fine in his scenes with crowe. Crowe>>>denzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"