BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Oscar Isaac man, but I'd be all for the awesome Corey Stoll.

Y37Fx5o_zpscf17cc93.jpg

Yeah, Stoll would work. He seriously looks like Tom Hardy's follically challenged twin brother.

Loved Stoll in House of Cards. And since we already have Michael Kelly, from that same show, as Lombardo; why not?

Snyder said it's a big name actor. So he gets canceled out.

Britney Spears. :o

Seriously though, how old do you guys want Lex to be in this?

I literally watching House of Cards right now and agree with Stoll.

Someone in another thread said Joel Edgerton who I agree would be great!

Not happening guys :funny:.

I agree that some of these guys are good picks, but we cant ignore the facts.

I'd really like to see leo in one of these. he's got nothing lined up for 2015.:cwink:

ЯɘvlveR;26487967 said:
I'd really like to see leo in one of these. he's got nothing lined up for 2015.:cwink:

Yes please! That'd be awesome! Give him his damn Oscars award and let him loosen up and do a blockbuster. :cmad:

When did Snyder say it will be a big name? As far as I'm aware he hasn't confirmed Lex in the movie

That's the thing I find funny. On this WHOLE board especially in the write-a-scene thread (including my own scenes) people think it is a dead cert that Luthor will be in the film.

He hasn't even been hinted at yet.

He's been hinted at PLENTY of times.

And im not gonna search for it again (no offense) because ive done that a couple of times already for people. It's going to be a never-ending request every 10 pages lol. He says when Lex comes in he feels it must be a big star to match the iconography of the character. Russel Crowe, Kevin Costner, Amy Adams size. It wont be anybody obscure that's for damn sure. The GA will know who it is.

Zack also said he's going to be the multi-billionaire business man version of Brad Pitt. So expect him to be a big name with good looks.

Yeah guys...Lex has clearly been hinted at.

Oh crap I forgot all about the LexCorp stuff in MoS.

I take back what I said about him not being hinted at.

Man I wished Kevin Spacey wasn't Lex in SR I would've liked him playing Lex in the MOS sequel. He's one of the best actors in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Heck I'd still take Spacey now. Especially if he plays him like he plays Underwood in House of Cards.

He's been hinted at PLENTY of times.

And im not gonna search for it again (no offense) because ive done that a couple of times already for people. It's going to be a never-ending request every 10 pages lol. He says when Lex comes in he feels it must be a big star to match the iconography of the character. Russel Crowe, Kevin Costner, Amy Adams size. It wont be anybody obscure that's for damn sure. The GA will know who it is.

Zack also said he's going to be the multi-billionaire business man version of Brad Pitt. So expect him to be a big name with good looks.
I like Snyder's thinking and I think they will be getting a known actor for Lex. They don't have to of course but two of our previous Lex's were played by Gene. Hackman and Kevin-K-Pax-Spacey. I expect the trend to continue.

I really want a Lex that's on top of his game mentally and physically. Someone younger than Hackman and Spacey's version too.

all-star_superman_lex_luthor_personality_disorder.jpg

Id like to see an actor who is around 40. Someone who doesn't look older or younger. Not Cavill's age.

Yeah around 40 sounds like a good age.

I'd like a Lex that is around 35, and I'd like him to undergo a character arc similar to Harry's in the Raimi Spider-Man films or a less compressed version of Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight:

In World's Finest Lex is introduced as a brilliant scientist, who is occasionally contracted by the US military, but is adamant that his work is used only to benefit mankind. He is shown to be a good man but a Superman sceptic, like the Lex in Earth One and Smallville. Throughout the course of the film, he is screwed by the military (perhaps they create Metallo?) and Superman exposes him to the world's media. Lex loses his credibility, maybe pulls out of the presidential race and loses several Metropolis contracts to Wayne Enterprises.

Man of Steel 2 would show that Lex sees Superman as a complete threat to humanity, much like the Luthor: Man of Steel character, but he is not a true supervilain, not on the Superman scale, not yet (think Falcone/Maroni/Dagget level, the tertiary threat). However, he still displays some characteristics of basic humanity, giving economic aid to his cleaner and such, but he is willing to kill to show Superman in a bad light. Film would end with Luthor imprisoned.

Man of Steel 3 would see Lex based on All-Star Superman, the first film where Lex is the primary villain. As the conclusion to the trilogy and Man of Steel series, the plot would also draw heavily from All-Star.

Brad Pitt.

It's just a shame he probably wouldn't cut off all of that hair -- and rumor is he's retiring from acting when he turns 50.

-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"