BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been hinted at PLENTY of times.

And im not gonna search for it again (no offense) because ive done that a couple of times already for people. It's going to be a never-ending request every 10 pages lol. He says when Lex comes in he feels it must be a big star to match the iconography of the character. Russel Crowe, Kevin Costner, Amy Adams size. It wont be anybody obscure that's for damn sure. The GA will know who it is.

Zack also said he's going to be the multi-billionaire business man version of Brad Pitt. So expect him to be a big name with good looks.

Matthew McConaughey

The sooner Mr Jolie retires the better. The moon and stars yawn when he is cast in anything these days.

Matthew McConaughey
Yup, ive been saying it for the last month and a half.

My prediction is this. Nolan's Interstellar is the key. Two actors in that movie will be cast.

Wes Bentley for Bruce Wayne. Matthew McConaughey for Lex Luthor.

Yup, ive been saying it for the last month and a half.

My prediction is this. Nolan's Interstellar is the key. Two actors in that movie will be cast.

Wes Bentley for Bruce Wayne. Matthew McConaughey for Lex Luthor.

That would be awesome. I prefer Michael C. Hall or Gosling as Luthor, but McConaughey isn't a bad choice at all. And, yes, Wes for Batman please. Yes for Wes.

I wonder if Gosling would play Luthor if he bails from this Star Wars and Zack has someone else in mind for Bats. He would only be doing like 2 films as the villain, not the lead. And both films would be spread out like 4 or 5 years from each other.

Because by the sound of Snyder's description, Lex would fit McConaughey, Gosling, Pitt (not gonna happen), Brolin (wont happen with ex wife there), Fassbender (wont play another iconic villain). Who else people? Denzel Washington for the controversial choice? There must be others I cant think of.

Remember, big names, good looking, obviously good actors.

I literally watching House of Cards right now and agree with Stoll.

Someone in another thread said Joel Edgerton who I agree would be great!

That was me. I'm glad someone else likes the suggestion! And even though Edgerton isn't a megastar yet, I think he's enough of a name that they would consider him.

my picks for Lex

Josh Brolin
josh_brolin.jpg

Liev Schreiber
liev_schreiber-2011-a-p.jpg

If only Ed Harris or Viggo were about 10 plus years younger or so. Hmm.....

Indeed. I think he could also do well as the older, silver-haired Commissioner Gordon.

That Brolin pic really makes me rethink him as Lex. Hmm...

I wonder if Gosling would play Luthor if he bails from this Star Wars and Zack has someone else in mind for Bats. He would only be doing like 2 films as the villain, not the lead. And both films would be spread out like 4 or 5 years from each other.

Because by the sound of Snyder's description, Lex would fit McConaughey, Gosling, Pitt (not gonna happen), Brolin (wont happen with ex wife there), Fassbender (wont play another iconic villain). Who else people? Denzel Washington for the controversial choice? There must be others I cant think of.

Remember, big names, good looking, obviously good actors.

Leo, Damon, Joaquin, Depp, Vin Diesel...

I am reading Red Son at the moment...I have to say that although Dr. Lex Luthor is good in that story, I'd rather they stick to having a rich intellectual genius of a villain who is a bit of a playboy.

Not the psychotic doc

I think my top 3 are:

1) Josh Brolin
2) Matt Damon
3) Denzel Washington (though I'd rather he play Two-Face)

I'm still going with my random Matt Damon pick. I think he'd be good and be the A-List name the role really needs IMO.

That pic of Brolin really reminds me of Lex from STAS. That's exactly the type of Lex that I want, so he's just taken the top spot for me.

I would love Brolin but it wont happen since Diane Lane is there.

Michael C Hall is finished Dexter this year, so that's a good opportunity.

McConaughey still feels like the guy for the role. Im betting on him.

I cant see Dicaprio or Pitt being approached for this kind of thing. Maybe Leo but I doubt he'd take it. There's better choices.

Jon Hamm. Denzel Washington (too old? too controversial for certain people?). Matt Damon feels like it could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"