BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... well, given WB's track record, it's quite possible that they'll target a recent award nominee for the role. I took a look at some of the more recent Oscar noms.

How about John Hawkes as Lex? I've only seen him in a couple films (Winter's Bone, Martha Marcy May Marlene) but damn is he good.

Let's go right to the top guys.

Daniel Day-Lewis!

DanielDayL_Grani_981830_400.jpg

That's if we are going the route of Lex being in his 40s.

Let's go right to the top guys.

Daniel Day-Lewis!

DanielDayL_Grani_981830_400.jpg

That's if we are going the route of Lex being in his 40s.

Yeah, I am sure that would be no problem getting him for the role. As great as he is, which is ridiculous. I hope Lex is younger.

Yeah, I am sure that would be no problem getting him for the role. As great as he is, which is ridiculous. I hope Lex is younger.

Well according to this video and other reports, they said that Snyder envisions Lex Luthor as a cross between Richard Branson and Brad Pitt, this kind of gives me the impression of that he want Lex to be an established and successful business man in his 40s.

[YT]m7k8sHuRGbc[/YT]

I don¨t know how he'll look but if they'll cast Damon, Leo, McConaughey or Phoenix... I'll be damn happy!

You think Daniel Day-Lewis will do a comic book movie? I...no. Daniel Day-Lewis takes like one movie ever couple of years. He wouldn't stick to a franchise like Superman, even if they paid him a hundred million dollars. The guy is highly selective.

I can see DiCaprio taking the role, or Mark Strong, or Cumberpatch--but Daniel Day-Lewis? Nope. Not happening.

You think Daniel Day-Lewis will do a comic book movie? I...no. Daniel Day-Lewis takes like one movie ever couple of years. He wouldn't stick to a franchise like Superman, even if they paid him a hundred million dollars. The guy is highly selective.

I can see DiCaprio taking the role, or Mark Strong, or Cumberpatch--but Daniel Day-Lewis? Nope. Not happening.

Ok, but someone really high up on the A-list, Oscar winner is preferable. Lex Luthor is an iconic villain and should be played by a big iconic actor. Heath Ledger and The Joker proved that. This idea MUST be carried over.

my top 2 choices are down to

Josh Brolin and Matthew McConaughey both would be great
c72ca__josh-brolin-photograph.jpg

blog151211_matt1.jpg

It's a shame they wasted Kevin Spacey in the Superman Returns movie because I think he could be a pretty awesome Lex with the right script.

Given Man of Steel, I think Lex need to be a similar age. Zod was already the much older guy. Lex to me in Man of Steel should be the younger guy who rebuild metropolis and stands apart from this young alien. And older man implies the end of life while a younger one implies the start of a new age.

The obvious choice for me would be Mark Strong- a pity he has played almost every villain not played by Benedict Cumberbatch in the last seven years.

lex should be the dictator of a pwwrful ficticous country this time around. a country that wants to harm theU.S

We already have a Lex Luthor casting thread.

lex should be the dictator of a pwwrful ficticous country this time around. a country that wants to harm theU.S

That's not Lex, though, and I don't see why the story should be confined to a narrow, parochial American perspective. Superman is either personal or global, nationalism is unwelcome.

Wow he never even crossed my mind, I'd be down for that

Scott Weinberg (critic) just suggested something on Twitter that could be interesting...

Lex Luthor as a woman.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd rather them get a very talented, but not overly famous actor over a big Hollywood "name". Turned out well in the case of Micheal Shannon. I'm sure Damon or Phoenix would do a good job, but I'd rather see somebody like Damian Lewis, Johnny Lee Miller, or Michael C. Hall. Also, I wish people would stop only suggesting actors who are bald already. Be more creative.

You mean him and Billy zane right?

I love Cranston but i'm sure a lot of people are just bringing him up due to the bald thing he has experience with (easier to manip right?).

For Lex i'd like to see an actor cast that is as unlikely an obvious pick as Heath ledger was for the joker, just to shake things up.

for me Matthew McConaughey is that guy:yay: much like ledger who before tdk has star studding performances like broke back mountain which got him nominated and Candy with abbie cornish he was on the rise

matthew has been on the rise with movie after movie and performance after performance since 2011 with Lincoln lawyer,Bernie,killer joe,magic mike,paperboy,mud and now he has chris nolan's interstellar

matthew is good looking guy and can easily make the audience and public buy him as the good guy on the surface with how charming and likeable he is and as killer joe showed he can be downright viscous
matthew_mcconaughey-killer-joe.jpg

drchs7.jpg

blog151211_matt1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija