Liam Neeson is Philip Marlowe

DarkKnight88

Avenger
Reaction score
Taken star Liam Neeson is set to lead the noir thriller about Raymond Chandler’s iconic detective Philip Marlowe with Oscar-winner Neil Jordan (The Crying Game) directing Oscar-winner William Monahan’s (The Departed) script.

The project has a great premise, one that Neeson could excel in. Based on the novel The Black-Eyed Blonde, the 1950’s-set film will see private detective Marlowe (Neeson) hired to find the ex-lover of a glamorous heiress. Initially it looks an open and shut case, but Marlowe soon finds himself in the underbelly of Hollywood’s film industry and unwittingly drawn into the crossfire of a legendary Hollywood actress and her subversive, ambitious daughter.

Liam Neeson Philip Marlowe Movie Set To Heat Up Cannes Market – Deadline

Humphrey Bogart is still the ultimate Philip Marlowe in The Big Sleep directed by Howard Hawks, but I particularly love the Elliot Gould version in The Long Goodbye directed by Robert Altman.

Philip Marlowe - Wikipedia

Oh, wow this actually has some promise.

That'll be interesting. Neeson wouldn't have leapt to my mind. Bogart is, as you say, the ultimate Marlowe (but then Bogart's the ultimate of any role :yay:). This one will really depend on the trailers for me, seeing how Neeson delivers his lines.

Can Neeson do an American accent? :funny:

I'm up for this. Always enjoyed the James Garner film, and Bruce Lee's cameo role. :hehe:

It may be asking too much, but given the time and setting, if this can give me the feel of say Chinatown, L.A. Confidential and the L.A. Noire video game, I'm down. :up:

After A Walk Among Tombstones I’m very happy to see Neeson in Detective Noir.

Neeson... kinda pulled off an American accent in The A-Team. It was shaky but I liked him as Hannibal. God, I wish that hadn’t been such a crappy movie overall. The cast was solid.

Neeson... kinda pulled off an American accent in The A-Team. It was shaky but I liked him as Hannibal. God, I wish that hadn’t been such a crappy movie overall. The cast was solid.
I feel your pain.
I, too still feel the wound from that one!

fp_702255_27515.jpg

Liam Neeson’s ‘Marlowe’ Gets December Release Date In Open Road Deal – Deadline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"