Liev Schreiber is Showtime's Ray Donovan

I must say... seeing Bunchy as a luchador was freaking hilarious. I still can't stand Maria though, or whatever his wife's name is.

We keep talking about Abby... but how about Ray getting arrested and getting counseling for beating the hell out of Mickey and Terry...

I must say... seeing Bunchy as a luchador was freaking hilarious. I still can't stand Maria though, or whatever his wife's name is.

We keep talking about Abby... but how about Ray getting arrested and getting counseling for beating the hell out of Mickey and Terry...

Bunchy is always good for some good hearted laughs. :p

Finally watched the episode and like you guys I'm emotionally drained. I'm really going to miss Abby. It's going to be an interesting season. I agree with Matt that this is definitely one of the best shows on tv and underrated. At least the Emmys show respect for Liev's performance and Jon's too.

Finally watched the episode and like you guys I'm emotionally drained. I'm really going to miss Abby. It's going to be an interesting season. I agree with Matt that this is definitely one of the best shows on tv and underrated. At least the Emmys show respect for Liev's performance and Jon's too.

The first season was great.

Then it started getting outlandish and too "mafia" oriented, but finally pulled itself back together towards the latter half of last season. The show needs to get back to its true "fixer" roots.

The second season was the worst. :( Then it got much better again, so I just pretend it never really happened. :p

I agree about getting back to the fixer roots but I still enjoyed those past seasons. Some more than others.

Yes, I LOVED the first season. I'm a sucker for the BTS world of Hollywood stories. The first season was like the darker and more serious cousin of Entourage and I loved that.

So Abby is
going crazy and is hearing and seeing things. Suicide does sound more and more likely. I had to laugh though when Ray was like "Please stop that" when she was having a seizure. Seriously? That's how you react when one is having a seizure? :funny:

Last edited:
"hey calm the **** down and stop drooling!"

he may as well tell gunshot victims to stop bleeding.

bridgette stop being a girl!

Mick get younger!

Daryll stop being a black man!

Bunchy become useful!

all things that can't happen.

So Abby is
going crazy and is hearing and seeing things. Suicide does sound more and more likely. I had to laugh though when Ray was like "Please stop that" when she was having a seizure. Seriously? That's how you react when one is having a seizure? :funny:

Ray was just outright scared when he said that. :( I don't think suicide so much now as brain cancer. She seized again and died perhaps.

I'm not going to spoiler tag this cause i honestly have no idea if its true... To me, Ray's reaction walking into the bedroom and finding Abby dead is either 1. suicide... or 2. she was murdered by someone out of revenge.

i mean there's no other reasoning in hiding the fact she died of cancer if thats how it happened... theres nothing shocking about him walking in on that.

Maybe it's a kind of dementia like Robin Williams had. He felt so wrong in his own body that he opted out. :(

Hmmm... For now, I don't think it's murder. My guess is she was losing her mind and killed herself (maybe to silence the voices or something).

I don't think Abby is going crazy. Hearing buzzing sounds is common for someone with a brain tumor. Further, seizures are usually one of the first symptoms/warning signs of a brain tumor. I think the hearing noises followed by the seizure likely indicates that the cancer has returned and spread to her brain. We know she relapsed as the kid Bridget was talking to last week knew her from a stay Abby had at Sloan Kettering, the country's top cancer hospital (the kid asked Bridget how her mom was doing). My guess is Abby has brain cancer which becomes untreatable and Abby takes her own life rather than force her family to suffer through a slow death.

Last edited:
"hey calm the **** down and stop drooling!"

he may as well tell gunshot victims to stop bleeding.

bridgette stop being a girl!

Mick get younger!

Daryll stop being a black man!

Bunchy become useful!

all things that can't happen.

I felt awful for Ray. To watch the person he described 20 minutes earlier as his best friend, laying on the ground having a seizure, and him being absolutely helpless to stop it...lord, it was devastating. Schreiber is playing it so well though, both the grieving and the flashbacks. You can really see just how much Abby meant to Ray, and that makes the future scenes hit so much harder. Plus the nonlinear story telling actually works well, as it lets Schreiber play both angles simultaneously but also makes the emotional punch so much heavier for the audience as one minute Abby is a energetic and smiling and happy...and the next we've fast forwarded a few months and she's dead. It makes this season so difficult to watch, but also so damn good.

Yeah, I'm calling this the sad season. I just feel so bad for everyone. Hope the season ends on a more cheerful note. :(

I'm starting to call this the BAD season... it's getting incredibly boring.

I still find it overly depressing. :(

Its definitely depressing, but I think it is a great exploration of the character Ray. I am loving this season. Yes, its a slow burn. But every season of Ray Donovan has been.

NOW we're getting somewhere.

It's still an emotionally bummer season. It's not that I don't like it, it's just depressing as all get out, lol.

yea it's sad... but Ray going pissed off mode and beating down Avi was something.. going to lead into him beating up Mick and Terry.... and Abby actually did [BLACKOUT]commit suicide[/BLACKOUT]... crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"