BvS Likely Deductions About Who'll Be Cast as the Next Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is 30% of the role right there. :o

Anyway, I honestly think Bomer or Manganiello types are more likely, but who knows who Snyder has in mind now. Jake Gyllenhaal may actually get it since it was between him and Bale last time.
lol "30% of the role." Listen I'm not going to lie I do want a really hot guy to play the role just not any hot guy. I don't see Jake G getting it and I certainly hope he doesn't. I think that he is totally wrong for the role. That just feels like a Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern kind of choice. Lazy.

How dare you call Goyer's choice, 'lazy'. ;):p

I agree though. I like Jake, it's the eyes, but I don't think he's Batman. I really have no horse in this race as of now. I wish I did, though.

How dare you call Goyer's choice, 'lazy'. ;):p

I agree though. I like Jake, it's the eyes, but I don't think he's Batman. I really have no horse in this race as of now. I wish I did, though.
Oh Goyer, such an interesting fellow with apparent bad taste in casting Batman actors. My problem with Jake is that I don't think he can pull off being an action star. He was utterly lost and failed to have the necessary screen presence for an action star in Prince of Persia. Not a great movie but a professional one in which every actor did their job well but him. I like Jake but I don't think he is a convincing action star in giant films. He is hot though.

I don't have a pick, I just decide if like or dislike other people's suggestions. Good luck to Warners and Snyder casting this role because I think it's hard to cast. I have a feeling that they are gonna pick a totally out of left field actor and I would accept it unless I dislike the actor.

Jon Ham is just damn perfect. Look at him:
e363b46978f80db8.JPG

Also like Fassbender for the part.

PS: Peter Dinklage would have been perfect if he was normal size. :(

Id like to know what films you've seen him in.
Gangster Squad
Drive
Remember the Titans
Ides of March
Crazy Stupid Love
Fracture
Murder by the Numbers

In none of those movies has he convinced me he can carry a billion dollar franchise, sorry.

Well, he's an interesting case. Notebook paved the way for him in terms of being likeable by the mainstream. Especially women. He's leading man material but he chooses odd projects that may not make a lot of money.

At least for his acting ability, you seriously need to watch The Place Beyond The Pines, Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl and Half Nelson. I believe those are his best roles he's ever done in his career, even though im a massive Drive fan, his quiet performance is underrated and great but he's servicing an art film first & foremost.

Perhaps, but I can typically see if an actor has the presence to take on these bigger roles. I was wrong about RDJ, but I knew Evans, Cavill, Hemsworth, and Daniel Craig(Bale was a given) would be great in their franchise roles. I think I've seen enough to know that Gosling, while a really good actor, just isn't right for Batman.

I think the casting for these roles has been good for the most part and I expect Warners and Snyder to try and get the right person, not just go after some semi name or get an actor just because he is attractive.

If Evans can carry a franchise and Gosling can't then my whole life is a dream. That doesn't really make any sense. Gosling has more appeal and better abilities than that block of wood. But if Ryan cant carry a franchise, it's not because he can't, it's because he chooses not to participate as a lead in one of those movies.

I've said this before many times but Gosling has been very vocal about not having any interest in large franchises especially comic book movies.

I think that Evans is an underrated actor and I love him as Captain America. Block of wood my ash.

If Evans can carry a franchise and Gosling can't then my whole life is a dream. That doesn't really make any sense. Gosling has more appeal and better abilities than that block of wood. But if Ryan cant carry a franchise, it's not because he can't, it's because he chooses not to participate as a lead in one of those movies.
That's fine if you feel that way, but Evans has more screen presence than you give him credit for. He has always popped on the screen and is in the same league as Gosling as an actor.

I have yet to see Evans do anything to prove he's on par with Gosling but I think he's a good actor and a great Captain America.

I feel if you put Evans in any Gosling role you would get close to the same result, better or worse depending on the role.

I wonder if WB will take a look at Josh Hartnett. He was once a candidate for Superman.

I feel if you put Evans in any Gosling role you would get close to the same result, better or worse depending on the role.
:doh: This is because you have a false idea of who he is as an actor. Because you've listed the movies you've seen him in and you haven't seen his best work. Evans is a block of wood in comparison. Gosling (if one has seen all his movies) is close enough to be on par with the likes of Bale and Fassbender. And do not underestimate an actors ability to go from talkative, charismatic, etc to downright quiet and only acting through looks and facial expressions. It's something extremely overlooked and shows true acting. Like Deniro in Jackie Brown. When an actor has done loud performances with lots of monologue then can play such an introverted character, it speaks volumes. Gosling has done this internal acting in Drive and Only God Forgives and it is something that would fit like a glove with private Bruce Wayne.

Evans is decent but he's not on the same level. There's something forced about Evans when it comes to emotion. There's something very natural with Gosling, especially when he works with Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine, Place Beyond The Pines) where it feels like you're watching a documentary.

Gosling seems to be a better fit for The Flash to me.

:doh: This is because you have a false idea of who he is as an actor. Because you've listed the movies you've seen him in and you haven't seen his best work. Evans is a block of wood in comparison. Gosling (if one has seen all his movies) is close enough to be on par with the likes of Bale and Fassbender. And do not underestimate an actors ability to go from talkative, charismatic, etc to downright quiet and only acting through looks and facial expressions. It's something extremely overlooked and shows true acting. Like Deniro in Jackie Brown. When an actor has done loud performances with lots of monologue then can play such an introverted character, it speaks volumes. Gosling has done this internal acting in Drive and Only God Forgives and it is something that would fit like a glove with private Bruce Wayne.

Evans is decent but he's not on the same level. There's something forced about Evans when it comes to emotion. There's something very natural with Gosling, especially when he works with Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine, Place Beyond The Pines) where it feels like you're watching a documentary.
Dude, attempting to attack my knowledge of acting ability does nothing. You're no better judge of it than me just because you like someone more than me. You can bring up all the examples you want (Deniro's performance in Jackie Brown is my 3rd favorite of his) but it's just opinion in the end. I believe Evans has that extra gear necessary to transition to blockbuster movies, Gosling does not.

Last edited:
I wasn't attacking your knowledge of acting, I should have been more clear with that part, I was actually speaking in general. But for everything else I said about Gosling and Evans, I stick by. You cant completely judge Gosling only on the films you've listed. You get an idea, but his best work is actually hidden.

Evans may be more open to the blockbuster so yeah, but as an actor he's just not on the level. Sorry.

Gosling seems to be a better fit for The Flash to me.
I agree that he's a great fit for Flash. On the surface it's a perfect match. But I believe he has more interest in darker or personal or dynamic roles (most of the time) so I think he would not only be more interested in Batman but I think he would dig deep and do something awesome for it. But yeah Flash is the obvious link to Gosling.

It's too bad they cant go a little older for Bruce. Because I would have Cavill for Supes, Hamm for Bats, Gosling for Flash.

I think Batman should be older than Superman. Batman isn't stronger than Superman, so he needs to be older and wiser than him. Batman needs to have a moral superiority over Superman and that only comes with age.

I presume the sequel won't ignore the fact that Superman killed thousands of people and Batman, as a result, thinks he's dangerous and wants to stop him.

A Batman the same age as Superman wont have the requisite experience to tackle Superman.

We're getting Batman v Superman in 2015, Justice League in 2017, and the earliest another Batman film could come about is 2019.

I think the 2019 Batman film could be based on The Dark Knight returns. This would call for an older Batman.

That's why I think Jon Hamm, David Boreanaz and Karl Urban are actually suitable for the role age-wise.

They all look the part, they all have the physique of Batman, they are all humorous (good god this film will need some) and they are charming and charismatic. They would be excellent Bruce Waynes as well as Batman.

We've never seen an older and wiser Batman on film. I'd like them to explore that. We've had Nolan's excellent work - but now I want something new and fresh. What I DO NOT WANT is a pretty boy MTV Batman.

My concern is that they will go for a pretty Bruce Wayne as opposed to a masculine Bruce to get the female audience.

And in terms of Jon Hamm, David Boreanaz and Karl Urban's ages - here's a thought... Robert Downey Junior was 43 in the first Iron Man film. He's 48 now. You wouldn't think it.

Yeah. There might be some nods to the last half of Dark Knight Returns in this Batman vs Superman movie. But the future solo films wont take influence from it. There were already a lot in Rises.

I'm a huge Fassbender fan (he's from just down the road where I grew up in Kerry) - but I don't see him as Bruce Wayne or Batman. He's too lean.

I hope beyond hope he's the new James Bond though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"