Justice League Line-Up?

No, you are missing the point. It's not only the audience that need to get to know the new, fantastical characters, it's most of all the people IN the movie. Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cpt. A were all familiar, to some degree, to many of the characters in the films.SHIELD had files on them all, and in that way bound the film together.

Of course, they could go the way with superheroes not being a new phenomenon, and many of them already being know, but I'd dislike that. I feel like origin stories are needed.

That doesn't matter to people who only viewed Avengers, which is the majority of the audience, it only matters to people who viewed every film, which was around 1/5 of Avengers audience. The Avengers, as a standalone film itself, still makes sense, it wouldn't be a good film if it didn't.

Justice League can work the same way.

You may feel origin stories are necessary, but clearly the GA doesn't.

And even then, there's no reason a character's spin-off can't be a prequel.

Exactly!!! Im thinking thats how things might end up.

A solo Aquaman movie would let me die a happy man

Edguy your idea doesnt make sense. Why would WB risk 150 million + on a character that is often perceived as a joke. Llama Shepards point makes perfect sense.

Introduce the character in JL with a couple lines of dialogue explaining his backstory and no one will bat an eye.

Most people hadnt seen the solo movies before the Avengers think about how much more TA made than the solo films. So clearly the general audience has no problem accepting new superheroes without knowing their origins.

League of Extraordinary, while getting mixed reviews, introduced a whole team of heroes with barely any explanation of their origins. The same can be done with JL its so simple....

Introduce the character in JL then expand off of that if the character becomes popular after the release of JL

I never said it was a good idea to make an Aquaman film, just that he would need it. And you are still missing the point. Even though much of the audience might not have been familiar with several characters, the people in the film were. IE the film doesn't have to spend much time explaining stuff. We had that scene with Thor, Loki, Steven av Tony in TA, how good would that scene have been if no-one had ever seen Thor before? It's not about the audience buying the new characters, it's about the audience buying the characters' reaction to other characters.

And to address another point; if you are seeking to satisfying the GA, then at least half of them would be happy with anything as long as there are fancy action scenes, hot chicks and cheesy one liners. Lots of people likes the Expendables, Trasformers and Fantastic Four. The Avengers actually worked as a movie, IE it satisfied more than that crowd. Hence the huge success.

Last edited:
I never said it was a good idea to make an Aquaman film, just that he would need it. And you are still missing the point. Even though much of the audience might not have been familiar with several characters, the people in the film were. IE the film doesn't have to spend much time explaining stuff. We had that scene with Thor, Loki, Steven av Tony in TA, how good would that scene have been if no-one had ever seen Thor before? It's not about the audience buying the new characters, it's about the audience buying the characters' reaction to other characters.

But most of the people who had seen Avengers hadn't seen all the lead in films. As far as they are concerned, they don't exist. In fact, I'd bet that most people would just think that they missed films (WW, Flash) when they were released, and assume it's working the same way as Avengers.

Hence, Justice League can do the same.

And to address another point; if you are seeking to satisfying the GA, then at least half of them would be happy with anything as long as there are fancy action scenes, hot chicks and cheesy one liners. Lots of people likes the Expendables, Trasformers and Fantastic Four. The Avengers actually worked as a movie, IE it satisfied more than that crowd. Hence the huge success.
Did it really though? In terms of story I'll admit that it was better than Transformers (Expendables and FF are not major successes). But despite being the first cinematic superhero crossover, it "only" made roughly an extra 20% on Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It was really the massive anticipation that helped it, same for The Dark Knight back in '08.

I think whether we like it or not, the new 52 line-up seems like the way DC/WB will go for the movie. JL is the flagship comic for DC so why wouldn't they want to showcase that team. They already introduced Hal, Barry, and Cyborg in the DCAU with the new direct -to-dvd films. While the original seven with Wally and Jon are my personal pick, I love the Justice League in almost all its main forms( from the original, to Morrison's line-up, Cartoon Network, and the 52). So, I wouldn't mind the 52 line-up for the movie. It definitely means that they would cast younger, maybe noone over 35.

My pick:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Flash (Barry)

Aquaman and J'onn should be saved for the sequel.

My pick:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Flash (Barry)

Aquaman and J'onn should be saved for the sequel.
icon14.gif

No. This film is taking longer than average to be produced. The only problem with 2015 is potentially going up against the most anticipated film of that year, Star Wars.

With two successfull movies coming out the same year avengers and star wars. It will be logical decision to wait till 2016 for a justice league movie to be release. From what we have been seeing thus far is that nothing has been mention as far as cast and director. We won't no for sure untill after man of steel run at the theatre if it's a mega hit then we should here more about the justice league.

With two successfull movies coming out the same year avengers and star wars. It will be logical decision to wait till 2016 for a justice league movie to be release. From what we have been seeing thus far is that nothing has been mention as far as cast and director. We won't no for sure untill after man of steel run at the theatre if it's a mega hit then we should here more about the justice league.

Unless WB want the Christmas spot.

That's not what I meant. What meant to say should they have solo films to first to build up to it like the avengers did.

Well then still no.

I want Aquaman and J'onn in the first movie, but if they aren't I want this.
521859_298023243640949_996067811_n.jpg

I want Aquaman and J'onn in the first movie, but if they aren't I want this.
521859_298023243640949_996067811_n.jpg
That exactly. I don't know why some are against seeing Aquaman in Justice League, he's awesome

250048-139561-aquaman_super.jpg

Me three but from what I can tell there are a lot of signs pointing to a 5 hero lineup with the big three and GL & Flash. Without leadup, this may be a better idea since they'll definitely have to explore the origins of the heroes without recent mainstream movies (Wondy, Flash, etc.) and the fewer characters you have to explain the beginnings of, the faster they can move the plot along which might be what they want to try and do. I don't want this, but it'll most likely happen.

It doesn't require a massive amount of dialogue to explain a characters beginnings. In Avengers it was:

Iron Man-
"I thought I didn't qualify, what was it? Self Destructive, doesn't work well with others.
"I've got shrapnel, trying to inch its way into my heart. This little circle of light, stops it."
"Remind me Stark, how was it you made your fortune again?"
"Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist."

Captain America-
His flashbacks, obviously.
"Everything special about you came out of a bottle."
"He was trying to recreate the formula that created you. You were the world's first superhero."
"I've slept for 70 years sir."
"Doing time as a capsicle"

Hulk-
"He was trying to recreate the formula that created you"
"So you're saying the Hulk saved me?"
"I put a bullet in my head and the other guy spat it out."
"I don't every time get what I want. How did you find me?"

Thor-
"We played together."
"He is of Asgard. And he is my brother."
"These guys are practically gods."

Black Widow-
"I've got red in my ledger."
"Barton made another call."
Loki exposing her secrets.

Hawkeye-
"You and I remember Budapest very differently."
"Barton made another call."

The same references can be put in a Justice League film.

It could, but it would be lacking. A lead-up film for all but Batman would be ideal.

I guess.

Seems like we are ruling out this movie being LOTR length lol.

^ I would love that. The Justice League's big screen debute should be an epic, just like LOTR! Btw, I'm okay with the new 52 line-up or even just the big five( but then I would want Wally and Jon).

I want Aquaman and MM in this so bad :(
Me three but from what I can tell there are a lot of signs pointing to a 5 hero lineup with the big three and GL & Flash. Without leadup, this may be a better idea since they'll definitely have to explore the origins of the heroes without recent mainstream movies (Wondy, Flash, etc.) and the fewer characters you have to explain the beginnings of, the faster they can move the plot along which might be what they want to try and do. I don't want this, but it'll most likely happen.

justice_league_by_nigelhalsey-d5kfgwp.jpg

Superman image by IFRIEDRICE
Batman image property of WARNER BROS.
Wonder Woman (Gemma Arterton from HANSEL and GRETEL poster) costume elements coming from a JOSHMC original WW art.
Flash (Bradley Cooper) image from JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES
Green Lantern from GL: RISE OF THE MANHUNTERS
Martian Manhunter by MATTIAS FAHLBERG
Aquaman (Gerard Butler) by JOHN WILLIAM CROSSLAND (Trident by Alex Ross)

Last edited:
IMHO they should focus on Superman, WW, Aquaman, Green Lantern and the Flash.Batman should be used sparringly. Why? Because he works best in gthe shadows and alone. He's also had films that focus on him, so this movie really needs to focus on establishing and building up the other characters.

And I wish more of these films would use the LOTR template. I've been saying this forever. One franchise that really could benefit from this approach is X-Men. Give us a 2 part film with the second a year after the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"