Justice League Line-Up?

Agreed, no big name stars as JL members, that is why I don't want Ryan Gosling as Flash.

Agreed, no big name stars as JL members, that is why I don't want Ryan Gosling as Flash.

I don't mind a big name for Batman, as that would be the only appropriate member to have a big star attached. Also, I don't think Ryan Gosling is quite as big a star as Will Smith. Gosling doesn't have a bunch of blockbusters under his belt or several hit records in his discography. Not that I want him for Flash, but just saying that he's not quite a superstar like Smith, who would undoubtedly get top billing if he were in JL as Green Lantern.

Just no to Will Smith as Green Lantern.

I say Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman (or Martian Manhunter).

There's no reason why the Movie couldn't have the big 7. The Justice League cartoon managed to introduce 7 characters, giving us a reason for their formation, a little backstory on the threat that was endangering earth and wrapped it all up in 60 minutes. Why wouldn't a Movie, that will at least last 2 hours, be able to accomplish the same?

There's no reason why the Movie couldn't have the big 7. The Justice League cartoon managed to introduce 7 characters, giving us a reason for their formation, a little backstory on the threat that was endangering earth and wrapped it all up in 60 minutes. Why wouldn't a Movie, that will at least last 2 hours, be able to accomplish the same?

Of course, Superman and Batman were already introduced in their own cartoons. But yes, they could expand upon the JL cartoon pilot episode and use that as the template for the movie. Not sure if I'm too keen on the alien threat though as the basis for their formation.

PLease no Will Smith. Love the guy but not for GL.

I really don't think we need to see Martian Manhunter just yet. I dont even want Aquaman right away quite honestly. I wont complain if it happens, as long as they make him on par with the others, but he could be used as great sequel bait.

Why do people think Green Lantern would suddenly be succesful if he's a black guy over a new white guy?

John's more often than not a boring, depressing character. I'd rather they use Alan Scott before John.

Nobody thinks he can "suddenly" be more successful. It's just that anything but Hal Jordan (whom whether u get Reynolds or another actor they're going to want that look and humor attached) is going to be better received. John Stewart adds up. He was the plan originally. They went with a different plan and it backfired. Now they should go back to that original JLA black Green Lantern plan. It's a different character, it's an evolution, you dont HAVE to make him so serious all the time. The man can have a bit of humor but just don't make it his calling card.

One thing i dont want is for them to model everything after the Avengers lineup. Hal Jordan as the Tony Stark, Aquaman as the Thor of the group, WW as the Black Widow, Superman as the Captain America, Martian Manhunter in the smaller Nick Fury or Hawkeye role, etc.

You need to have diversity but you dont NEED to have a complete Stark like character. It oozes out of Reynolds, and i just dont want it near JLA.

I'd say go with the super seven, although maybe to up the stakes have Hal get knocked out of commission, at which point John Stewart takes over for him for the rest of the movie.

Why do people think Green Lantern would suddenly be succesful if he's a black guy over a new white guy?

John's more often than not a boring, depressing character. I'd rather they use Alan Scott before John.

Because it's an extreme departure from the Ryan Reynolds version.

I'm a fan of Hal Jordan first and in the perfect world, I'd want a rebooted Hal in this movie.

But I think it's just easier for Warners to appeal to the diversity mandate and reinvent Green Lantern drastically, cutting all ties to the RR film, by going with John Stewart.

Someone else mentioned earlier that they could bring in another Black character instead, like Cyborg. It's certainly possible... but the fans wouldn't be too happy.

Because it's an extreme departure from the Ryan Reynolds version.

I'm a fan of Hal Jordan first and in the perfect world, I'd want a rebooted Hal in this movie.

But I think it's just easier for Warners to appeal to the diversity mandate and reinvent Green Lantern drastically, cutting all ties to the RR film, by going with John Stewart.

Someone else mentioned earlier that they could bring in another Black character instead, like Cyborg. It's certainly possible... but the fans wouldn't be too happy.

Cyborg is boring. He's like a 3rd or 4th tier character if even that, who would seem like something they'd have for a TV Justice League (like in Smallville or that other Justice League pilot) because they can't use the bigger characters. There are plenty more characters who could be in his place first before having to resort to the likes of him.

I am now somewhat alright with Ryan Gosling as Flash, earlier I was not convinced about him.

Here is one great Line up.

2e3svhu.jpg

do people really get confused when they recast characters? i mean when i was growing up, the transition from batman returns to batman forever wasn't "confusing" - to me, it was just a different movie by a different director.

didn't zack snyder say he wanted superman to be the only hero in his movie (like nolan's batman) anyway? i'd rather not have him shoe-horned in the JL movie just for continuity's sake - what if it doesn't fit with snyder's vision of the character?

while marvel made a line of movies all with the same tone, in the same universe, i don't see why DC couldn't just use different versions of the same character in different movies. if they can develop the characters in watchmen without having a solo rorschach movie, then they can do it with justice league. hate on that movie all you want, but to me, it shows that you can have multiple costumed heroes in one movie without a set-up.

besides, the animated JLA movies have been awesome, and they're around 77 min long - they can put in way more character development in 2+ hours. also, they don't NEED solo movies to introduce those characters anyway. most of the GA knows them from either superfriends of JLU.

i say treat this JLA movie with the mindset that it's completely on its own, independent of everything else that has come out.

Nobody thinks he can "suddenly" be more successful. It's just that anything but Hal Jordan (whom whether u get Reynolds or another actor they're going to want that look and humor attached) is going to be better received.

But there is no basis for this is what I'm getting at. Especially with John, they guy is a moper and the one from the DCAU was based quite heavily on Hal Jordan, Pre-Infinite Crisis.

John Stewart adds up. He was the plan originally. They went with a different plan and it backfired. Now they should go back to that original JLA black Green Lantern plan. It's a different character, it's an evolution, you dont HAVE to make him so serious all the time. The man can have a bit of humor but just don't make it his calling card.

So it is literally just the secret identity that bothers you, since the Hal Jordan in Green Lantern was a pale imitation of the real character and more like Guy Gardner.

One thing i dont want is for them to model everything after the Avengers lineup. Hal Jordan as the Tony Stark, Aquaman as the Thor of the group, WW as the Black Widow, Superman as the Captain America, Martian Manhunter in the smaller Nick Fury or Hawkeye role, etc.

You need to have diversity but you dont NEED to have a complete Stark like character. It oozes out of Reynolds, and i just dont want it near JLA.

Yeah, Reynolds oozes it, so just reboot the character so he's actually like Jordan and not like Bart Allen, Guy Gardner or Frank Miller's deranged Plastic Man. With John, if you use him and use him accurately, you've got a movie filled with serious characters, except for maybe Barry.

Cyborg as a founding member of the JLA is one of the stupider things about the New 52. By the time the JLA movie comes out, if they use him, they're going to look like they're ripping off ROBOCOP: REBOOTED or something.

J'onn J'onnz can basically be the diverse character for every race. He's a freaking alien. He should be the one that any "different" themes revolve around. Have him voiced by a black actor and his alter ego be black if you're concerned about racial diversity, as that seems to be the norm lately.

John Stewart as Green Lantern was the plan originally because he was the version of the fairly obscure character that most non-fans knew of, based on the four seasons of JL: Animated.

Now, despite the failure of GREEN LANTERN at the box office, thanks to it, multiple DTV films and a new animated series focused on him and not just as a cog in the JLA, that version is Hal. There's no reason to use Stewart over Hal.

I really have no idea why people would think Hal was more like Gardner than Jordan.

And people seem to have missed the point that as GREEN LANTERN wore on, Reynolds' Jordan got more and more like the more mature, serious, focused Jordan we've come to love. He's not going to be doing nothing but making wisecracks in a Justice League movie. It's not like WB doesn't recognize what went wrong with the GL movie. I'm sure any writer who uses Green Lantern in Justice League is going to try to make him either a bit more serious as a character, or, after THE AVENGERS, funnier in a genuine way.

Agreed totally on Cyborg. If I have one big beef with the New 52, it's how they screwed up the charm of having so much history (this was part of the idea, I know, because the charm also is the learning curve). But if I have two big beefs, it's how messed up they made the JLA and Titans. I like Cyborg, I just don't like him as being in the JLA instead of J'onn. And I DEFINITELY don't like not having J'onn be a member of the JLA at all.

Remember, J'onn is a shapeshifting alien, he can be played by a actor of any race and his John Jones persona can be of any race.

I think Aquaman's inclusion is imperative. I really want Aquaman to have a bunch of badass moments because he so easily could with the right writers. Aquaman is a great character, this movie is IMO his only chance right now to escape the mockery that surrounds his character. I like the idea of
Nikolaj Coster- Waldau, Joel Edgerton, and Leonardo Di Caprio (who is supposed to be producing the solo Aquaman movie)

I think that the Movie could be based off the Secret Origins story from the JL show with the Alien invasion/ infiltration and
My Line up would consist of
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman -
Flash- i'd like the Barry Allen version but i guess they can use Wally for the comic relief
Green Lantern - i would prefer Hal over Jon but i wouldn't mind if they went with Jon
Captain Marvel- i would like a superman vs captain marvel fight
Martain Manhunter *he can be like the Nick Fury for the Justice League

Big no to Captain Marvel being introduced in a JL movie. He deserves his own film and his tone wouldnt fit the whole rumored dark and mature JL film.

Yes seriously, Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter for the first but thats a max.
No to either of the Hawks, the Question, Zatanna etc; keep it to the big 7.
Plastic Man I could see being cool but maybe wait until a sequel.

I say no to Green Arrow because of Hawkeye, and no to Black Canary because I don't want a Black Canary without GA.

One thing to keep in mind is that Green Arrow will have a TV series that, if it's good in the ratings, will be several seasons in if there is a JL movie. Whether this would make it more likely or less likely that Ollie would be in a JL movie is up for debate.

Also, I think we should stop worrying about having characters in or not in based on whether they match up with people in the Avengers. Remember, this JL movie is still at least three years away, if it is made at all. By then, the Avengers hype will have died down a bit, and the fact is that you could have 4/7ths of the team be people who stupid moviegoers would think are "Avenger rip-offs" but it wouldn't matter so along as the other three are Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

One thing to keep in mind is that Green Arrow will have a TV series that, if it's good in the ratings, will be several seasons in if there is a JL movie. Whether this would make it more likely or less likely that Ollie would be in a JL movie is up for debate.

Also, I think we should stop worrying about having characters in or not in based on whether they match up with people in the Avengers. Remember, this JL movie is still at least three years away, if it is made at all. By then, the Avengers hype will have died down a bit, and the fact is that you could have 4/7ths of the team be people who stupid moviegoers would think are "Avenger rip-offs" but it wouldn't matter so along as the other three are Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Except there WILL be an Avengers sequel in about 3 YEARS... So the argument about the hype having died down means nothing. Wtf are you talking about? Green Arrow and Hawkeye have the exact same powers. Theyre both really good with a bow. Avengers beat DC to the punch and now DC would seem like a ripoff. You seriously don't realize that? Okay dude..It's obvious. Don't include GA in JL.

Except there WILL be an Avengers sequel in about 3 YEARS... So the argument about the hype having died down means nothing. Wtf are you talking about? Green Arrow and Hawkeye have the exact same powers. Theyre both really good with a bow. Avengers beat DC to the punch and now DC would seem like a ripoff. You seriously don't realize that? Okay dude..It's obvious. Don't include GA in JL.

Hey, I'm not saying GA should be in Justice League, merely that they shouldn't JUST say "Oh, let's not do him because of Hawkeye." They should decide as to use him or not based on how well he'd work. If he's used well enough, people won't care.

Besides, ultimately, they both are rip-offs of guys like Robin Hood and William Tell. The heroic archer is an archtype. When I left one of the times I saw Avengers, I heard two people say that it was kinda stupid that a "glorified Robin Hood" would be on the same team as Thor and the Hulk.

For what it's worth, I don't think Ollie should be in it, at least not as a main member (maybe a cameo or something). This is not because I dislike the character (I don't), but rather because I think a JL movie should be about the big 7.

Given the advent of DCE and WB's (as well as all movie studios') desire to save money by utilizing/recycling old ideas, I would expect the roster to match the New 52 Justice League line up and for the film to use the JL Mortal designs WETA created. I would expect the story to use aspects of the JLM script, merged with the New 52 origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"