Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against Kanye's music really. I just think that it's overused. Like it seems like when filmmakers want to put "contemporary" music into trailers, he's one of the first ones that they go to, whether it really fits or not.

Check the resume, Kanye has critical and commerical success.

But yea "power" is overused I hear it once a day in an ad.

Teekay your salty gifs are hilarious. You seem majorly pissed about these zords. What the bad place were you expecting brother

Something that looked less derivative and looked actually good.

I have nothing against Kanye's music really. I just think that it's overused. Like it seems like when filmmakers want to put "contemporary" music into trailers, he's one of the first ones that they go to, whether it really fits or not.

Might be overused, I'll give you that, but to me that's not a good enough reason to avoid it. Not when it fits so well at least.

Billy's double kick is still the one part I keep playing back
tumblr_ok1na0deXr1qfkbfbo8_400.gif

Triple kick, isn't it?

I think
Jason's dad is going to die. He's reaching pull him out of the car in the trailer but I think a Putty/Goldar or Rita blows the area up before he pull him out hence Jason crawling through the rubble ane his suit looking badly damaged. I think it's his funeral everybody was attending in those set pics

I love how the suits look in action! I'm also really glad that the chemistry the cast had behind the camera seems to have been carried over into the actual film.

I don't think they look THAT bad. I mean, when you consider Goldar and the Putty Patrol (those are the rock looking things, I didn't miss something right?) they definitely aren't the worst looking things.

I'm still going to ship Zack and Trini together! #BlackandYellow baby!! ;)

The Kanye song did not fit well. It was a lazy choice of song for a lazy looking movie.

i am actually excited now 1st trailer did nothing for me but i liked this one

I don't think they look THAT bad. I mean, when you consider Goldar and the Putty Patrol (those are the rock looking things, I didn't miss something right?) they definitely aren't the worst looking things.

They look like they could be from any sci Fi blockbuster in the last couple years or so. And yes they ****ed up Goldar. But they didn't even try with the megazord. It looks like a transformer. A deception.

There's always been an aversion to hiphop, especially Kanye around these parts. Fits the trailer and is something the kids in the movie would've listened to.
As much as I am cold on Kanye lately due to his recent actions.I agree with all of this.

I told you guys that the PR part wouldn't mesh with that moody version the first trailer put out so that's why they chopped it off.

Bad dialogue, corny jokes, suspect acting. That's definitely Power Rangers.

The Zords have weight, I'll give it that. Goldar looks like crap.

Angel Grove looks like one street contains the entire town which doesn't make the idea of giant monsters not killing everyone ridiculous.

Angel Grove just looks like that in general from the original show.

Angel Grove just looks like that in general from the original show.

The original show was strung together from stock footage and live action. There was no real "look" to Angel Grove.

This definitely looks like like anywhere from OkC to Colorado.

Maybe it's just because the Power Rangers meant so much to me growing up, I still have the toys, but this trailer got me really excited. The first trailer didn't do much for me at all but after this one, I'll be there opening night.

It needs the "go go power rangers" song :D

I never cared for Power Rangers, i might have seen 2 or 3 episodes, but that was it.
Every one looked the same, with the monster becoming gigantic after being defeated in "normal-size" form, and having the PR inside the giant robot and defeating it a second and last time.

The trailer did nothing for me....

I do not know..

I mean the first "trailer" sort of made me thing, Ok this could be good.

This one made me think, Ok I was wrong.

It seemed off somehow. The CG (too me) seemed not that great. Just something about the trailer bothered me. Hard to put a finger on it.

I do not know..

I mean the first "trailer" sort of made me thing, Ok this could be good.

This one made me think, Ok I was wrong.

It seemed off somehow. The CG (too me) seemed not that great. Just something about the trailer bothered me. Hard to put a finger on it.

i had the opposite reaction i hated the first trailer it made it look moody and boring

i liked the 2nd trailer

Less derivative of what, exactly? What did you expect giant dinosaur/prehistoric creatures themed vehicles to look like?

Also, who says they don't look good?

I dont like that they have they appear to be visorless while piloting the zords. I know they want us to see their emotion from their face but it just looks weird.

Less derivative of what, exactly? What did you expect giant dinosaur/prehistoric creatures themed vehicles to look like?

Also, who says they don't look good?
Less derivative of the Avengers, Spider-Man and Man of Steel would be a nice start.

Oh, and I think TeeKay is saying they don't look good.

I wonder what happens when the Zord form? Are they going to stuck in their individual zords like the toys suggest? Cause that visorless look would be really dumb looking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"