Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Thread Manager, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

The individual zords mostly look fine, the mastadon being the hardest to tell what I'm looking at. Its the megazord that needed another pass in the design department.

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

But my ooint was they didnt instantly draw from Bayformers. You cant throw Gypsy Danger into the world of TF because he doesnt fit in whereas this new megazord does. I don't follow anime mecha but Pacific Rm really is the first big budget live action monster vs mecha film. Those designs were made from scratch without drawing any influences from anime mecha according to Del Toro. At least he was trying to be original.

3. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Your bitterness about what my Colts did to your season should not spill over into other threads. :cwink:

4. Da-Scribe

Da-Scribe <-- Me

Ehhh, I haven't seen the full scene so I can't really speak to the first.

And yeah, the visual cues are definitely similar. But like I said before, that's kinda always been the thing with PR. It was like a soap opera but with aliens and kung-fu. So that's kinda the vibe I'm getting here. Easily digestible plot points so that you can quickly get to the fun character interactions and kicking.

5. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

She cracks puns and makes corny maniacal dialogue with a staff on-hand and commands an army of monsters.
    If you have an issue with the color, she has an actual reason for being green and we've gone over that ad nauseam,

6. Da-Scribe

Da-Scribe <-- Me

I get where you're coming from, but you could also throw Gypsy Danger into Big O and it'd blend right in. Del Toro may not have intended it, but that's the case for me at least. That doesn't make it bad though. So maybe the Zord looks a little Bayformerish, but then again the Bayformers just look like Gundams.

All this stuff looks the same is what I'm saying lol. It's up to you if you like it or not. Nothing wrong with either.

7. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

And she went around fighting people Asgardian style?

8. Mondragon

Wow similar shots?!
    Cause Zords never ran together or at and over the camera until Transformers movie?
    And really transforming robot dinosaurs look a bit alike? No kidding, (it's probly why they went more alien with them) dinobots look more scrap metal and armor, dinozords look much bulkier/solid and more xenomorph and are color coded like the originals. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

Using this theory, every fight style with a magical staff is the same. Yeah, I don't buy it. :oldrazz:

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

And that's fair enough. I don't like it because for me its all been there done that territory. P

That wasn't even my point. Regardless, its still been there done that territory. And the funny thing is, PR didn't jump to me when I first saw that, transformers did. Because it's all the same aesthetic. There's no identity. It all looks the same.

11. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

Look! You can even see Optimus Prime's face on the Megazord's knee! lol!

You know the design of the Megazord is bad when Real Steal has more Megazord-like robots than the official PR movie.

[​IMG]

Strengthen the joints and give it some fingers and you'd have a solid base model for a Megazord!

Aside from the humanoid appearance (a head, two arms, two legs) Bayformers looks NOTHING like Gundams...

12. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

I'm really puzzled by the Rita/Loki comparisons. Because they don't seem that much in common at all really imo. I mean I have issues with her visual design, which I've mentioned repeatedly before, but not because she seems like Loki (because she doesn't to me).

13. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

Sadistic villain wanting to take over the world by summoning aliens, wears lots of green, and wields a magical sceptar? I don't necessarily think she's a Loki knockoff but I can certainly see the comparisons.

14. Obsidian Idea

Obsidian Idea The light is blinding

Like I said elsewhere...

Don't know where ya'll goin' be but I will be sitting with a bucket of popcorn in the theaters watching this movie when it comes out...

Don't like the movie, skip it! Wait for the next PR film that will hopefully fit your standards.

15. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

Bruh, that looks like a base for a Transformer.
    The Megazords we're used to seeing are guys in color-coded storage bins.
    That's how you know it's Power Rangers.

16. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

LOL!! Well...can't argue with you there, but no one would wants to see that in a modern Power Rangers movie.

17. Snakewise

Snakewise Random

Looks like they should power him up with kryptonite and have him fight Superman.

18. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Since when has the Megazord had a face? I mean, other than all the dinosaur faces...

It's the Megazord, not Voltron.

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Ummmm the megazords has always had a face with a helmet sometimes with a mouthpiece/ visor. The heck you talking about??

20. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Umm, always?

And Voltron and the Megazord share a lot of similarities due to both being a combined form. You look at the new Megazord, and you can't tell that it is made of different robots.

21. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?

22. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

You conveniently left Goldar out...but the original Megazord at least had eyes and the Megazords that followed had faces or similar eye/mask combinations as the original Megazord. Even if the original Megazord didn't have a face, this incarnation is obviously a significant departure so why not give it a face? And are you trying to argue that NO face is the best route to go?

Also...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the original Megazord was heavily inspired by Voltron. Even if you're too dense to see it, Tsuyoshi Nonaka (known for his work on Super Sentai) said that Megazord was inspired by Voltron. So :p

23. Jekecy

Jekecy Well-Known Member

Christ, pedantry at it's finest.

24. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not exactly sure what PR he has been watching but the megazords have had faces. Half of them look like they have helmets and armour on but the face features are there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I lol'd too hard at this. :funny: This is Sig worthy.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.