Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This trailer looked amazing. This will be a hit. I just don't know why everyone is knocking every aspect of this trailer after hating the last one for not having enough. I felt this was pr all the way. The putties make sense. The final image of goldar vs megazord actually looks like goldar sorta resembles his lion form, at least to me anyways. The megazord was slick for real and it paid homage to the original in so many ways. No movie from a nostalgic tv show can be 100% how it was. This was real good, held me at the edge of my seat, and gave me what I needed to see.

Plus we more than likely we get Lord Zedd in this. This will knock the 95 movie out of the water.

I don't think it'll be a hit. I think it needed a slam dunk trailer for that to happen but PR just looks okay at best, it looks like an amalgamation of other superhero films. We'll see in March.

I don't think it'll be a hit. I think it needed a slam dunk trailer for that to happen but PR just looks okay at best, it looks like an amalgamation of other superhero films. We'll see in March.

Basically. I see it doing something like Star Trek Beyond numbers. Give or take.

Sometimes I think TK and Darth secretly love the trailers and designs but they value their roles as negative Nancy.

Its ok guys...this is a safe space ;)

You're working way too hard to find reasons to dislike this movie. Perhaps it would be better if you just stopped following it.

Like I said elsewhere...

Don't know where ya'll goin' be but I will be sitting with a bucket of popcorn in the theaters watching this movie when it comes out...

Don't like the movie, skip it! Wait for the next PR film that will hopefully fit your standards.

Christ, pedantry at it's finest.

This trailer looked amazing. This will be a hit. I just don't know why everyone is knocking every aspect of this trailer after hating the last one for not having enough. I felt this was pr all the way. The putties make sense. The final image of goldar vs megazord actually looks like goldar sorta resembles his lion form, at least to me anyways. The megazord was slick for real and it paid homage to the original in so many ways. No movie from a nostalgic tv show can be 100% how it was. This was real good, held me at the edge of my seat, and gave me what I needed to see.

Plus we more than likely we get Lord Zedd in this. This will knock the 95 movie out of the water.

Breath of fresh air to see a few others notice this behaviour. One thing is for sure, im skipping the next trailer and TV spots. I've seen what I needed to see in the form of the suits in action, the Zords and the direction for the movie. This feels like 1995 all over again. Can't wait for the tickets to go on sale. The beauty of releasing this trailer so late is that there's not much wait left before the movie is out. :D

I don't know why people were complaining about this trailer arriving to late. This and Logans first trailer both came out in October and we got the Power Rangers and Logan trailers today in mid January.

The Kanye song did not fit well. It was a lazy choice of song for a lazy looking movie.

It doesn't look that lazy just doesn't seem to reinvent the wheel or anything.

There are obvious attempts in creating character depth, atmosphere, expanding on the mythos- however vapid that ends up being remains to be seen.

Curmudgeon lol.

This trailer made the movie seem pretty fun, played out Kanye song aside.

Basically. I see it doing something like Star Trek Beyond numbers. Give or take.
I don't see it getting anywhere near 160mil in North America. Again I have been wrong on these things before so maybe I'll be wrong again but I'm going for 85-90 million domestically right now. Who knows what it will do overseas? I sure don't.

I don't see it getting anywhere near 160mil in North America. Again I have been wrong on these things before so maybe I'll be wrong again but I'm going for 85-90 million domestically right now. Who knows what it will do overseas? I sure don't.

I'm certain that the numbers internationally will be much bigger than domestically. Audiences really react differently to Hollywood movies outside of North America. I guess it's the same for us to foreign films compared to the local audiences.

It might. I would say 120 mil domestic sounds about right. Maybe more but i don't think anything less. It will kill overseas more than likely.

I don't know why people were complaining about this trailer arriving to late. This and Logans first trailer both came out in October and we got the Power Rangers and Logan trailers today in mid January.

Because the damage has been done. They have been advertising this for MONTHS as your run of the mill YA scifi drama. And that is not the target you want for your $150 million dollar movie. Logan's trailer has been widely praised. And then they kept building the anticipation with a constant stream of photos and even showing off the first act to the press. Whereas Lionsgate was playing amateur hour by letting low quality toys reveal the big things of the movie. Though frankly, based on the trailer, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

It might. I would say 120 mil domestic sounds about right. Maybe more but i don't think anything less. It will kill overseas more than likely.

It won't get to 120 domestic. The marketed is too crowded and I don't even think it'll win opening weekend either. Too much competition.

Regarding the BO there's too much work for Lionsgate to do on the promo side to catch up with Logan, BatB and Kong. I mean we have TV spots for Kong and BatB, with Logan we get pics on Twitter and other Social Media stuff but they're premiering the film early at a film festival in a couple weeks. PR has toys and some merch that no one will see if they don't go to the store and look for it.

I heard the script has a case of "Too many cooks" so I doubt it'll be what you guys are expecting

Last edited:
It won't get to 120 domestic. The marketed is too crowded and I don't even think it'll win opening weekend either. Too much competition.

We will see but I think it will get good reviews. I think it will be fine and do enough to get a sequel.

Ah oops, for some reason I thought STB got like $120M in the US.

What is this gonna be attached to, XXX?

Interesting theory going around that has Elizabeth Bank's playing Trini's Mom/Step-Mom/Ect and she gets possessed by Rita's spirit.

I'm neutral on this....

We will see but I think it will get good reviews. I think it will be fine and do enough to get a sequel.

I doubt it. Like ISS said, it looks like an almagamation of superhero movies. Its going to suffer from the "been there done that" unless it brings something new to the table which it won't. Its a competitive market and critics are being harsher especially to cbms/super hero movies.

Billy's double kick is still the one part I keep playing back
tumblr_ok1na0deXr1qfkbfbo8_400.gif

Oh and Kimberly in the b/g with her karate stance

Honestly I was reminded of that side kick that Chad/Lightspeed Blue did in Lightspeed Rescue, only with a bigger budget and better effects
W0UGOp.gif

Honestly I don't know if it would be a hit or not (I hope so, but I am extremely skeptical), but honestly there is no bad part of the trailer and felt very fast paced. This was the one time I actually liked how the Kanye song was placed in the trailer, because usually the song feels more jarringly placed in the trailer for certain films and trailers for me. It was a good build up. i also really liked how the interactions between the teens were pretty good for me(especially Zack and Billy's lol:woot::woot:).

going through this thread its good to know

- Man Of Steel created city street battles
- rita is copying loki by holding a staff/scepter(something she has always held) and controlling the bad guy minions(something she has always done)
- spiderman created freaking out over your powers
- zords running together towards the screen was stole from 1 of bay's transformers movies(even tho they did the same thing in tv show from the 90's)

raw

going through this thread its good to know

- Man Of Steel created city street battles
- rita is copying loki by holding a staff/scepter(something she has always held) and controlling the bad guy minions(something she has always done)
- spiderman created freaking out over your powers
- zords running together towards the screen was stole from 1 of bay's transformers movies(even tho they did the same thing in tv show from the 90's)

raw

Bdxw1kK.gif

Welp, that nostalgia kick guaranteed my day one purchase.

Still deep down in my heart I don't think this'll be the adaptation I'd been waiting for, but if there's enough dumb fun and roots to the OG series, that may keep the expectations at least for this film.

Also:

tumblr_ok197ybJa11vmm1nwo2_540.gif

Most unnecessary snap-zoom ever? :funny:

Jesus those suits are ugly, the back of the yellow ranger looks like the suit has a skin condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"