List your Best Couple from a Comic Book "Origin" Film

I do really love the relationship between Steve and Peggy. I think the reason why that couple works because the relationship was never going to work. It was always in danger. That and throughout the course of the movie, they grew a mutual respect for each other.
Their mutual respect is great. Allows them to be on equal footing in their relationship.

Plus Hayley Atwell :hrt::hrt:
Bless my soul, that woman is perfection.

You also know you're on the MOS board when Rowsdower! continues following The Batman around to cry about The Batman's posts....because for some reason, Rowsdower! dosen't know what the ignore button is.

And deprive myself of watching you blow a gasket every time someone makes a positive comment about MOS? No thanks, it's too entertaining.

Always found her attractive ever since i saw her on that mini...pillars of the earth
The first time I saw her, she got up-close and personal with Keira Knightley in The Duchess. Then I saw her in Mansfield Park. Yeah, she has had me since then.

Haven't seen those two movies yet...they any good?

Both are TV movies right?

...and this thread is in the wrong forum...

And deprive myself of watching you blow a gasket every time someone makes a positive comment about MOS? No thanks, it's too entertaining.

The only time a gasket's blown is when you decide to respond to my posts, which is why you continue with ad hominems.

Either make a good argument against my posts, like Audrey has done, or stop whining about them. Or continue whining about them. The only time you'll waste is your own.

Lois and Clark/Superman have won the DCwomenkickingass "best comic relationship" poll every year she's had it. Pre new 52 and post new 52. They still won it this year even after DC's stunt with Superman/WW. And it wasn't a close vote. Lois/Clark annihilated the competition every year.

You may get different results depending on where you ask the question....but Lois and Clark are arguably the most famous and beloved comic book couple in the genre.

This all may be true, but this also has nothing to do with Comic Book Movies.

My point with this is....you are also talking about raised stakes.

Man of Steel was NOT a romantic movie. Now, we can talk and debate about whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Personally, I thought what we got from Lois and Superman was great and there is clearly room to grow. But the script itself was not focused enough on their interactions.

Then you add that Superman and Lois have 75 years of expectations and emotional baggage. They've had a TON of really great moments at this point which means that it takes MORE to make us sit up and go, "This is the best ever!"

Tony/Pepper had a huge adventage coming into Iron Man because...there were NO expectations. People outside of comics had no idea who Pepper Potts was.

It's just a very hard conversation because Lois and Superman, for better or worse, have so much iconic history at this point and so much "perfection" in other media that to get to a level where you can say "best" is just going to be really, really hard.

All that said, I think you could tell throughout the interview process that Henry and Amy continue to get to know each other better and seem to really, really like each other.

I think the potential is there for really sparky stuff in the sequel. I hope Snyder isn't stupid enough to blow that. That said, I did enjoy what we got which was two adults connecting in a way that was based on mature trust and respect because I don't think we get that a ton in movies about 30-somethings. :)

I can understand that MOS is not a romantic movie and that there's alot of expectations for a Lois/Clark couple.

And I think there could be potential for a stronger relationship in the sequels. I just don't think that, as this poll indicates, MOS Clark and Lois is superior to several other Cinematic Superhero couples. It's definitely superior to a lot of them, however.

Best on screen portrayal of a "couple" is Stark and Pepper, easily.

Haven't seen those two movies yet...they any good?

Both are TV movies right?

...and this thread is in the wrong forum...
The Duchess was a theatrical release. I know because I had to drive a bit to see it three times.

I like both, and I find The Duchess to be a very good film, but they are both period pieces. If you are not into that, you'll probably get a bit bored.

Best on screen portrayal of a "couple" is Stark and Pepper, easily.

But see....here is where I have to respectfully challenge that.

Stark and Pepper wouldn't even exist without Lois and Clark. I'm not trying to be mean here...it just is what it is.

The very idea that Pepper Potts could become this incredible businesswoman and "the one thing that I can't live without" to Tony is rooted, first and foremost, in years and years of Lois and Superman doing this thing first.

I'm not saying that Tony and Pepper weren't great. It's more that I'm saying....be aware of where these things come from.

The very idea that you'd have a bantering/cute love interest in a superhero movie and that the woman in question would be this badass career woman did NOT start with Iron Man. Iron Man borrowed from Superman in the same way that the original Spider-Man trilogy borrowed from Superman in many ways.

I'm not saying don't love Pepper and Tony. They are great! I'm saying...be aware of where these things come from. They don't develop overnight. A lot of what we like and value about superhero romance is bc people borrowed from Lois and Clark over and over again.

In truth, at this point, it's not a fair debate. Pepper and Tony have the reflection of 4 movies now giving rose colored glasses to their debut. The real conversation will take place 10 years from now once Lois and Superman have actually been fleshed out in the new universe.

All that said, the most beautiful superhero romance to ME is actually Lois and Clark on SMALLVILLE. Bc the show had 7 years to do what they did with those two and while the show was flawed, the relationship was pitch perfect by the end.

So we'll see.

I don't think its an unfair debate at all if MOS Lois and Clark are winning this poll.

They are the first, true...but first doesn't always means the best.

It's perfectly normal to find that things have improved since then.

I'm not saying don't love Pepper and Tony. They are great! I'm saying...be aware of where these things come from. They don't develop overnight. A lot of what we like and value about superhero romance is bc people borrowed from Lois and Clark over and over again.

I mean...i like rock music, and it probably would not have existed or become what it is today without Elvis (and Chuck Berry,Bill Hailey etc), but i'll be damned if i'm going to pay the king a one minute of silence everytime i'm gonna listen to Metallica songs...:oldrazz:

^ HEY...where's the Beatles in that list?!!

...I am kidding, by the way...

I have to say though, I highly disagree that Reeve and Kidders Superman and Lois set the standard. I don't think any current comic movie couples borrow from them anymore than they borrow from classic cliches that are dated way before Reeve/Kidder.

I can't say they set the standard because each romance is dictated by the kind of characters that are involved. Reeve/Kidder was like a fairytale romance due to the nature of Superman/Lois, but Tony Stark isn't going to have that same kind of relationship with Pepper due to the very nature of Iron Man and the world he and pepper inhabit.

LOL...the Batman and the Beatles...

I smell a team up

But yeah...i have a problem with the notion that just because it's the first, it always going to be the best...not just in this case, but i've heard this theory on music, movies, games etc, and i just can't agree with that. It's not always the case.

But see....here is where I have to respectfully challenge that.

Stark and Pepper wouldn't even exist without Lois and Clark. I'm not trying to be mean here...it just is what it is.

The very idea that Pepper Potts could become this incredible businesswoman and "the one thing that I can't live without" to Tony is rooted, first and foremost, in years and years of Lois and Superman doing this thing first.

I'm not saying that Tony and Pepper weren't great. It's more that I'm saying....be aware of where these things come from.

The very idea that you'd have a bantering/cute love interest in a superhero movie and that the woman in question would be this badass career woman did NOT start with Iron Man. Iron Man borrowed from Superman in the same way that the original Spider-Man trilogy borrowed from Superman in many ways.

In truth, at this point, it's not a fair debate. Pepper and Tony have the reflection of 4 movies now giving rose colored glasses to their debut. The real conversation will take place 10 years from now once Lois and Superman have actually been fleshed out in the new universe.

All that said, the most beautiful superhero romance to ME is actually Lois and Clark on SMALLVILLE. Bc the show had 7 years to do what they did with those two and while the show was flawed, the relationship was pitch perfect by the end.

So we'll see.

It's like... everything comes from somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"