Live Action Assassin’s Creed Series | Netflix

I love Assassin's Creed. I hope its not tedious to watch and boring like most of NetfliX's shows. Though it probably won't last long as NetfliX always cancels their shows very early.

Netflix just throwing money at whatever

Interesting see this and unchartered getting up and running. Maybe the mood in Hollywood is that comic books are almost tapped out and it’s time for a new goldmine?

Interesting see this and unchartered getting up and running. Maybe the mood in Hollywood is that comic books are almost tapped out and it’s time for a new goldmine?

Or more likely, comics have all been *claimed*. There's plenty of demand for more comic book superheroes, but almost all the demand is for the properties owned by two companies. It doesn't matter how much gold is still in those hills if someone else already owns them. Whereas video games are not monopolized by just two companies, and have a lower market value right now. Its cheap land that *might* turn out to have gold in it.

I feel like that Assassin's Creed anime got announced a long time ago?

I mean this isn't really new. Big budget movies got made for Assassin's Creed and Warcraft in 2015 and 2016. Uncharted has been in prolonged development for close to 10 years as a movie.

It does seem like a lot of video game properties are going to TV and streaming lately, though. Probably because TV/streaming is cheaper and lower risk than movies, but also has increasing budget to grab pricier properties. That, combined with the slow but inevitable generational change whereby more and more people in the industry grew up with video games, and bam. Alchemy for a lot of video game shows. Maybe some of them will not suck ( well, some more of them, Castlevania is already pretty dang good ).

Yall ready for the inevitable hallway fight? And the stairwell fight? Might even even go for the hat trick with a trusty elevator fight too.

Interesting!

I will definitely watch this!
If this is succesful, I wish Ubisoft can co-produce with Netflix to produce more of their title into a live action series (like Far Cry or Watch Dogs).

But will it going to be an original story or adaptation of already established game story?

I'd like to see a live action Odyssey or Origins.
Though an original new story would be also okay. (Hope it will be better than 2015 movie).

Since the AC games are an ongoing and growing canon Id prefer the netflix series tell its own story that aligns with the games and books canon. Rather than doing an adaption of a story that has already been told in the canon.

Are they going start with Altair Ibn-La'Ahad or skip straight to Ezio, is the real question.

Are they going to ignore the whole present day and Juneau storyline like all the games after III?

I’m torn on whether this should be a new story or an adaptation of an established one. I think either can work but given how the “new story” concept blew up in their faces when they made the movie, it might be worth sticking to characters people know and want to see. Conversely, if they do a bad job with said characters, then that will anger fans even more.

AC is kind of unique in that most of the games feature a new main character (aside from some of the present day anchors tying them together) but I would just hate to see them miss the mark again. More selfishly, I would love to see Alexios and Kassandra or Bayek and Aya in a series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"