Live Action Ben 10 TV Series

Didn't they try this already? I know there was talk of a theatrical live action movie WB was gonna do back in the day.

I will never get the love for this franchise. I find Ben to be a TERRIBLE character. Yeah... The concept is sound. The aliens are pretty interesting in design and abilities. But Ben is a perfect example of why I dislike most of what Man Of Action does in animation.

Now... If you told me a live action Generator Rex was being planned that's a whole other story.

Unless there's a big overhaul of Ben as a character and he actually grows and learns something each episode and ends up being more than just a cliche' of a dumb as **** "regular" kid that's also a brat most of the time (Why is that the default for "average kid" BTW?) then fine... But otherwise count me out.

If it's as good as Doom Patrol, I'm game. Hope to see some practical make-up fx for some of the aliens.
goro.jpg

I’m still kinda surprised this franchise has lasted this long to have so many animated and live-action shows and films.

To fiction writers kid protagonists are either misunderstood *******s or geeky introverts who caught the short end of the stick in life.

I remember watching a live action version of this about a decade ago because a friend of a friend played one of the main characters. It was god-awful. And what was really weird was, during all the commercial breaks, they had the actors talking about their experience working on the show. It somehow made it even worse.

To fiction writers kid protagonists are either misunderstood *******s or geeky introverts who caught the short end of the stick in life.
And with Ben 10, you get both...although his cousin is more annoying older sister

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"