Live-Action Cowboy Bebop

5nx3l3.gif

Thought that was them!

LOL whenever they're around I hear the Girl From Ipanema,.
Antonio, Carlos and Jobim :cwink::up:

Last edited:
Playing Faye definitely requires you to have a great sense of humor, goofiness, comedic timing and the ability to be kind of shameless and being allowed to occasionally embarrass yourself through ridiculous antics, so, between this and a recent video she posted on her Instagram:

She’s definitely got what it takes. :funny:

Daniella Pineda is hysterical!
There is an episode where Faye is going on about how delicate and refined woman are, as she eats dog food :funny:

tDIpSl.gif

Last edited:
Hey, not her fault when Spike keeps killing all of their bounties!

Three and a half days until we get our first look at the trailer for the show!

Time to rewatch the anime again as well!

Faye was Singaporean in the anime, so I think concern over Pineda's casting is valid.
I didn’t know Faye was from Singapore, though! Must have went over my head the first time I watched the series.

Wonder why they went a different route?
That's cause it's never stated (narrative) or said out loud by anyone, other than a visual reference, and unless you recognize it, it could have been anywhere, and her story is exactly the same.
In the vid flash backs of her childhood, and when she traces the location down with Ed, they visually reference landmarks specific to Singapore (particularly the "Merlion").
So unless you know what it is you are looking at it's pretty meaningless, it's just a vague place she once grew up, she has little to no memory of, which in the end her whole character arc is, it doesn't define her.
5o220j.gif

daniella-e1628551745696.jpg

As far as you asking why they cast someone not from Singapore, as to her ethnicity? Again it's somewhat meaningless, (we also don't ever get her real last name),she can be another ethnicity and still have grown up in Singapore, even her childhood friends who also grew up there, seem to suggest there was plenty of diversity among her group and upbringing.

Edward also grew up there, as it's her who actually recognizes the landmark, and leads Valentine back there.
That also doesn't mean Ed has to be cast from Singapore, she could have grown up there and still be another ethnicity..
Not sure that absolutely defined either of those characters.

Last edited:

That's great for the original! It's gonna get binged by a lot of new people.
Hope they put the movie up too, as unless you once bought the DVD, it's even harder for some to find to stream.

Last edited:
That's cause it's never stated (narrative) or said out loud by anyone, other than a visual reference, and unless you recognize it, it could have been anywhere, and her story is exactly the same.
In the vid flash backs of her childhood, and when she traces the location down with Ed, they visually reference landmarks specific to Singapore (particularly the "Merlion").
So unless you know what it is you are looking at it's pretty meaningless, it's just a vague place she once grew up, she has little to no memory of, which in the end her whole character arc is, it doesn't define her.
5o220j.gif

As far as you asking why they cast someone not from Singapore, as to her ethnicity? Again it's somewhat meaningless, (we also don't ever get her real last name),she can be another ethnicity and still have grown up in Singapore, even her childhood friends who also grew up there, seem to suggest there was plenty of diversity among her group and upbringing.

Edward also grew up there, as it's her who actually recognizes the landmark, and leads Valentine back there.
That also doesn't mean Ed has to be cast from Singapore, she could have grown up there and still be another ethnicity..
Not sure that absolutely defined either of those characters.

Sounds like erasure to me.

Glad the original seiyuu are all coming back :)
Yamadera-san is now a no.1 seiyuu in Japan
(He is voicing a lot of big projects in the last few years..not just anime, he is also the voice of Star Lord in Japanese dubbed of all of Star Lord's MCU appearances and also dubbed Will Smith in Aladdin, too).

Last edited:
I find it kind of crazy that there still isn't a trailer out for this yet. I guess we will officially get something next month, but man there is going to be so much going on in Ocotber with promotion also likely starting the new Boba Fett show, The Batman, The Resident Evil reboot, NWH and who knows what else.

They need to put out a killer trailer IMO if they want to have any chance of building hype for this, especially with fans already being super skeptical about it just for being on Netflix.

The footage is terrible. Watching the "trailer" lacking all the dynamism of the original (who doesn't want to watch John Cho run very slowly?), was a special kind of bad. All the crap cosplay was even worse. Vicious...

CuxvVgE.gif

Considering who they showed in the trailer, clearly the idea is to just show as much stuff from the anime as possible, to try and get fans. But the footage was so bad, and all the comparisons to the anime make it look worse .This makes Netflix's Death Note look good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"