Live Action Pokemon Red & Blue Movie

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Live Action 'Pokemon Red and Blue' Movie Allegedly in the Works

Legendary Entertainment is allegedly working on another live-action movie, this time based on the original Pokemon games.

We Got This Covered, which has published multiple rumors about the future of Pokemon's live-action franchise, is now claiming that Legendary is working on a live-action movie based on Pokemon Red & Blue, the first Pokemon video games. The rumor, which comes from one of the site's "trusted sources," says that the movie will be set in the same universe as Detective Pikachu but will focus on the story that first introduced players to the world of Pokemon back in the late 1990s.

If a Pokemon Red and Blue movie is actually in the works, it would likely be a straightforward adventure movie pitting a protagonist against Team Rocket.

Last edited:
Please make this movie happen.
92MKc.gif

I made a separate one (I made another one for the rumored live action MewToo movie) since I don't think there needs to be an all encompassing thread for all things Live Action Pokemon. We can talk about the other ones which are in different stages of development in their respective threads so that the Detective Pikachu thread doesn't have unnecessary traffic for news regarding the other movies.

I’m still surprised they didn’t start with this.

Intrigued to see where they go with it.

Nice! I’m pretty excited for Detective Pikachu already, so this could be icing on the cake if it’s good.

I'm all for this honestly, and if it works out, they can roll off films for the other games too...
  • Red & Blue
  • Gold & Silver
  • Ruby & Sapphire
  • Diamond & Pearl
  • Black & White
  • X & Y
  • Sun & Moon
I'm thinking they can probably forego Yellow, Crystal, Emerald etc. Each game (story) is a lot to tie up in a single film though, so I'd further wonder whether they'd need a trilogy or something each? If they can get it right, then there's certainly a long-term investment to be had here.

I’m still surprised they didn’t start with this.
Well, Pikachu is probably the most known Pokémon, so they probably figured they'd start with a movie about a Pikachu, but not a direct convert of the manga(?) series with Ash.

dont think an full Asian Cast will happen , but good choices

Thank you, I would be very sad if they didn’t at least try to have lots of asians in the cast. Ken Watanabe for example was destined to play professor oak imo

Pokemon Cinematic Universe a Possibility After Detective Pikachu - IGN

Mendes seems to give credence to the rumor back in January that Legendary is developing a live-action Pokemon movie called Pokemon: Red and Blue, based off the first games in the series, that would take place in the same world as Detective Pikachu. Mendes also added, “Even the Pokemon themselves, there are eight hundred of them. We're going to have a lot of them in [Pokemon: Detective Pikachu], but we want to play with all of them at some point.”

A movie like this needs to be a trilogy where the kid sets out to be a Pokémon master but encounters an evil plot by Team Rocket, or whoever, that could threaten the world. On the way he makes friends (that tag along), battles gyms, and plays an important role in stopping the evil teams schemes.

Thank you, I would be very sad if they didn’t at least try to have lots of asians in the cast. Ken Watanabe for example was destined to play professor oak imo

Nah, that was Robin Williams.

Yeah well, I guess they wants to test the water first. Makes sense. Imagine if they did to Pokémon what they did to super mario

Red should be able to smack Team Rocket out of their senses.

I saw Pokémon, I choose you which sort of did the character origin story as a full feature movie. It wasn’t bad but I’m not sure it would work in live action or for new audiences. Maybe making it smaller and more focused like ash joins up with brick and misty and has to find his dad or whatever is better than him having to do all eight badges in one movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"