Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every new poster or photo makes me want to watch this movie more and more. Looks damn great.

15043477_210650859344623_7872389378113273856_n.jpg

Looking at all the photos, and watching the trailer in black and white constantly, when I finally went back and watched the color version, it really doesn't work as well imo.

Instead of 3D and 2D showings, they should totally do color and b&w showings
long shot, but hey, a guy can dream

So with king Kong and beauty and the beast coming out in March what do you think Logan will make

I have my doubts about Kong. Heck I've got my doubts about Logan too.

Beauty and the Beast will certainly cut down everything in its path, but that would be the third week for Logan so it'll be OK. Kong Skull Island is certainly the bigger concern with it being the following week. I think Logan will still be OK, but they have similar audiences. Ideally, it'll hope for a solid opening weekend. I think The Wolverine was $53 million. For an R-rated movie coming after the weak X-Men: Apocalypse, I think Fox should be happy with $60mil. I could see it making about 90 million domestic in three weeks, which isn't bad for a lower budget.

I'd guess its gonna make more than the wolverine either way.

Last edited:
The Wolverine made 400 plus WW, so I'm sure if it gets around that Fox would be satisfied. This isn't some 150+ budget superhero film anyways, and Deadpool proved there is a market for R-rated superhero films, so hopefully the same kinds of crowds will turn out for that. (Even though Deadpool benefited from an ingenious marketing campaign)

I can see it making a bit more than the Wolverine considering it's Hugh's last appearance and it being potentially a great R-rated film. Around 500 probably.

I don't think X-Men apocalypse will have any effect on Logans box office but even if logan turns out to be a great movie i don't think it will hit deadpool numbers.

I think deadpool was unique because of the humour while logan looks like its heading more into more emotional drama.

It will probably make more then the wolverine though.

This isn't some 150+ budget superhero film anyways, and Deadpool proved there is a market for R-rated superhero films

Well that depends since Deadpool could have been PG13 and still made the money it did, it may not have been just the R-rating that brought people in, at least not for everyone.

I think 250-300 WW is a pretty safe bet. March will be a busy month. Every week there's something big or competitive, at least.

Last edited:
Kong doesn't look promising with that new trailer. Beauty and the Beast will have legs like Cinderella. While Wolverine attracts fewer audience when he is not with the X-Men. Though it looks low budget so I don't think Fox needs it to be a big hit. This is the last Logan movie anyway.

It's certainly not low budget, for an r-rated movie it's pretty big budgeted, fox must be confident it will make its money back.

I don't see it making less then the wolverine did personally, I'd also hope it wouldn't.

It will do similar numbers or more if the promo campaign knocks it out of the park. R-rating lowers it chances at the box office, obviously, and I wouldn't underestimate Kong, Beauty and even Ghost in the Shell.

Ghost in the Shell looks like a typical sci-fi thriller but I guess it is more polished looking. It will come out in April and Logan will be in its fifth week, so I don't see it as a factor.

Is that even official?

This movie looked like it cost 58 million just like Deadpool. Though I guess the paychecks for Patrick and Hugh bloated the budget.
I don't know. Paychecks for the leads weren't small, I'm sure, but the first trailer didn't show anything. No action, no FX. Who knows.

Personally I think the novelty of the r-rating will help boost it abit, no one has seen a wolverine that's r-rated so that's bound to gain favourable attraction out of curiosity.

That's not to say it would work with every comic book movie or even if they kept making r-rated wolverine movies the the attraction would hold but for for the novelty of this first time I think it will get some attraction.

Last edited:
I don't know. Paychecks for the leads weren't small, I'm sure, but the first trailer didn't show anything. No action, no FX. Who knows.

Am sure there will be some surprising action stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"